2016 JGP Germany Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Pairs FS

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was just fantastic! These two capture the spirit of the music so incredibly, I just love watching them! Definitely my favorite junior pair this season so far!

sneakers

Match Penalty
good job Ossetian boy, they dont look kinda fake in kiss n cry this time...
maybe he will popularize skating in the caucasus and maybe many will not consider it as gayish now compared to judo, wrestling, boxing etc. :unsure:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So, apart from top 3 in here, who else qualified to JGPF?

EDIT: I see that Boikova/Kozlovski, Atakhanova/Spiridonov and Borisova/Sopot all have 22 points and all have qualified to JGPF. So this time only Czechs breaks Russian domination.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Boikova / Kozlovskii knock out Aleksandrovskaya / Windsor

its 5 russians and 1 cezch team

It's a shame Australians placed only 8th in their first event, but that's life I guess.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
good job Ossetian boy, they dont look kinda fake in kiss n cry this time...
maybe he will popularize skating in the caucasus and maybe many will not consider it as gayish now compared to judo, wrestling, boxing etc. :unsure:
What the nonsense are you talking about? Ossetians like Georgians, Russians, Greeks, Armenians profess the Orthodox religion. Sports like "judo, wrestling, boxing" - it's Chechens, Dagestani, Azerbaijanians who profess Islam. So, Mirzoev like another Ossetians not one of them. Stop saying this nonsense and mention his nation every time.

sneakers

Match Penalty
What the nonsense are you talking about? Ossetians like Georgians, Russians, Greeks, Armenians profess the Orthodox religion. Sports like "judo, wrestling, boxing" - it's Chechens, Dagestani, Azerbaijanians who profess Islam. So, Mirzoev like another Ossetians not one of them. Stop saying this nonsense and mention his nation every time.

sorry, I thought sports like that was popular over there like all from the south of russia.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So let's see:

1) Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV 30 points
2) Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR 28 points
3) Alina USTIMKINA / Nikita VOLODIN 24 points
4) Amina ATAKHANOVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV 22 points
5) Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII 22 points
6) Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT 22 points

Anastasia, Anna, Alina, Amina, Aleksandra... 5A girls :laugh:

sneakers

Match Penalty
So let's see:

1) Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV 30 points
2) Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR 28 points
3) Alina USTIMKINA / Nikita VOLODIN 24 points
4) Amina ATAKHANOVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV 22 points
5) Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII 22 points
6) Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT 22 points

Anastasia, Anna, Alina, Amina, Aleksandra... 5A girls :laugh:

no, all 6 ends with A !!!!, typical slavic girl ending name suffixes.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A pretty decent pairs free skate.

Very impressive from M/M to get their second victory of the JGP. He is a very good performer. Apart from the messy landing on the 3 jump combo everything was clean. I expected a slightly higher score but from looking at the protocols they had a L3 DS and were dinged on the PCOSp. D/B are not quite at their best but when they are this programme will score big, there is real finish and polish to the way they skate.

U/V had another strong skate but some errors held them back to give them 4th in the free but 3rd overall. I like the fact that both their programmes are very different style. Short is strong and powerful with a nice lyrical long. I thought they might have struggled to qualify for the JGPF with the draw but I didn't have to worry. B/K have made a very good debut on the JGP. For a couple who are together a short time they have made huge progress, they have a lot of potential. I like their short but I think they are lost in the free programme music.

I'm looking forward to the JGPF. 5 Russian teams against the Czechs. The top 3 for me would be M/M, A/S and D/B, I wouldn't write off the Czechs from winning it though. Whoever wins I hope everyone skates well.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
I'm just happy Boikova/ Kozlovskii made it. Yay for their first time! :yes2:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wonder how they will approach this. Asking them to do Four Continents, Junior Worlds and Worlds is a big ask.

I don't know any Pairs team doing that, but Deniss Vassiljevs last season has done: Europeans, Youth Olympics, Junior Worlds and Senior Worlds, so it's doable :) Of course, as long as both of them are perfectly healthy, I guess senior experience wouldn't hurt. Elizabet Tursynbaeva has also done 4CC (or last season YOG), Junior Worlds, Senior Worlds schedule and she's quite fine. Does Katia have any chances to get citizenship before Olympics? I know Anna/Duskova/Martin Bidar are doing Europeans this season to get experience before Olympic season.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does Katia have any chances to get citizenship before Olympics?

This is something that has been worrying me.

I don't know how much of it is true, and how much of it is the media exaggerating. But for years we have been hearing stories about how strict the Australian immigration system is.

Before I say it, can I make clear that this is not a criticism of Katia. After all, she is still a young girl.

But, the fact that her English is not very good yet does concern me. I am worried that the immigration people could hold it against her.

I hope not. English is supposed to be a very difficult language for foreigners to learn, because it borrows from so many other languages. And, it is generally accepted that it takes teenagers longer to pick up languages than it does younger children.

My concerns may be totally unfounded. But, I still worry that it could be an issue.

CaroLiza_fan