2016 Autumn Classic Ladies Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Ladies Free Skate

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I didn't know Veronik was injured and wouldn't have been able to tell from looking at her yesterday.

She's quite attractive even though I walked by so fast I noticed her sparkly eyes and beautiful hair ;)

She is not Nikolaj Sorensen ;) but yeah:) she looked fine.

I unfortunately didn't see the two other Canadian ladies live. I guess I should be a true keener and watch their videos but I sort of think that with the top 3, even with Veronik out, it will be tough for any girls to get sent to events without the proper jump content.

:eek:topic: Thanks for the info. Veronik is seriously pretty. Larkyn is also a stunner. Seen this?

Michelle did better at this event so perhaps she will get the nod for the 3rd spot at Skate Canada if Veronik cannot compete. Well, we'll find out soon enough.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh lord... i forgot about skate canada.... just give it to julianne :) for fun
:eek:topic: Thanks for the info. Veronik is seriously pretty. Larkyn is also a stunner. Seen this?

Michelle did better at this event so perhaps she will get the nod for the 3rd spot at Skate Canada if Veronik cannot compete. Well, we'll find out soon enough.

i'd say long.... more polished.

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
The music is not Middle Eastern, but from the soundtrack of the HBO series "Rome". It says so on the 1st page of thread too, thanks to dorispulaski.

I associated it with Middle Eastern music because Miki Ando used it back in 2009-10 for her Cleopatra program. I also just looked up the show that the music is from, and one of the characters in "Rome" is actually Cleopatra! So it is very possible that it's from some Middle Eastern arc in the show. Anyways, still glad to see few ~Egyptian~ arms in both Alaine and Rika's programs, I find those arms (see: Malinina Aladdin) incredibly lazy choreography and overly stereotypical.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what do you think of this year's Liza's cleopatra... ?

I associated it with Middle Eastern music because Miki Ando used it back in 2009-10 for her Cleopatra program. I also just looked up the show that the music is from, and one of the characters in "Rome" is actually Cleopatra! So it is very possible that it's from some Middle Eastern arc in the show. Anyways, still glad to see few ~Egyptian~ arms in both Alaine and Rika's programs, I find those arms (see: Malinina Aladdin) incredibly lazy choreography and overly stereotypical.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to wonder if it is a gift. Javier and Ashley and Jason for sure have it. Expression can come from the soul or you have to be a very good actor, as ice dancers have to be. Anyway, I really enjoy those that can put it out there.
Imagine Javier's world winning FS without facial expression!

And yet, look at all the posters around here claiming that Ashley isn't talented.

But expression and artistry, to me, mean much more than facial expression. It's about movement, and the ability to transfer emotion from skater to audience with it. Also, it's about presence. Ashley draws the attention of the audience before the music begins (see Saturday's Japan Open) ... and it's as if she is channeling the thought ... "Watch. I'm about to give you something." She draws the audience in. It's her way of combining the artistry with the technical that entrances me.

Yes, Javier and Jason have these characteristics too. And in all 3 cases, it's a matter of talent plus development of that talent. Of the JO skates, Javier, Ashley and Shoma displayed these skills; and you can see it in the way the audience is riveted.

Rissa

Record Breaker
About Rika: there's been so much complaining (myself included) about skaters not changing it up enough. Rika is terrific doing lively programs, but she had two last season so she went with dramatic this season. I don't think she'd be good at lyrical, but Lawrence of Arabia is a mix between dramatic and lyrical so I'm willing to give this program a chance.