2016 Skate America Videos- no spoilers | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Videos- no spoilers

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you to all!:yay: Just watched men's sp (thanks ice coverage:)) and really enjoyed it, so nice not to have to worry about dodging the inevitable spoilers!

Spiral

Final Flight
I wonder why there are so fewer options than last year? And who are these guys on B ESPN? They talk non-stop - it's impossible to watch. They couldn't be the same guys as British Eurosport who used to be so reasonable, for the most part, could they?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I wonder why there are so fewer options than last year? ....

I don't know what you mean by "so fewer options"??

If you are saying that you want an exhaustive list of additional copies of programs, then by all means, please channel your inner Mao88 :bow: and take the time and effort to conduct your own searches (again, not brain surgery) and to copy and paste all your additional links into this thread. :popcorn:

For example, I have no doubt that YouTube has other copies of Men's SPs beyond those that were in my post. I offered what I called a quickie list -- nothing more and nothing less. If you would like to supplement the list, please feel free to do so.

My turn to chip in!

2016 Skate America Short Dance ...

Thank you, penguin :bow:.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
I don't know what you mean by "so fewer options"??

If you are saying that you want an exhaustive list of additional copies of programs, then by all means, please channel your inner Mao88 :bow: and take the time and effort to conduct your own searches (again, not brain surgery) and to copy and paste all your additional links into this thread. :popcorn:

For example, I have no doubt that YouTube has other copies of Men's SPs beyond those that were in my post. I offered what I called a quickie list -- nothing more and nothing less. If you would like to supplement the list, please feel free to do so.

I meant that there are fewer options on the Internet, not in the posts in this thread. Of course, I conducted the searches - and found fewer options than usual. For example, for Brown's SP which you mention I found only the B Espn and the Russian versions, and they both talk too much. I didn't mean to criticize anybody, and I certainly didn't expect anybody to do the searching for me and make extensive lists like Mao used to. I merely wondered if anybody knew why there are fewer options on the Inernet than there used to. It seemed to me so matter of course that it didn't even occur to me to specify that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I meant that there are fewer options on the Internet, not in the posts in this thread.

That's because I'm at SkAM and I'm not uploading anything until Monday... ;)

I noticed the same though when I looked last night, not many choices in videos uploaded on YouTube, and the view count wasn't what I expected for the first major event of the season...

Shani

On the Ice
It depends where you are when you link. I moved countries and geoblocking is on host countries tv rights etc ISU would do better by a global online subscription to internet products but the sport would be better for a free isu live streaming channel.

Spiral

Final Flight

Thank you very much for doing this! Wishing you a great time at SA!

I noticed the same though when I looked last night, not many choices in videos uploaded on YouTube, and the view count wasn't what I expected for the first major event of the season...

Yes, that surprised me too.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I meant that there are fewer options on the Internet, not in the posts in this thread. Of course, I conducted the searches - and found fewer options than usual. For example, for Brown's SP which you mention I found only the B Espn and the Russian versions, and they both talk too much. I didn't mean to criticize anybody, and I certainly didn't expect anybody to do the searching for me and make extensive lists like Mao used to. I merely wondered if anybody knew why there are fewer options on the Inernet than there used to. It seemed to me so matter of course that it didn't even occur to me to specify that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

My apologies for misunderstanding, and thx for clarifying, Spiral.

FWIW, I took another quick look at YouTube and found two more version of Jason's SP (which I will add to my list above).

(I don't have an informed opinion about a general trend re the number of options on the Internet.)

Hope you're having a great time, sabinfire.

Look forward to your uploading whenever are back home and have a chance :popcorn:. Thanks as always.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Hope you're having a great time, sabinfire.

Look forward to your uploading whenever are back home and have a chance :popcorn:. Thanks as always.

I'm excited to see my uploads too ;) -- I haven't had much time to sit down and watch skating outside of the arena yet.

Thank you, I'm having a ton of fun, and so are most of the people attending (near as I can tell)... I'm surprised that SkAm this year has been poorly received by many folks via the internet... having way more fun than I did last time.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Quickie list of Pairs FS videos
Awesome, thank you! I got a one-month subscription to the Eurosport ISU livestream just so I could watch the livestreams of the events that are not aired live on Eurosport 2 (i.e. the ones during the dead of night in the EU), but have been downed by a super-duper migraine since Friday (perfect timing, lol), so there was just No Way this was gonna be live viewing for me. But this is the next best thing. And I'm not at all familiar with IceNetwork commentary, so that'll be fun for a change.

LeReveur

On the Ice
Haven't gotten through all the videos from Saturday yet, but big thanks to everyone!! :thumbsup:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
At the best of times, my internet connection still sucks big time :palmf: and last night we've watched the competitions on two computers via VPN, so I was just busy praying that the streams don't die on me. Sorry I wasn't able to chip in, but it's great that people came through and that there are now spoiler-free video lists after all :)

Since there's apparently a wish for this kind of video thread for future competitions – would it be of interest to somehow get this a bit organized? Stepping on toes isn't actually on my daily schedule, so I'm not going to be presumptuous and just start a new thread for Skate Canada on the assumption that you'd all play along.

By no means am I trying to take anything over and, if possible, I'd love if we could keep this a group effort :) I had just thought about things like putting a "master list" in the first post that links directly to the individual posts where lists are compiled, or asking people to make it known ahead of time if they would want to volunteer to take care of a certain segment.

Unless you think that all this isn't necessary and we should just wing it :p

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have moved all the event video posts to be in one place, directly after the first post. I hope this helps people to find the videos more easily.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have moved all the event video posts to be in one place, directly after the first post. I hope this helps people to find the videos more easily.

... it's great that people came through and that there are now spoiler-free video lists after all :)

... By no means am I trying to take anything over and, if possible, I'd love if we could keep this a group effort :) I had just thought about things like putting a "master list" in the first post that links directly to the individual posts where lists are compiled, or asking people to make it known ahead of time if they would want to volunteer to take care of a certain segment.

Unless you think that all this isn't necessary and we should just wing it :p

Many thanks to Doris :bow: for moving the video lists to the top of the thread.
(ETA: And for fleshing out the thread title.)​

In response to Pamigena, I support your desire for a group effort :ghug: to go forward :agree:, one way or the other.

Last edited: