dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
28 - 30 Oct 2016
Mississauga, Canada

Friday, 28 October 2016, 19:30 UTC -4

Check out the time in other time zones here
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=166&p6=195&p7=136&p8=179&p9=256&p10=64

Start Order

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
SD Blues: Oh What a Night for Dancing by Barry White, Vance Wilson, Disco: Disco Inferno by Leroy Green and Ron Kersey; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
FD Argentine Tango: " Con Buena Onda by Daniel Lomuto, Ernesto Baffa, Hector M. Arce;" choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
CAN
2Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM
SD "Big Spender" from the Sweet Charity soundtrack and "Sing Sing Sing!;" choreo. by Romain Haguenauer
FD Liebesträum No. 3 in A flat by Franz Liszt, Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C sharp minor by Franz Liszt, Concerto Paraphrase on "Rigoletto" by Franz Liszt; choreo. by Romain Haguenauer
CAN
3Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
SD Prince medley, including "5 Women," "Purple Rain" and "Kiss;" choreo by David Wilson, M.-F. Dubreuil, S. Choinard
FD Pilgrims on a Long Journey by Coeur de Pirate, Latch (Acoustic) by Sam Smith; choreo by David Wilson, M.-F. Dubreuil, S. Choinard
CAN
4Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
SD Blues by Gary Moore, Swing; choreo by Anjelika Krylova, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD "New York, New York" by Ralph Burns; choreo by Anjelika Krylova, Pasquale Camerlengo
CHN
5Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
SD Blues: You're the Boss performed by Elvis Presley, Ann Margrert, Swing: A Little Less Conversation performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FD La vie en rose by Edith Piaf; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
DEN
6Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN
SD Blues: "Fancy Man Blues" and Jive: "Dance Little Sister" by the Rolling Stones; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, Maurizio Margaglio
FD "Stonemilker" by Björk, "The Golden Age" by Woodkid; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, Maurizio Margaglio
FIN
7Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
SD Blues: Cry For Me,Boogie Woogie: Choo Choo Boogie; choreo by Liudmila Vlasova
FD Limelight by Charlie Chaplin, Chaplin Medley,City Lights: Ouverture by Charlie Chaplin; choreo by Liudmila Vlasova
ITA
8Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
SD Blues: "At Last" , Hip-hop: "I Got Bills," by LunchMoney Lewis; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
FD Tango medley: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, arranged by E. Runge, J. Ammon, Verano Porteno by Astor Piazzolla, Primavera Portena by Astor Piazzolla, Libertango by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
RUS
9Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
SD Blues: "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood, Hip Hop: "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars; choreo by Rohene Ward
FD "Under Pressure" performed by Freddie Mercury and David Bowie; choreo by Christopher Dean
USA
10Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
SD Blues: Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé and Hip Hop: “How I Feel” by Flo Rida; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Benji Schwimmer
FD "Liebestraum" composed and edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Benji Schwimmer
USA

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Holy First Rate Competition Batman! Really looking forward to this. Please post those stream links asap...I don't want to miss a moment (unless SA, where I missed about half of the whole bloody thing!).

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I want Piper and Paul to spoil everyone's predicitions and get at least silver. :biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My ideal top 6 in order is

1. Virtue/Moir
2. Hawayek/Baker
3. Gilles/Poirier
4. Chock/Bates
5. Stepanova/Bukin
6. Cappellini/Lanotte

but in reality this is going to likely be
1. Virtue/Moir
2. 3. 4. Chock/Bates, Cappellini/Lanotte, Gilles/Poirier - don't know yet though.
5. Stepanova/Bukin
6. Hawayek/Baker

What a tough competition it would be. :) :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I actually like C/L a lot. But they recycle programs a lot, so... And I do like C/B programs these year, but G/P has good programs and I like them a lot, so want them to do especially well at home competition :) Stepanova/Bukin are not bad this year too, but they had a really bad luck to be picked for this assignment.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I actually like C/L a lot. But they recycle programs a lot, so... And I do like C/B programs these year, but G/P has good programs and I like them a lot, so want them to do especially well at home competition :) Stepanova/Bukin are not bad this year too, but they had a really bad luck to be picked for this assignment.

I like all of the 6 teams in the list and love Hawayek/Baker's two programs the most but they are not even US No 3, so their score will be held down. They should've gotten a higher score than they actually earned at the CS Autumn Classic in Canada. While I was deeply disappointed in Anna/Luca's repetitive and conservative programs, the judges seemed to prefer them to Chock/Bates with two creative works (FD choreography was messy though) and Gilles/Poirier with a funny SD and conservative FD in the CS Nebelhorn Trophy. Of course, there were mistakes, so I don't have a clear picture of how the judges at Skate Canada are going to do with C/B, C/L and G/P. Skating on home ice would be a factor for G/P this time I think though. I liked Stepanova/Bukin's SD at Finlandia, but they were still much sloppier than the Americans, Canadians, Italians, and their score at Finlandia was inflated, so I would place them in 5th.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
WOW this competition will be way more interesting than SA. They are a lot of good teams here. This could give us a clearer picture of the ice dance field for sure. I wish W/P would be present instead of P/I for a real blood bath but hey I'll take it over the snoozefest that was SA any time.
Among my 3 favs SDs two are here. G/P and H/B. Plus I'm curious to see how V/M improved on the two other parts outside the Kiss section, which I enjoy.
It'll be interested to see how the Italians will fare here. They can always pull a surprise.
Finally, how will C/B bounce back from that bad performance. Last year proved to us they are fighters and they didn't choose an easy task with this FD.
This could go like this: V/M, C/B, C/L and G/P but I would rather see V/M, G/P, and I don't care much for the third team. I'd like H/B but that's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
this particular competition will be a serious bloodbath and it could be decided on who hit their levels...

My two favourite SDs at the moment - Tessa and Scott and Piper and Paul - versus Italians charming, but boring and recycled snooze and Hip-Hop extravaganzas from Americans and Russians. The most difficult for me in predictions would be Piper and Paul placement and Capellini/Lanotte versus Chock/Bates...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
A real competition this will be. I am looking forward to this. Nebelhorn and Autumn Classic were the appetizers. Now I want this fine meal with lavish courses.

Expecting: Gilles/Poirier in 3rd after the SD, behind Virtue/Moir and Cappellini/Lanotte. They need at least a bronze here for a chance at Grand Prix Final.

Interesting fact: Virtue/Moir still have the highest raw scores (pre-FD deductions) going into this event.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks a bunch Doris for doing all those entry charts. I copy and paste them into an MS Doc and massage them to fit my particular needs for watching the comps on INW. :agree:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm most excited to see Ice Dance in Mississauga! Leaving tomorrow.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Safe travels! Watch out for the kamakazi deer that like to ram cars and motorcycles.

I saw at least 5 or 6 dead deer on my way home from Chicago. A semi-truck hit one in front of me and left a dangerous carcass in the middle of the road for me to contend with. Hope nothing underneath my car was damaged. :cry: I hate driving at night, I fear dear more than drunk drivers.

humbaba

Final Flight
Looking forward to this competition, but also a little sad. Some great ID teams are going to leave this comp with no medal and with their GPF chances severely damaged.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Looking forward to this competition, but also a little sad. Some great ID teams are going to leave this comp with no medal and with their GPF chances severely damaged.
I understand your state of mind, but let's look at it some other way : what about the fact that it means that Ice Dance is no longer the business of 4 or 5 teams... even the 8th or 9th team in the world now is seen as a contender. I find this very positive. Less predictable competitions, less margin of error, more interesting events.

GO ICE DANCE :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I saw at least 5 or 6 dead deer on my way home from Chicago. A semi-truck hit one in front of me and left a dangerous carcass in the middle of the road for me to contend with. Hope nothing underneath my car was damaged. :cry: I hate driving at night, I fear dear more than drunk drivers.

I agree. I wont ride my bikes at night anymore and when I tour, I am very careful. A friend had a hand very injured when a deer hit him while he was touring this summer. When I am driving across the country in the summer, I dont drive at night.
They are waiting....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...naElkCrossing_zps4a5bbed0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Glad you're ok Sabinfire. My aunt and uncle were in MI. on 31 and totaled their car because of a deer. We see them around Ludington all the time. Scary.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They hang out on my front lawn and in MY DRIVEWAY!!!!! Just getting out onto the main road in the evening is fraught with danger.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They hang out on my front lawn and in MY DRIVEWAY!!!!! Just getting out onto the main road in the evening is fraught with danger.

Yikes! Do those weird deer alarm things you can attach to your car work?!

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I agree. I wont ride my bikes at night anymore and when I tour, I am very careful. A friend had a hand very injured when a deer hit him while he was touring this summer. When I am driving across the country in the summer, I dont drive at night.
They are waiting....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/C...naElkCrossing_zps4a5bbed0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

You guys lead such adventurous lives! A universe away from Tokyo, where I am at the moment, though the semi-rural areas of Tokyo are recently having bear break-in problems...