2016 JGP Germany Mens FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Mens FS

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I turned the stream back on halfway through Cha. Apart from a pop, what I saw was nice....

(I also wanted to say that he was basically going to win unless he completely bombed, and then remembered I said that about Aliev last week... :slink:)

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Yay JHC.
He looked exhausted in the second half, and popped the quad but he did enough to win.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Geez, he's one heck of a competitor- much like Yuna in that aspect at least. She'd pop one jump, and nail all the other jumps. I agree with Ted- the connection to the music was better here.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Qualified to the 2016 Junior Grand Prix Final

1 Jun Hwan Cha - Korea
2 Alexander Samarin - Russia
3 Alexei Krasnozhon - Russian - American ?
4 Dmitri Aliev - Russia
5 Roman Savosin - Russia
6 Ilya Skirda - Russia

s_parks

Record Breaker
People are saying that the ice looks like it's melting or looks bad- can anyone who's there comment on this?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Qualified to the 2016 Junior Grand Prix Final

1 Jun Hwan Cha - Korea
2 Alexander Samarin - Russia
3 Alexei Krasnozhon - Russian - American ?
4 Dmitri Aliev - Russia
5 Roman Savosin - Russia
6 Ilya Skirda - Russia

The Russian men have done better than the ladies :biggrin: Maybe it's time for people to shut up about how weak the Russian men are. And don't forget the 2 very good guys who had to withdraw for injury.

sneakers

Match Penalty
The Russian men have done better than the ladies :biggrin: Maybe it's time for people to shut up about how weak the Russian men are.

I agree, 5 qualified russians, lol
to be fair; the russian men have been catching up in the juniors since Kovtun's junior seasons.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ I didn't realized that, it is almost a Russian sweep JGPF, if it is not for BB jun.:biggrin:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
^^ I didn't realized that, it is almost a Russian sweep JGPF, if it is not for BB jun.:biggrin:

Pairs is thisclose to being the same. It's highly likely to be 5 Russian pairs teams + Duskova/Bidar.

Russia might as well just cancel Junior Nationals, lol.

NaVi

Medalist
Russian men are doing good(which is kind of what I expected but not to this extend), but there are two skaters(Zhou and Sadovsky) with significantly higher combined scores than two of the Russian skaters(Skirda and Savosin).. and Zhou was also slightly ahead of two others going to the GPF(Aliev and Krasnozhon).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Men are just unpredictable. The Jr. World podium last year included one man who wasn't at JGPF.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Russian men are doing good(which is kind of what I expected but not to this extend), but there are two skaters(Zhou and Sadovsky) with significantly higher combined scores than two of the Russian skaters(Skirda and Savosin).. and Zhou was also slightly ahead of two others going to the GPF(Aliev and Krasnozhon).

I noticed that too. Zhou, Sadovksy, and even Kazuki Tomono as well all had higher total scores than Savosin and Skirda. They also all competed at the event in Japan, which had 6! skaters score over 200 points. Was everyone just really on at that event?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There were a lot of good performances in Japan, but also some very wacky scoring...just saying