2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
makes sense...for instance : if Kaetlyn had worried about the results, she may have tensed up... especially since she didn't do a 3-3 in the SP... at the same time, she had a PB for it, so the right attitude was :go out there for the LP and have fun...

I am not in her head so i truly don't know but it seems like she did that :)

winning : bonus

Focusing means worrying? Now I understand why you are against focusing on the result.

The winning formula is be confident of the result, knowing you already won. If you can't have the absolute confidence, then don't think about the result at all. In any case, enjoy the process and let your heart guide you to the right path. The result is a goal so you know where you are headed. It's, however, a movable goal not to be attached to but something to lead you forward. Accept everything. Focus on the moment. It is all there is, say all the Masters.

Namaste.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not at all...

focusing doesn't mean worrying at all.
Focusing on the result where results don't depend only on your performance but of the one of others, and on the score of some judges is not productive.

Focusing on the process makes things zen. It allows you to see your own evolution, your own work, your own progress... when there are difficult moments, it allows to work in a positive way, rather than worry about rankings and results... etc... I could talk forever about this. We have slightly different visions and that's fine. Mine comes from NLP.
Focusing means worrying? Now I understand why you are against focusing on the result.

The winning formula is be confident of the result, knowing you already won. If you can't have the absolute confidence, then don't think about the result at all. In any case, enjoy the process and let your heart guide you to the right path. The result is a goal so you know where you are headed. It's, however, a movable goal not to be attached to but something to lead you forward. Accept everything. Focus on the moment. It is all there is, say all the Masters.

Namaste.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I guess we have different ways of explaining similar idea. At hand, what matters is Patrick's personal approach. He is now skating for himself. It has taken him years of competitions and personal growth to reach this state. Everything else is just distraction. There really is no pressure when he is grounded and focusing on the moment. As we can see, he's buddy with his closest rival of this competition, enjoying himself and the new friendship. :agree:

There really are a few things to look forward to for Mens at Finlandia, including Nathan's 4F and Patrick skating to Eric's music.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'll miss the whole thing anyways :( working out of town
I guess we have different ways of explaining similar idea. At hand, what matters is Patrick's personal approach. He is now skating for himself. It has taken him years of competitions and personal growth to reach this state. Everything else is just distraction. There really is no pressure when he is grounded and focusing on the moment. As we can see, he's buddy with his closest rival of this competition, enjoying himself and the new friendship. :agree:

There really are a few things to look forward to for Mens at Finlandia, including Nathan's 4F and Patrick skating to Eric's music.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
i'll miss the whole thing anyways :( working out of town

Then you'll get to choose whether or not to first find out the results and fans opinions, as well as what and the order of performances to watch. It'll probably be good for you to have such options when it comes to Patrick's LP since you're already indisposed towards the music.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i will most likely watch the top 3-4 skaters when I get back.... yup... i am not sure I will like the music but it's okay, if it's beautifully skated I will appreciate this... Heck, Patrick skated to POTO ;) and I loved his version of it ;) there's a good chance i will like Journey more than POTO :)

Then you'll get to choose whether or not to first find out the results and fans opinions, as well as what and the order of performances to watch. It'll probably be good for you to have such options when it comes to Patrick's LP since you're already indisposed towards the music.

Lysambre

Final Flight
Woooo, I'm back from work just in time to watch from the start XD.

Hope you all have a great time watching :yahoo:

MIM

Medalist
YAY!! I am ready to enjoy the competition.
Go Chan! :luv17:

Also, There are so many skaters to watch closely; Chen, Petrov, Samohin, Kolyada, Kovtun, and Jorik. Good Luck ALL!!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Up really early just to watch it live. Not a peep in the house.

Good luck to all the skaters!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Bela PAPP (FIN)

Music: Requiem for a Dream by Clint Mansell

Black outfit, silver trim details

3A - fall, looked <
3T+3T - turn inbetween, hangs on
FCSp
3F<< - twofoot/stepout
CSSp
CCoSp
StSq

Costly mistakes on all jumps, he looks displeased

SP: 23.30+24.88-1.00 = 47.18, 1/1

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
2 Jiri BELOHRADSKY (CZE)

Music: Everything by Safri Duo; Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song) by Safri Duo

Black outfit, shiny blue plated details on shirt

3Lz+3T
2A
CSSp
3Lo
FCSp
CCoSp
StSq

Solid skate, he fistpumps

SP: 33.62+29.97 = 61.59 (SB), 1/2

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
3 Nathan CHEN (USA)

Music: Le Corsaire by Adolphe Adam

Black shirt, pants

4Lz+3T
4F - fall
FSSp
3A - foot down
CCSp
StSq
CCoSp

Wow, landed the 4Lz! Not perfect, but good start

SP: 50.75+37.75-1.00 = 87.50 (PB), 1/3

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
3 Nathan CHEN (USA)

Music: Le Corsaire by Adolphe Adam

Black shirt, pants

4Lz+3T
4F - fall
FSSp
3A - foot down
CCSp
StSq
CCoSp

Wow, landed the 4Lz! Not perfect, but good start

That was a much more dynamic and musical performance from him than in the past. Zoueva is going to be good for him for that. Like you said, not perfect, but a good start.