2016 JGP Germany Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Ladies SP

frida80

Record Breaker
Brian is a remarkable coach and a better person. He has had a lot of challenges building a Team around him that he can TRULY trust when he is away at competitions to make sure his other students continue to progress. He knows he would not be where he is if it wasn't for his Team. Kind of like the Patriots, need a strong leader, a great coach and a fantastic quarterback to get things done and Brian is both the leader and coach of his Team!

Which explains why he has coached so many champions. Something about his coaching technique and his spirit that makes him so impressive.

frida80

Record Breaker
The door seems to be open and the stage set for a strong US ladies showing here today in the short, lets go Nina, lets go Nina!!!!

Yeah... Her top score this season is 148. Let's just cheer for a clean program and stop crying about the future of junior ladies. We'll get them next year.

andyjo24

Medalist
Haha haha. My same thoughts. Eunsoo is a very hungry girl. At her 1st GP, she was soooo sad when she got a 55 on the SP.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well the FS just got that much more interesting with Lim's nearly 5 point SP advantage over Konstantinova. Eunsoo also has a slight ISU FS PB advantage so Konstantinova really has to bring it in the FS or she'll miss the JGPF

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Konstantinova will have to have a miracle free skate to beat out Honda(Unless she wins).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
That too. But beating Honda's total score won't even matter if she's stuck at bronze.

Well, I think that it's the other way around. Her being stuck at bronze doesn't matter if she doesn't score the points required(Which will be like 127+ IIRC). Only if she scores that many points does it matter if she's second or third. If she is third with less points than that, it doesn't matter either way.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Talking about speed needed for Eunsoo, Nina could use some herself, she has always been a slow and deliberate skater! Nevertheless, great effort by Nina, some very nice extensions and I do see improvement not only from last year, but from Glacier Falls! I look forward to seeing her FS. Nice job, Nina! Keep up the hard work!

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I see Lutricia Bock at almost every competition this season. Is this her 6th event now? :eek:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love Tania MARGARIDO's unconventional but beautiful b/w dress.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I see Lutricia Bock at almost every competition this season. Is this her 6th event now? :eek:

Since events take place in Europe a lot, she uses her opportunities.

ETA: Lutricia sets up her new PB, so all her efforts are rewarded. :)

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
If Eunsoo somehow pulls off 1st or 2nd, is there any chance she makes JGPF?

Very very very very minimal.

If she's 1st, she'll only make it if Konstantinova is 3rd or lower AND if Gubanova ends up either 4th with a low enough score or 5th or lower. Then it would be Tsurskaya (30), Kihira (28), Sakamoto (28), Zagitova (26), Honda (26), and Lim (24).

If she's second, she's already out since at least 6 skaters already have 24+ points.

Last edited:

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Yeah... Her top score this season is 148. Let's just cheer for a clean program and stop crying about the future of junior ladies. We'll get them next year.

I get excited about all of the US skaters that compete at big competitions internationally and domestically. Now I may disagree with the decision to send a particular skater or two, but I cheer for all of them as you never know - the best can blow-up and the not so strong can rise to the occasion! They all work hard and deserve our support!

Since this is Nina's second JGP season, I would expect her, like most US ladies did before her, to place above every other country except for Russia/Japan/Korea (only Brynne and Alexia did not).

I haven't seen many tears being shed about the future of junior ladies on this board. As I just said, I cheer for ALL US competitors as I prefer to be impartial with my comments. On the other hand, I have seen a lot of posts that seem to promote some skaters because they scored well at a club competition or can do a 3-3 and these posts are dangerous as they are not taking all necessary variables in to consideration - they are looking at sections of a program or cherry-picking a score. Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to an opinion, especially in an election year :)