2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs FS

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whew, I can tell Ekaterina and Harley are tired, and no wonder, after last weekend's JGP. Hopefully they can get a good rest after this.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not their best skate -- week-to-week comps make things tough -- but still a lot to like!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Current mood: in love with Katia and Harley's perfectly in sync 3T-2T-2T SBS jumps

I think they have ENORMOUS potential these two. I'm a fan. Tulosai is right about their lifts, but they've got that It factor.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Katia and Harley looking a bit like the two-comps-in-two-weeks-one-Junior-and-one-Senior is biting them a bit

YAY FOR THE CROWD DOING THE AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE CHANT

they're still awesome

For 5-6 months together, I think they've gelled pretty well and are doing amazing. I think timing will come with more...time. Yes they need to up their tech difficulty on the twist, but their SBS jumps are fairly solid or just as consistent as our other 'top' pairs and more difficult. They do 3Lo combo and a 3S. Not many pairs teams ever try the 3Lo - I think the Russians here - A/R attempted one the short. The throws need improvement, but they have two different triples to work with. Castelli/Tran are in their third season together and don't really have a 2nd throw triple mastered - yet. Agreed Ashley and Tim have beautiful artistry and I find myself watching him more - which is unusual in pairs - but that could also be because of my man crush - that beard!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow, that was not their best in a lot of ways. Honestly if I were them I'd consider scrapping the whole program, even pretending they'd done the elements perfectly it's a mess. Everything was so telegraphed and sloppy, I really hope they are both feeling okay.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is that the background music? It sounds like a program... :confused:

Edit: Wow, burn. Hongbo Zhao posted this in the YT chat: "I think in the usa there is no talented female in pairs category, that's the reason of the usa's failure in pairs."

Double edit: Apparently it's commercials, which is weird and annoying.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
WOW! That was not good! The only elements they did good on were the lifts. And they seemed to be skating through the music! In fact any music could have been playing and it wouldn't have mattered to them!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kayne and O'Shea.

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Well maybe it will get better over time.

What a waste of great music. I love Song of India.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am a fan of Kayne/O'Shea but that program leaves me puzzled. Not what I was expecting when I saw their costumes at all. And OUCH National champs second to a new team.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry Tarah and Danny but... I honestly thought they'd be farther behind Cain/LeDuc.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The greedy and exorbitant prices they charge for using their music.

When you say "they," it's either Yoko or Michael Jackson estate, I'm not sure which owns the copyrights now. I know Paul doesn't own them.

TMC

Record Breaker
Katia and Harley looking a bit like the two-comps-in-two-weeks-one-Junior-and-one-Senior is biting them a bit

YAY FOR THE CROWD DOING THE AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE CHANT

they're still awesome

Karne the audience ADORED them, they got the biggest cheers even just in the warmup. They've been the talk of the event so far. Everybody really wants to see them here again in March :yes: