2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Pairs FS

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Aussies are awesome! :hap10: Really hope that along with Duskova/Bidar they will qualify to JGPF and break the Russian field :) Btw. Are they better than Senior Pairs in Australia?

EDIT: They spoiled all of predicitions in Prediction Game :biggrin:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aussies are awesome! :hap10: Really hope that along with Duskova/Bidar they will qualify to JGPF and break the Russian field :) Btw. Are they better that Senior Pairs in Australia?

I think they skated Senior Pairs at Hollins in June.

I think...hopefully Paris and Matthew skate really well tomorrow and then we can have two pairs at Four Continents! Can you imagine?! :cheer:

hanca

Record Breaker
Wow, this makes for an interesting scenario for JGPF:

Amina ATAKHANOVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV - 22 (2nd and 4th)
Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT - 22 (3rd and 3rd)
Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR - 18 (1st place beats Liu/Johnson in tie breaker)
Chelsea LIU / Brian JOHNSON -18 (3rd and 5th)

Coming up in Germany:

Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV - 15 points
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR -15 points
Alina USTIMKINA / Nikita VOLODIN - 13 points (from this competition)
Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Maksim SELKIN 9 points

Atakhanova/Spiridonov should still be fine for JGPF. It looks like Alexandrovskaya/Windsor might get in if the top three in Germany are in the top 3 and Poluianova/Selkin get another 4th place.

It won't be Poluyanova/Selkin but Boikova/Kozlovskii in Germany, and they have already one second place, so they should be in even with fifth place. So that reduces Alex./Windsor's chances a bit.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think they skated Senior Pairs at Hollins in June.

I think...hopefully Paris and Matthew skate really well tomorrow and then we can have two pairs at Four Continents! Can you imagine?! :cheer:

I totally can! And really hope so! We need more good Pairs Teams in Figue Skating :cheer:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Looooool 1st Dima & now A/S Sabotaging chances continues...
Starting to be afraid of some other so called leaders

TMC

Record Breaker
Yay I just noticed that the Aussies are coming to Finlandia Trophy, too! I'm going to see them in person!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya/Harley Windsor (AUS)
WHEE TEAM AUSTRALIA GO GO GO :cheer:
Purple! Cutouts! Sparkles!

3Tw yay!
SBS 2A she holds on
I am very tired now so I will get more biased
3T-2T-2T GORGEOUS!
3TTh great!
Upsy, very nice positions!
SBS FCCoSp great camel lines
3LoTh two foot
Spirals!
Upsy from spreadeagle, more nice positions, slow dismount
BO death spiral
Pair spin!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THEY WERE GREAT THEY WERE GREAT THEY WERE GREAT!

You cant make this up....wonderfull!
http://www.burwoodscene.com.au/2016/09/aboriginal-figure-skater-unlikely-partner-take-world/

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Why were there 3 Russian pairs?

Pairs Entries rules are different than Ladies/Men/Ice Dance due to the lower amount of JGPs with Pairs competitions. Instead of a max of 2 entries/country (excluding hosting advantages), the top 4 countries in Pairs at the previous Junior Worlds earn 3 Pairs spots per JGP event. Russia was the second ranked country (as they earned the silver) so they qualified for 3 entries.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Well done Australia. That was a fantastic free skate by A/W to climb to the top of the podium. For a couple together only a short time they have done really so well, they have got so much potential. Their 3 jump combo was in perfect unison. I find it hard to believe that their is not a suitable male pair skater in Russia for Ekaterina to partner.

A decent skate from U/V to claim a new PB for second. They messed up the 3 jump combo which potentially cost them the victory. I didn't like both their programmes when I seem them first time round but both of them worked for me here. I think he can improve his performances skills a bit. B/S didn't have a great skate by their standards, again her jumps were awol but I think her recent illness is a factor. I'm not sure they have triple jumps potential. Still I like them, their pair elements are superb, I loved the lift where he finished on one foot.

A very disappointing skate from A/S. She had a very bad day at the office. After she fell on the first jump she looked really nervous from then on and I think it also affected him. He was very supportive to her afterwards which was good to see even if she seemed inconsolable.

It will be interesting to see who makes the JGPF, it would be disappointing if the Aussies didn't make it after their victory here.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So Katia was coached by Nina Mozer. Once again it proves that Russian Fed is easy with releasing its skaters if there is no suitable partner in Russia :)

Its a pretty amazing story which I would like to know more about. Did/does Katia speak English? If they keep getting better, is Katia willing to obtain Aussie Citizenship for the Olys? Hopefully,
there is funding for them.....good luck to them both!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Its a pretty amazing story which I would like to know more about. Did/does Katia speak English? If they keep getting better, is Katia willing to obtain Aussie Citizenship for the Olys? Hopefully,
there is funding for them.....good luck to them both!

In this interview posted on the JGP Youtube from after the FS, Katia speaks some English but not perfectly (which makes sense) and does need some things translated for her. The coach did have to ask her some of the questions in Russian but she was able to respond to some things in English, so she's learning.

This article posted after the event states that "Katia...will seek to become Australian" which I assume means that they're looking at citizenship options.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
In this interview posted on the JGP Youtube from after the FS, Katia speaks some English but not perfectly (which makes sense) and does need some things translated for her. The coach did have to ask her some of the questions in Russian but she was able to respond to some things in English, so she's learning.

This article posted after the event states that "Katia...will seek to become Australian" which I assume means that they're looking at citizenship options.

Thanks! They have come so far so fast but its easy to see they are two strong youngin's to leave home and go back and forth to Russia and do this much so fast. Go Australia!