2016 Autumn Classic Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Free Dance

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
V/M's score is not so high compared to what Cappellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates and Gilles/Poirier got at Nebelhorn and what Bobrova/Soloviev got at Ondrej Nepela Memorial. Around 2 to 3 points (4 points in Bobrova/Soloviev's case and around 5 points in Gilles/Poirier's case) difference. I guess they probably lost some levels this time. Or judges are not prepared to give them very high PCS yet as they are a team returning from a longish break.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
V/M's score not so high compared to what Cappellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates and Gilles/Poirier got at Nebelhorn and what Bobrova/Soloviev got at Ondrej Nepela Memorial. Less than 4 points (less than 5 points in Gilles/Poirier's case) difference. I guess they probably lost some levels this time. Or judges are not prepared to give them very high PCS yet as they are a team returning from a longish break.

I could see areas where they would be docked a level in the step sequences. I bet they got level 3s on the step and level 4s on everything else.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's H/B's best program since Amelie. All that ballet training is finally paying off for Hawayek--compare this FD to last year's SD and the improvement is exponential. The ending is not quite right I think. It's too long to get to that end pose. I'd rethink it. But a second here was very important. There was no way they were going to beat Voir, but they beat everyone else. Perception means a lot in ID.

A very good direction for them to take this year, to show that last year's meh SD is a thing of the past and they are progressing as a team. Lovely.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Joining in all the accolades for Kaitlyn and Jean-Luc! I'm in love with this team!:luv17:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's interesting. We're in a strange period of ID, where it is the MALES who are tending to dominate: Cizeron for sure, Baker here. Moir. Poirier. It used to be that the man was simply the stem for the Diva Blossom. But think of how many teams we have now where it is the man who is drawing more attention. Very interesting, and I think very healthy for ID as a whole.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This FD is the best program for me today. It is so nice to see Kaitlyn emote more compared to herself in the SD. I'm also impressed by Jean-Luc's versatility because I think he listens to his partner's language on the ice. Such delicate and dreamy program from them.

:yes: Nicely put. :)

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I could see areas where they would be docked a level in the step sequences. I bet they got level 3s on the step and level 4s on everything else.
Yes, but it's not like the teams that I mentioned got any level 4s for their step sequences. Also, I remembered Cappellini/Lanotte's and Chock/Bates's scores at Nebelhorn wrong. Actually there is just around 2 to 3 points difference between their scores and Virtue/Moir's.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This FD is the best program for me today. It is so nice to see Kaitlyn emote more compared to herself in the SD. I'm also impressed by Jean-Luc's versatility because I think he listens to his partner's language on the ice. Such delicate and dreamy program from them.

Spot on.

Alas I had an appointment and they were the only team I got to see. Mao to the rescue! What would we do without Mao? I shudder to think!

catchie

On the Ice
Video, oh please video? That stream was so awful I only saw seconds of each dance :(

Diodio0013plus account on YouTube seems to be uploading everything. I already heard that V/M video has been muted but the same user has an account on dailymotion too and that version still has sound.

olayolay

On the Ice
I loved V/M's new FD. Is it crazy to say I think it's the best thing they've done since Mahler?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Spot on.

Alas I had an appointment and they were the only team I got to see. Mao to the rescue! What would we do without Mao? I shudder to think!

Well, I'm thinking of Mishkutenok and Dmitriev's FS to the music. :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved V/M's new FD. Is it crazy to say I think it's the best thing they've done since Mahler?

Great minds think alike. :) I said the same thing a couple pages back.

Dots

Final Flight
Seeing how other Fds were score in previous competitions, I cannot believe the judges did not hand out H/B a 100. If a none top team ever made the case for it, it was definitely H/B. Their FD is definitely a stand out this season. IMO much better than teams like B/S and C/L who won their respective competitions.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Diodio0013plus account on YouTube seems to be uploading everything. I already heard that V/M video has been muted but the same user has an account on dailymotion too and that version still has sound.

Can you post a link here? I had to live through a muted Divoon MsIz program and ID without music is like an ocean without water.

bramweld

Record Breaker
H/B were fine, a lovely improvement from last season. HOWEVER V/M were just peerless.

Word to the wise: don't compare scores across competitions its a pointless activity. Rather look at protocols and the quality of the skate :)

Now let me go watch their programs again :)

Was it really outside Marina's reach to create a beautiful program like this for Sochi? I thought Mahler was just too saccharine (sweet); really difficult for me to watch it all the way through, but this has the potential to be magical.