Skate America 2016 - Videos & Results | Golden Skate

Skate America 2016 - Videos & Results

Mao88

Record Breaker
As usual I will be endeavouring as far as possible to post the videos & results back to back in this thread. Hence, please don't duplicate by also posting the results, even if I have not yet got round to it at that precise moment. It will get done. As this thread is designed to enable members to find the videos & results easily and quickly, please don't clutter it with items unnecessarily that would be better off going in the individual program thread. Nevertheless, if you have located a video link that adds something to the video & results list that is being compiled, then please post it (e.g. a Dailymotion video that has sound, where the equivalent youtube video has had the sound muted. A video with different commentary to those already listed. A video of superior quality to that listed). I can then edit the video & results list and add it, and ultimately we will hopefully end up with the best possible list. I mention this simply to avoid the same problems that occurred last season, where the videos & results threads were becoming over cluttered, full of duplication, and members were finding it difficult to locate what they were looking for (which defeats the whole purpose of having a video & results thread in the first place)

Also, please do not post links that point to your own blog or somebody else's blog. Instead, please post the direct link to the video on Youtube, Dailymotion, or whatever video site it is.

Thanks

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Mao88,

Here are my two cents :

I personally rely on you :) as I do not watch all the skaters for lack of actual time. I prefer seeing the videos and results with mutliple link (with various commentary as you post them) as I can pick the 5-6 skaters I will watch for each event, and of course, I want to see the top 3. I think both threads can coexist? One that has results and videos clearly labeled, and one without spoilers for those who prefer reliving the events as they happened?

I sincerely hope you will not give up on sharing your work with us. And of course, I hope that others who may want to reuse it will credit you for it.

Many thanks.

MeltedIce

On the Ice
Mao88, I really appreciate your efforts posting the videos and the scores. It's really great when you want to go back to a competition and see the top skaters or how you favourite skater did over the season.
Sometimes I can't see the live video because of work or time zone and being able to watch it for the first time without spoilers in competition order is also something I thank a lot. I do not think Pamigena meant any disrespect to you or your efforts, since she gave you full credit for the videos. I myself was going to come here and thank you, after watching the videos, since I didn't want to know the results beforehand.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work and hope you still share it with us :sad4:

tzazu

Medalist
Mao88,

Here are my two cents :

I personally rely on you :) as I do not watch all the skaters for lack of actual time. I prefer seeing the videos and results with mutliple link (with various commentary as you post them) as I can pick the 5-6 skaters I will watch for each event, and of course, I want to see the top 3. I think both threads can coexist? One that has results and videos clearly labeled, and one without spoilers for those who prefer reliving the events as they happened?

I sincerely hope you will not give up on sharing your work with us. And of course, I hope that others who may want to reuse it will credit you for it.

Many thanks.

Mao88, I really appreciate your efforts posting the videos and the scores. It's really great when you want to go back to a competition and see the top skaters or how you favourite skater did over the season.
Sometimes I can't see the live video because of work or time zone and being able to watch it for the first time without spoilers in competition order is also something I thank a lot. I do not think Pamigena meant any disrespect to you or your efforts, since she gave you full credit for the videos. I myself was going to come here and thank you, after watching the videos, since I didn't want to know the results beforehand.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work and hope you still share it with us :sad4:

I totally agree with both of you, and given that your English is much better than mine and I can't express my opinion so well, I repost them :slink:

Please, Mao88, hope and wish you follow sharing with us your videos :ghug:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Mao88, first I wish to let you know that I am so grateful to you for your brilliant efforts in compiling all of the videos as a valuable resource. All of us NEED your thread for today and for the future, it's an indispensible resource.

Count me in too, as one of those who applaud and are grateful for Mao88's efforts but can't stay up all night to watch and appreciate the opportunity to watch without knowing the results, knowing that it's Mao88 who made the gargantuan efforts to compile the videos in the first place, and another fellow poster doing the secondary favour for us to arrange them in competition order so we can watch it with fresh eyes and making our own judgment before knowing the conclusion.

However, as a record, I always refer to Mao88's threads to rewatch and refresh my memory about the skating performances. So Mao88, my heartfelt thanks and please reconsider your decision. Your efforts are crucial to the compilation of the skaters' achievements, think about your faithful work as a special dedication for all these beautiful, wonderful skaters, not just to us fans, please don't see this as a conflict of interest but Pamigena doing a separate effort for those of us who missed the entire event and want to watch it with the same anticipation without knowing the ending.

After the event is over, I always refer back to your thread as an important resource, not the videos in competition thread, as I no longer need to watch in competition order.

Please reconsider, truly, and thank you again with heartfelt gratitude.

MalAssada

Medalist
Whatever you decide, thank you for all the time and effort you have put to make threads like this great.

noskates

Record Breaker
Okay - majorly disappointed that this thread will not continue. Many of us rely on you Mao and totally appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Please continue.

Thesupremediva1

Spectator
Mao88, I rely on this thread for every major competition of the season. I cannot imagine the effort you put into making this so efficient and organized, and I am so sorry it took your shutting it down for me to sign in and say a proper thanks for all your hard work. Whether you continue or not, you've done a great service for all of us.

I also want to say that I understand why you feel hijacked and disrespected, but I don't think that was the intention of the poster who started the other thread. This person probably thought it best to stay out of your thread and perform a similar service for others who requested a non-spoiler set of videos. None of us here would do that to you. I'm just sorry the appreciation has been unspoken for so long. You are a queen, just like the other Mao we love so much!

Carshalton

Rinkside
Mao88, say it ain't so! Please take pity on us poor souls who rely on you and worship you from afar for all your efforts.

If at any time you've been unaware of how appreciative we are, please know it now. 💐

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Mao88 I've thanked you many times.

Mao88, say it ain't so! Please take pity on us poor souls who rely on you and worship you from afar for all your efforts.

If at any time you've been unaware of how appreciative we are, please know it now. 💐

I really rely on you. Please don't get mad at them. Think of us who would never see a fraction of skating. I understand why unr annoyed. But thank you so much.

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
Thanks for your time and effort over the years Mao88 :clap:

Totally understand why you wouldn't want to continue after this, your beautiful posts will live on in my skating dreams forever :love:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I spoke up for Mao88 on other thread and came here to do some pleading myself. But reading all the expert pleading I can't help LOL and thinking it's like an early memorial event so a person who has long been taken for granted can hear all the nice things people were too complacent to tell her before. I hope Mao88 will be moved by the sincere expressions of gratitude and appreciation and bestow her diligent favors on us again, maybe with some help and collaboration from somebody else. It was so organized and easy to enjoy. Thank you, Mao88.