2016 Skate America Pairs FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs FS

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Charlianne? Or portmanteau their surnames? (Seguideau? Yeesh. Let's stick with first names.) :laugh2:

I like Charlianne. :) Both of their programs are :love: The short was cleaner and more crisp last time and after the mistake I thought they didn't have a chance at gold but was so happy to be wrong. I watched the long and was drawn so deep into it. There's just something so lovely that draws you in and makes you root for them. That first throw was scary, though. I though it was my imagination until I went back and watched it again and heard the commentary on Europort. Congrats Charlie and Julianne!

Ice Diva

On the Ice
I like Charlianne. :) Both of their programs are :love: The short was cleaner and more crisp last time and after the mistake I thought they didn't have a chance at gold but was so happy to be wrong. I watched the long and was drawn so deep into it. There's just something so lovely that draws you in and makes you root for them. That first throw was scary, though. I though it was my imagination until I went back and watched it again and heard the commentary on Europort. Congrats Charlie and Julianne!

Yes, congrats to Charlie & Julianne. They have such good skating skills you can barely hear them on the ice. Ice dance coach Carol Lane says they spend time every week skating with ice dancers V/M et al at Montreal.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Yes, congrats to Charlie & Julianne. They have such good skating skills you can barely hear them on the ice. Ice dance coach Carol Lane says they spend time every week skating with ice dancers V/M et al at Montreal.

I read that here and could see it in their SP at Autumn Classic(?). I did not watch their long there though because SA was so soon and I find that watching the first iteration of a program can be too rough and spoil it if that makes any sense. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen it. I thought it was mesmerizing and even more noticeable in the long because of the many moments that seemed like they would be perfectly at place in Ice Dance program. Their SS are surreal almost.

Now I need to catch up on all the other videos.

Last edited: