2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Mens FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Mens FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure Vincent is going to be out (unless Jun Hwan ends up below 4th). He is currently 6th with Cha still to skate his second event.

Samarin 15+15
Krasnozhon 15+13
Savosin 15+11
Skira 13+13
Aliev 15+9
Vincent 13+11

Cha 15+?

Oh you're right. So Torgashev has a good shot at passing Aliev for the final spot. BUt then again, I didn't predict Vincent to be out either. Ice is slippery!

I hope Vincent won't be too disheartned. I think this new FS is an improvement over his old one and I'm seeing improvements in spite of hte mistakes.

Caustica

Final Flight
Oh you're right. So Torgashev has a good shot at passing Aliev for the final spot. BUt then again, I didn't predict Vincent to be out either. Ice is slippery!

I hope Vincent won't be too disheartned. I think this new FS is an improvement over his old one and I'm seeing improvements in spite of hte mistakes.

Yes, indeed. If he is 1st or 2nd he will qualify over Aliev.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The issue with Torgashev's qualifications comes down to tiebreaks and score advantages. If Cha wins, Torgashev MUST get silver to be in. However, Erokhov currently has a 12 point PB advantage. Germany will be interesting.

sarama

Medalist
I think it will be a lovely FS once he gets more mileage with it (and less problems!).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The issue with Torgashev's qualifications comes down to tiebreaks and score advantages. If Cha wins, Torgashev MUST get silver to be in. However, Erokhov currently has a 12 point PB advantage. Germany will be interesting.

Torgashev's score is with errors, so there's room for a higher score.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
vincent's blade heel hit a hole on the ice when he is doing that 4S... reminds me of Yuzuru's yesterday popped 4S.
And the hole is there probably due to he practiced 4S there before

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Kovalev is in Germany as well, isn't he? He can beat Torgashev or Erokhov as well if others make mistakes...
(I want Aliev in the final...)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Kovalev is in Germany as well, isn't he? He can beat Torgashev or Erokhov as well if others make mistakes...
(I want Aliev in the final...)

Yes, Kovalev is in Germany. I listed him as a potential spoiler in the Who Will Qualify thread since despite his low placement at his first event, his scoring potential is high.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
so proud of Başar!! as Ted said he had some tight landings but he fought for all of them and earned PB by 27 points only on LP(and i am not following the sport for long but i think its highest lp score from any Turkish skater)!! there are many areas he needs to work on but he is still so young, cant wait to see his progress :yahoo:

Sorry for replying to the same comment twice, but curiosity got the better of me.

I think you're right.

Working on the assumption that Tuğba Karademir is your highest scoring Singles skater, I looked up her PB's, and this is how they compared:

Başar OktarTuğba Karademir
SegmentScoreEventScoreEvent
ISU PBShort Programme53.63
2016 Tallinn Cup53.88
2010 European Championships
Free Skate99.142016 Tallinn Cup89.842006 World Championships
Overall152.772016 Tallinn Cup153.252006 World Championships
Absolute PBShort Programme56.892016 Sofia Trophy53.882010 European Championships
Free Skate105.902016 Sofia Trophy89.842006 World Championships
Overall162.792016 Sofia Trophy153.252006 World Championships

So, in terms of ISU PB’s, Başar’s Free Skate today is indeed the highest FS score for a Turkish skater. But Tuğba is ahead of him on the SP and overall.

But, in terms of absolute PB’s, all of Başar’s scores today are lower than what he scored at the Sofia Trophy in February. And these scores from Sofia are higher than Tuğba’s absolute PB’s.

A disclaimer, though: I did not look up anybody else!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sorry for replying to the same comment twice, but curiosity got the better of me.

I think you're right.

Working on the assumption that Tuğba Karademir is your highest scoring Singles skater, I looked up her PB's, and this is how they compared:

Başar OktarTuğba Karademir
SegmentScoreEventScoreEvent
ISU PBShort Programme53.63
2016 Tallinn Cup53.88
2010 European Championships
Free Skate99.142016 Tallinn Cup89.842006 World Championships
Overall152.772016 Tallinn Cup153.252006 World Championships
Absolute PBShort Programme56.892016 Sofia Trophy53.882010 European Championships
Free Skate105.902016 Sofia Trophy89.842006 World Championships
Overall162.792016 Sofia Trophy153.252006 World Championships

So, in terms of ISU PB’s, Başar’s Free Skate today is indeed the highest FS score for a Turkish skater. But Tuğba is ahead of him on the SP and overall.

But, in terms of absolute PB’s, all of Başar’s scores today are lower than what he scored at the Sofia Trophy in February. And these scores from Sofia are higher than Tuğba’s absolute PB’s.

A disclaimer, though: I did not look up anybody else!

CaroLiza_fan

It's interesting to compare those scores, especially with the 2006 World Championship scores including a Qualifying Round score. I forgot that used to be a thing.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
He has a good shot. Depends on how Torgashov does in Germany.
Andrew probably will take second place. And by scores (PCS and 3A) with even not clean skate (like at Cup of Mordovia) he definitely will be higher than Iliya. I doubt that Erokhov or Kovalev can prevent it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Andrew probably will take second place. And by scores (PCS and 3A) with even not clean skate (like at Cup of Mordovia) he definitely will be higher than Iliya. I doubt that Erokhov or Kovalev can prevent it.

As long as Cha wins or gets silver, Ilia Skirda is actually in, regardless of Torgashev.

It'll be interesting to see if Torgashev DOES improve on his Saransk performance. Both Erokhov and Kovalev currently have a PB advantage over him, so Torgashev needs an error-free skate (since when he does, he has the potential to score high).

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
As long as Cha wins or gets silver, Ilia Skirda is actually in, regardless of Torgashev.

It'll be interesting to see if Torgashev DOES improve on his Saransk performance. Both Erokhov and Kovalev currently have a PB advantage over him, so Torgashev needs an error-free skate (since when he does, he has the potential to score high).
He probably will. Thats what Im talking about. For Kovalev or Erokhov that was their best perfomances. What about Andrew with so many mistakes - he got very big score. So I wonder what he will get if all program will be clean.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
He probably will. Thats what Im talking about. For Kovalev or Erokhov that was their best perfomances. What about Andrew with so many mistakes - he got very big score. So I wonder what he will get if all program will be clean.

Yeah, Andrew controls his own destiny pretty much. Hopefully he won't let the pressure get to him.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Kovalev - yes, he delivered 100%. His jump content does not allow him to get higher scores.
Erokhov - not perfect - he had 2 falls in his FS in Japan