Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team

hugo

On the Ice
puremagic, Daria (Dasha) Panenkova is as slow as she is "Dunya" according to you...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
puremagic, Daria (Dasha) Panenkova is as slow as she is "Dunya" according to you...
Yep, she is slow. Slower than Pervushkina and other girls. And also her PCS very high even for domestic competition. So here is very dangerous situation can be - if she will be third at Junior RusNats with same score 129. At worlds she will get somewhere around 115-118 with clean skate. So for russia better to hope that Nugumanova or Zagitova will clean skate instead Dunya.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Yep, she is slow. Slower than Pervushkina and other girls. And also her PCS very high even for domestic competition. So here is very dangerous situation can be - if she will be third at Junior RusNats with same score 129. At worlds she will get somewhere around 115-118 with clean skate. So for russia better to hope that Nugumanova or Zagitova will clean skate instead Dunya.

there is no way Panenkova is getting 129 in an international event event, anyways a good skate Nugu, Zagitova, Kurakova even Alisa can score higher. Top 10 is the ceiling for her at junior nationals , but not a top 3 !!!!

Tsurskaya
Gubanova
Nugumanova
Zagitova
Trusova
Scherbakova
Fedichkina
Kurakova
Tarusina * ?
Samodurova

did I miss anyone else who will beat Panenkova ??

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
Everyone can beat Pervushkina...
Panenkova though it's hard to say. I wouldn't have a problem to have her PCS all in the 5s, but that's not really a lot of difference in points. I say she will place no lower than fifth, behind Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Zagitova and Nugumanova.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Everyone can beat Pervushkina...
Panenkova though it's hard to say. I wouldn't have a problem to have her PCS all in the 5s, but that's not really a lot of difference in points. I say she will place no lower than fifth, behind Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Zagitova and Nugumanova.

sorry, I meant Panenkova. I have edit it now, she is so alike with Pervushkina.
anyways, those ten names mentioned can beat Panenkova.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
there is no way Panenkova is getting 129 in an international event event, anyways a good skate Nugu, Zagitova, Kurakova even Alisa can score higher. Top 10 is the ceiling for her at junior nationals , but not a top 3 !!!!
Nope. Dunya do so many rippons and tanos, and almost all her jumps rottated and look solid. Alisa, Liza, Alina and Katya have not good jumps, they very often get UR. What about PCS - yes, they are all better than Dunya. But I am afraid that Dunya will get the same PCS (as at this Cup) at JunRuNats. So with this horrible free skate she can take 3rd place. Especially if all these girls will get URs.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Nope. Dunya do so many rippons and tanos, and almost all her jumps rottated and look solid. Alisa, Liza, Alina and Katya have not good jumps, they very often get UR. What about PCS - yes, they are all better than Dunya. But I am afraid that Dunya will get the same PCS (as at this Cup) at JunRuNats. So with this horrible free skate she can take 3rd place. Especially if all these girls will get URs.

lol, no way. She wont get anywhere near a 121 in an international competition, nowhere near the same PCS of Alina, Liza. Lozko has alot of URs problems but we saw Nugumanova fixed most of her UR in her second JGP event and scored a 126+ in FS. I don't understand the hype of Panenkova, the mentioned names if all skate clean will put Pannekova in Top 10 only, nowhere near the Top 3.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
potential junior max scores in FS

Tsurskaya - 130+
Gubanova - 130 +
Nugumanova - 128-130
Zagitova 130+
Trusova 125 +
Scherbakova 128+
Fedichkina 125+
Kurakova 126+
Tarusina * - ???
Samodurova - 123+

how can Panenkova get a medal ?, when her competitors can score high !!!

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
lol, no way. She wont get anywhere near a 121 in an international competition, nowhere near the same PCS of Alina, Liza. Lozko has alot of URs problems but we saw Nugumanova fixed most of her UR in her second JGP evnet and scored a 126+ in FS. I don't understand the hype of Panenkova, the mentioned names if all skate clean will put Pannekova in Top 10 only, nowhere near the Top 3.
Are you reading through the wall? I wrote:

and

But I am afraid that Dunya will get the same PCS (as at this Cup) at JunRuNats.

Go to an oculist or break the wall. And stop writing nonsense everywhere.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So with clean skate:
1) Gubanova/Tsurskaya
2) Tsurskaya/Gubanova
3) Panenkova/Zagitova/Nugumanova/Fedichkina

As I said before - it will be tense fight for 3rd place.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I still don't think she will get that outrageous score of 129 in the russian cup at junior nationals, the scores will be more realistic of the skaters abilities. suppsoe she skates clean she will get somewhere of 120-124, very beatable score even for Kurakova, Tarusina, Trusova, Scherbakova, Fedichkina, Samodurova.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I still don't think she will get that outrageous score of 129 in the russian cup at junior nationals, the scores will be more realistic of the skaters abilities. suppsoe she skates clean she will get somewhere of 120-124, very beatable score even for Kurakova, Tarusina, Trusova, Scherbakova, Fedichkina, Samodurova.
Hope so.

mish

Match Penalty
Shcherbakova has the brightest future imho, because she's thin as a stick, has a decent technique, good skating skills and superb musicality and presentation.

The Finn

Record Breaker
About Russian Junior Championships qualification.

Already qualified based on JGP assignment(s).

Ladies. Ladies have 18 spots total.
Anastasiia Gubanova
Polina Tsurskaya
Alina Zagitova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Alisa Lozko
Sofia Samodurova
Alisa Fedichkina

Men. Men have 18 spots total.
Alexander Samarin
Roman Savosin
Ilia Skirda
Dmitri Aliev
Petr Gumennik
Alexey Erokhov. He is injured at the moment and he might not be able to skate at the Championships.
Artem Kovalev

Pairs. Pairs have 12 spots total.
Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot
Anastasia Poluianova / Maksim Selkin
Kseniia Akhanteva / Valerii Kolesov

Ice dance. Ice dance teams have 15 spots total.
Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov
Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin
Sofia Polishchuk / Alexander Vakhnov
Arina Ushakova / Maxim Nekrasov
Sofia Shevchenko / Igor Eremenko
Evgeniia Lopareva / Alexey Karpushov
Polina Ivanenko / Daniil Karpov
Eva Kuts / Dmitrii Mikhailov

Qualification standings after 3 events. Those who are already qualified are excluded here.

Ladies.
Anna Shcherbakova: She has won both of her Russian Cup events. She has already qualified naturally.
Daria Panenkova: 1st
Ekaterina Kurakova: 2nd and 2nd
Viktoria Vasilieva: 2nd and 4th
Anastasia Gulyakova: 3rd
Alexandra Trusova: 3rd
Alena Kostornaya: 3rd and 7th
Anastasia Tarakanova: 4th
Ekaterina Mitrofanova: 6th and 5th
Elena Pavlova: 5th
Varvara Dyukar: 5th and 8th
Ksenia Pankova: 6th
Lidia Yakovleva: 8th and 6th
Daria Zainchukovskaya: 7th
Ekaterina Ryabova: 7th
Sofia Moroz: 8th and 9th

There are 10 spots available. Shcherbakova, Panenkova, Kurakova, Vasilieva, Gulyakova and Trusova will take 6 spots. The ones who will claim the remaining 4 spots are more difficult to say.

Men.
Egor Rukhin: 1st an 2nd
Artur Danielyan: 3rd and 1st
Evgeni Semenenko: 1st
Egor Murashov: 2nd and 3rd
Mark Kondratyuk: 2nd
Artem Frolov: 3rd
Andrei Sachkov: 4th and 5th
Dmitry Evgeniev: 6th and 4th
Makar Ignatov: 4th
Andrei Kutovoy: 5th
Ilia Yablokov: 5th and 7th
Igor Efimchuk: 6th

There are 11 spots available. Obviously Rukhin, Danielyan and Semenenko will make it. Most likely Murashov, Kondratyuk and Frolov too.

Pairs.
Nika Osipova / Alexander Gallyamov: They have placed 1st and 3rd. They will qualify obviously.
Albina Sokur / Roman Pleshkov: 2nd
Maria Chuzhanova / Denis Mintsev: 2nd and 5th
Daria Kvartalova / Alex Sviatchenko: 3rd
Anastasia Melnikova / Alexander Simenenko: 3rd and 6th
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov: 4th
Valeria Makarova / Dmitry Shulgin: 6th
Alexandra Koshevaya / Ivan Mitlin: 6th

There are only 5 spots available. I really think Russian Fed should allow 15 pairs to compete here because now it looks like one good pair doesn't make it because of the limitation of 12 pairs. Osipova/Gallyamov will obviously make it and most likely so will Sokur/Pleshkov and Kvartalova/Sviatchenko. Who will claim the final two spots are more difficult to say but hopefully one of them is Zhuk/Britkov.

Ice dance.
Ksenia Konkina / Grigory Yakushev: They have placed 1st and 2nd. They will qualify obviously.
Yana Buga / Georgiy Pokhilyuk: 1st and 2nd. They will qualify obviously.
Daria Rumyantseva / Dmitry Ryabchenko: 2nd and 3rd
Angelina Lazareva / Maxim Prokofiev: 3rd and 4th
Anastasia Ilianova / Dmitry Bovin: 5th and 3rd
Ekaterina Andreeva / Ivan Desyatov: 5th
Elizaveta Shanaeva / David Narizhny: 4th and 6th

There are 6 spots available, although two of them have been claimed already by Konkina/Yakushev and Buga/Pokhilyuk. Rumyantseva/Ryabchenko will most likely make it also.

Note: Skaters and teams can take part more than 2 events, so, those who have low placements now might still make it to the Championships if they do well at the remaining events.

sneakers

Match Penalty
There are 10 spots available. Shcherbakova, Panenkova, Kurakova, Vasilieva, Gulyakova and Trusova will take 6 spots. The ones who will claim the remaining 4 spots are more difficult to say.
wow, only 4 points available, and those who qualified so far all all high calibre, junior nationals will be insane.

carpex

Match Penalty
World team will be Gubanova, Tsurskaya and (hopefully) Konstantinova. Stasya's skating has its deficienses, but I think she's a bit faster and artistic than Zagi.