2016 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Ladies SP

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Did anyone notice that the Tech team for both singles events is:

TC: Julia ANDREEVA RUS
TS, ATS: Masako KAWAI JPN, Fernand FEDRONIC FRA

Ashley had better rotate her jumps, because she won't be getting any slack---same for Mao, Jason Brown and Adam Rippon.

ashley and Mao should be super careful ...

Tutto

Record Breaker
Oh, is it that time of the year again? Figure Skating Grand Prix season? YAY!

Thank God it is! :clap:
To pass the time in the off season I got hooked on the Air Crash Investigation series on National Geo and frankly I've just had more than I can take... besides I think there is no more episodes left haha not that I need any further convincing not to travel by air ever again :laugh:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

Ashley had better rotate her jumps, because she won't be getting any slack---same for Mao, Jason Brown and Adam Rippon.

Lol, who is going to have slack in ladies? Sima? Kuchvalska? Or as usual Gracie will have inflated scores no matter what?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Lol, who is going to have slack in ladies? Sima? Kuchvalska? Or as usual Gracie will have inflated scores no matter what?

I'm pretty sure the point was that these skaters have URs more likely than others. It wasn't a dig at Russian skaters if that was your meaning?

Last edited:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
My predictions in SP:
1. Ashley WAGNER
2.Gracie GOLD
3. Mao ASADA
4. Mariah BELL
5. Gabrielle DALEMAN
6. So Youn PARK
7. Angelina KUCHVALSKA
8. Roberta RODEGHIERO
9. Kanako MURAKAMI
10. Mai MIHARA
11. Serafima SAKHANOVICH

Predictions in FS:
1. Gracie GOLD
2. Mao ASADA
3. Ashley WAGNER
4. Mariah BELL
5. So Youn PARK
6. Gabrielle DALEMAN
7. Mai MIHARA
8. Kanako MURAKAMI
9. Angelina KUCHVALSKA
10. Roberta RODEGHIERO
11. Serafima SAKHANOVICH

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure the point was that these skaters have URs more likely than others. It wasn't a dig at Russian skaters if that was your meaning?

You are not new to this board so that you should know about the member with the theory that judges and tech controllers from Russia, Eastern Europe, and just with slavic names like "Kovalski" tend to be very biased towards the Russians and Eastern Europeans. I personally find this theory ridiculous: there is obvious country bias so that the Russians give slack to the Russians and the Americans to the Americans but block voting is way back in the past. That's why I said lol.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This same tech team is for MEN and LADIES.

The only one who could possibly benefit is KOVTUN, who falls on his sometimes < quads. HE might get the benefit of the doubt but I don't see anyone else getting it.

BTW, the tech team doesn't give out PCS scores---that's the judges, and we won't know who they are until just before the start of the event. And Kovtun (the good Lord only knows why) often gets wildly inflated PCS scores. To me, he is just a geeky-looking guy with bad posture and worse choreography.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
This same tech team is for MEN and LADIES.

The only one who could possibly benefit is KOVTUN, who falls on his sometimes < quads. HE might get the benefit of the doubt but I don't see anyone else getting it.

BTW, the tech team doesn't give out PCS scores---that's the judges, and we won't know who they are until just before the start of the event. And Kovtun (the good Lord only knows why) often gets wildly inflated PCS scores. To me, he is just a geeky-looking guy with bad posture and worse choreography.

I tend to disagree. Kovtun is entertaining. He is not such a performer as Jason and not such a great skater as Chan or Hanyu. But his pcs are always way lower than theirs. To what extent they should be lower is a matter of taste. I think they are properly lower in general. If Kovtuns lands all his 5 quads he deserves to have a monster score - much higher than Jason if the latter lands none. For one thing Kovtun is a better skater than Boyan. If he falls and/or pops he will have the score he usually has: 215-230. So why is Ms. Andreeva that important?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Robbery is such a favorite and fervid subject that people are now debating who will be robbed instead of waiting to discuss who wuz robbed.

Daniel1998

Final Flight

I'm confused, is this panel notoriously difficult, or are we just commenting on their countries?

sarama

Medalist
This event will be very exciting to watch, considering it's still early in the season and a lot of this girls have great scoring potential but most of them are not exactly consistent. For the girls I fear it will be super nerve-racking: Few mistakes could cost many placements

desertskates

Medalist
I'm really excited to see Gabby Daleman's short again (love her music!) and Ashley's Sweet Dreams. On a side note, this is at 5pm for me---the perfect way to kick off is definitely skating and some junk food! :yahoo:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm really excited to see Gabby Daleman's short again (love her music!) and Ashley's Sweet Dreams. On a side note, this is at 5pm for me---the perfect way to kick off is definitely skating and some junk food! :yahoo:
:yes: can't wait! :yahoo:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Thank God it is! :clap:
To pass the time in the off season I got hooked on the Air Crash Investigation series on National Geo and frankly I've just had more than I can take... besides I think there is no more episodes left haha not that I need any further convincing not to travel by air ever again :laugh:

Oh man, I love that series. It actually got me over my flying jitters. Did a new season come out?

Biellmann

Match Penalty
:eek:topic:

Just checked the stream and it's F1 practise right now- what a nice surprise, i totally forgot about it :laugh: