2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Free Dance

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I only saw the final group. I like the French the most among the four teams because of their unique style and Mathieu's charismatic presentation. I prefer their "Under Pressure" to Chock/Bates' one. Although except A/T, no other French dance teams earned a medal in the JGP yet this season, the middle field is pretty deep, so I look forward to all teams' development over the time.

As for Cloe and Logan, they deserved the higher placement than Julia and Mattieu although I really rooted for the French to earn their first JGP medal. Because Julia was not on par with Mattieu yet, their performance looked a bit labored while the Americans seemed to have higher BV and their overall edges and flows were smoother than the French.

Skoptcova and Aleshin's performance was forgettable....sorry. Their movements were wild and they lacked presence and their program was just.....not my taste.

Again, Loboda and Drozd, what's with the silly pointing and poking finger gestures....weird choreography. I don't see how the choreography can be associated with Malaguena. They were fast and wild but their presence was there.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hang on. I thought this week's Challenger Event was the North American one. From glancing at the list, I thought the Nepela was next week.

Drat! :mad: :bang:

What wise guy thought it was a good idea to hold 2 Challenger Events at the same time?! :mad:

Well, I'm heading out in a few minutes, so I won't be watching anything.

But, all the best to Zoe and Christopher!

CaroLiza_fan

Yeah, there are two now, and after Finlandia there will be no Challenger. And considering Ukrainian Open is cancelled, there will be two week with no Challenger...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
No Carreira / Ponomarenko and Shpivalyeva / Smirnov are ahead with 2 silver medals.

The only way for them to qualify, I think, is if Parsons will bomb at their last event and place lower than 4th place. Not really likely, is it?

Edit: sorry, wrong post quoted :)

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Yeah, there are two now, and after Finlandia there will be no Challenger. And considering Ukrainian Open is cancelled, there will be two week with no Challenger...

how on earth did they even plan in the first place that Ukrianian Open ? that was always doubtful given the host country and financial difficulties.
I say they should have moved it to the Mordovian Ornament.... :cool: