Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I hope for: Tsurskaya, Zagitova, Gubanova.

Eteri's students are the strongest: Polina has the biggest jumps while Zagitova has the most difficult programs, Gubanova third since she is the most artistic and she did well this season at GP.

Konstantinova, Nugumanova, Fedichkina are great too but more inconsistent, while Samodurova needs a stronger PB.

Anna Scherbakova will be an interesting surprise.

voolfee

On the Ice
World team will be Gubanova, Tsurskaya and (hopefully) Konstantinova. Stasya's skating has its deficienses, but I think she's a bit faster and artistic than Zagi.
Konstantinova? Really? I think for her it will be difficult to be even in the top ten at Junior Nationals.

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Im hoping for Gubanova and Fedichkina to make it since I'll be watching..(fingers crossed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lavoix

Match Penalty
I hope Tsurskaya makes it to worlds and finally wins it!

Fedichkina is my personal favourite but needs to changes coaches ASAP!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Konstantinova? Really? I think for her it will be difficult to be even in the top ten at Junior Nationals.

She was 2nd alternate for JGPF this season ( 5th Russian :biggrin: ). I would not cross Konstantinova off. I like her skating more than for example Zagitova, Fedichkina or Nugumanova but chances of beating them is small, but she's my personal favourite so :laugh:

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Wondering how far the Russan Nats result is going to go in terms of swinging the choices for the JW team?
Zagitova seems to be a lock and might even beat Polina if the latter is still not yet on top form at Jr Nats.
While am hoping that Polina T can come back in time, having a JW team comprising Zagitova + Gubanova + Samodurova also is very appealing to me.
Stasya did great at Nats but it looks like she's been posting better results at her senior events this season than her junior ones, so am thinking senior B's & focusing on getting a 190+ SB could be a better focus than JW (goal: 2 GP events next year)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Surprisingly Petrov will skate at the junior championships. I have nothing against Petrov but I am kind of hoping that Erokhov or Savosin would be the 3rd skater who will make it to the junior Worlds.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder if Samarin will skip the Junior Worlds if he will make it to the senior Worlds? There is a 10 days break between these events which means that one could skate both events but it doesn't mean one should try to do both events. So, if Samarin will beat Kovtun at Euros then there is a possibility that who ever will be at 4th at the junior nationals can go to Junior Worlds after all. I think there is also a possibility that Samarin will not even skate at the Junior Nationals if he beats Kovtun at the Europeans.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Thanks for info. So:

Men:

Lord Samarin, Dmitry Aliev, Alexander Petrov.

Ladies:

Alina Zagitova, Stanislava Konstantinova, Polina Tsurskaya.

Pairs:

Alexander Boikova - Dmitry Kozlovsky, Amina Atakhanova - Ilya Spiridonov, Alina Ustimkina - Nikita Volodin.
(In pairs, Aussies have a good chance to win JW title, first in their history.)

Ice Dance:

Anastasia Shpilevaya - Grigory Smirnov, Alla Loboda - Pavel Drozd, Anastasia Skoptsova - Cyril Aleshin.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Yes, there is and not all of the Russian TOP skaters has minimum TES yet. However, there is still time and they can get TES after the Russian junior championships. For example Dragon Trophy or Bavarian Open would be a good event to get the minimum TES for Junior Worlds.

Some of the skaters who don't have the minimum TES yet

Ladies
Daria Panenkova
Anastasia Gulyakova

Men
Alexander Petrov

Pairs
Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin

Ice dance
Yana Buga / Georgiy Pokhilyuk

Hopefully this will not become a problem since there is still time to get those TES points. In any case Petrov who has been selected for Junior Worlds doesn't have minimum TES. Neither has Panenkova who would be 1st substitute or Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin who also would be 1st substitute or Ignatov who would be 2nd substitute.