2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm starting to think it may grow on me - I still think it needs a bit more energy & attack.

For sure but honestly it's a lot different ot see it clean as opposed to not- their first outing I thought it was a mess,but when they actually it the elements I think it does and can work.

LRK

Record Breaker
Mistakes - and a bit lacking in energy & attack as well.

However...

I do really like this program, and later in the season, I think it will be great.:)

futurepupdoc

Rinkside
Meagan and Eric look really slow to me. Might be the steam but they look much slower in this program than previous programs.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You could play any music and it would make no difference at all. When they make errors they are really not impressive to watch.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm not a D/R fan, but it's better they made mistakes in a Challenger, they will win anyway, than in GP series (or GPF like last year).

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I like the song...is it Seal? The program has potential...too bad about the lutz's and the 3A. I too thought they were slower than usual, esp. during the prep for the axel.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Mistakes - and a bit lacking in energy & attack as well.

However...

I do really like this program, and later in the season, I think it will be great.:)

I agree.

they probably thought ahead to the 3A throw debut, missing both the preceding 3Lz as well as falling on the 3A. But I like the program, especially after the music of the German team.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like the filming for this, actually. It's nice to be able to see the audience and the scoreboard, not just the little scrolling bar across the bottom of the screen. Feels like I'm actually there.

sarama

Medalist
Meagan and Eric look really slow to me. Might be the steam but they look much slower in this program than previous programs.

They looked super slow to me.... and the preparation for the axel took forever, it's early and with two mistakes it's not easy to judge, but if I were them I would reconsider the throw axel: in a SP such a long preparation makes the choreo super empty (plus they already have a BV advantage with the lutzes)

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, apropos the audience; not a whole lot of people there it seems, but those there do seem to be enjoying themselves, and seem positive & encouraging of the skaters.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
When I see 'Minerva' name I think prof. McGongall 🐯