Practice reports? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice reports?

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Errr. What on earth is that music?!

It was a mix that they created as a throwback to the hip hop tradition of sampling older music. They chose Jay-Z and Sinatra because Sinatra is a major influence of Jay's and he references him in his music.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
It was a mix that they created as a throwback to the hip hop tradition of sampling older music. They chose Jay-Z and Sinatra because Sinatra is a major influence of Jay's and he references him in his music.

Aha, I see, thank you! Well ... while I understand the reasoning, I admit that doesn't work for me. At all. But personal preferences. Thanks again.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Well i have expected the music cuts to be weird and abrupt and crazy once I knew the themes this season are Blues + Swing/hip hop

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Gabby Daleman looks great! Only one in group 1 to really make an impression on me. Super fast, good flow, good jumps, nice spiral and Ina Bauer. Good presentation! Cat suit black with jewels - looks fab. Could challenge for podium.

TMC

Record Breaker
There it is - my favourite SD this season. Thank you Shibs! (Sorry Min/Gamelin, you're still very close to the top!)

Elaine666

Final Flight
Gabby Daleman looks great! Only one in group 1 to really make an impression on me. Super fast, good flow, good jumps, nice spiral and Ina Bauer. Good presentation! Cat suit black with jewels - looks fab. Could challenge for podium.

Nice to hear that!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Tnx everyone for the reports Too bad nothing on IZ

mrrice

Record Breaker
When do the ladies practice? Aren't Gracie and Mariah both at this event? Who else was on the ice with Gabby?

Mattieu

Medalist
Not sure, you need to look on the ISU website and the communication on the decisions of the ISU council in September.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Mariah looks great in 6 minute. Raf and Rohene at boards for her. Raf also for Ashley. Mao no jumps and not full program. Good footwork. Mihara FS clean with all jumps I think but a bit low energy. Kanako FS stopp d / left a bit out otherwise clean. Tosca cuts weird and acting doesn't tell story - she kills self at end, never know. Maybe in competition. Mariah roxy fall on 3T of combo fall out of 3F (?) 2A good. Not quite full energy but looks good. Very fast. Gracie FS pop first jump, fall on next, then good until fall in puddle - took awhile to get up. Nice spirals good footwork. Ashley clean and will probably win.

So overall, the three skaters who really grabbed me personally were Gabby Daleman, Mariah, and Gracie. They all have a really strong presence on ice. Gabby very solid and clean. Mariah and Gracie not but still held my attention. If Mariah can land jumps could be in top 5 - mayb even medal.

Not staying for pairs practice so that's all from me today.

TMC

Record Breaker
For some reason I find it hard to imagine Raf and Ro working together...:slink: