Skate Canada, Videos and Results THREAD | Golden Skate

Skate Canada, Videos and Results THREAD

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Skate Canada, Videos ? Invitation to Mao88?

This thread is hopefully a kind invitation to Mao88 to resume her/his generous work in organizing expertly videos/results from each event of Skate Canada.

Mao88, if you do not wish to do so, I understand. However, I wish you will welcome this invitation. If not, perhaps someone else wants to take over. I preferred when Mao88 took care of it all because the information wasn't cluttered, redundant or confusing, so I would suggest that one person does that task.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My question is, since Mao88 already made a thread for each of the GP events, do we use that one now to collect videos? Make a separate thread like you've done? Will there be a third thread for the non-spoiler videos? I see this getting rather confusing. I have a feeling that Mao88 would be incredibly offended if we used his/her thread, so I'd advise against it, but I also suspect he/she isn't coming back for awhile, so perhaps an extra clear title for the new thread to indicate it's the currently active one would be best.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hadn't seen the thread already made by Mao. that just shows you how an inactive thread will quickly go down the list... If I had seen it, I would have not done this thread quite like this one.

If Mao comes back and uses his/her own thread, my invitation thread can be closed/deleted or if not, will simply go to the bottom of the list as Mao adds videos. I don't think this thread here is offensive to Mao. It is simply an invitation to come back or as an alternative, a suggestion that someone else uses that same format we like so much to upload the videos.

My question is, since Mao88 already made a thread for each of the GP events, do we use that one now to collect videos? Make a separate thread like you've done? Will there be a third thread for the non-spoiler videos? I see this getting rather confusing. I have a feeling that Mao88 would be incredibly offended if we used his/her thread, so I'd advise against it, but I also suspect he/she isn't coming back for awhile, so perhaps an extra clear title for the new thread to indicate it's the currently active one would be best.

ETA I see Mao's thread at the bottom of the Skate Canada thread. As I said, I hadn't seen it because it's way down below.

Let's see how Mao feels and if she/he comes back, I will ask the moderators to delete this thread. If not, I hope someone else can make their own thread, and again, this thread can be deleted.

I have in the meantime, made clearer what this thread is about by editing its title.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I have some ideas swirling around in my head, I'd really love a mod's input on this one. What I'd love to see NOT happen is an inactive Mao88 thread, an active spoiler thread, an active non-spoiler thread, and then another one or two related threads besides. Whether Mao88 chooses to come back or not, they had a great format, and it's hardly copyrighted, so my hope is that other volunteers will step in the gap and submit videos that can then be organized in a similar fashion... perhaps in addition to a non-spoiler thread, which I think is incredibly useful. While I'm sure everyone hopes that Mao88 resumes their normal work, I also think we have to assume that they may not, and try to organize something as efficiently as possible. The less confusion, the better.

Perhaps a single spoiler and a single non-spoiler thread would be best, with one person somewhat heading up each thread just to organize the videos that come in (thus preventing clutter) and have as many people submit videos as possible into the thread. That way it's not so much responsibility on any one person but the work still gets done. For the GP series, the inactive Mao88 threads will be there (hopefully turning into active later on!) but at least there will only be two *active* threads.

Ah, see, I wasn't going to get involved, but now it's too late. :laugh: That's what happens when I start typing! Mods, others, please give as many opinions as you'd all like to!

Edit: It's been brought to my attention that syvpow has compiled some excellent link posts in the SA thread in a format very similar to Mao88's threads. That may be something they're willing to continue, if we all ask nicely. :)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Hey, let's reverse the intention and process by transferring and re-organizing the videos from the unspoiled thread! :laugh:

OK, OK, let's ask nicely and get permission if anybody gets serious with this idea. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... that's why i had started this particular thread... to see if something could be done but first, i thought it would be normal to inquire if mao88 wants to continue :)
While I have some ideas swirling around in my head, I'd really love a mod's input on this one. What I'd love to see NOT happen is an inactive Mao88 thread, an active spoiler thread, an active non-spoiler thread, and then another one or two related threads besides. Whether Mao88 chooses to come back or not, they had a great format, and it's hardly copyrighted, so my hope is that other volunteers will step in the gap and submit videos that can then be organized in a similar fashion... perhaps in addition to a non-spoiler thread, which I think is incredibly useful. While I'm sure everyone hopes that Mao88 resumes their normal work, I also think we have to assume that they may not, and try to organize something as efficiently as possible. The less confusion, the better.

Perhaps a single spoiler and a single non-spoiler thread would be best, with one person somewhat heading up each thread just to organize the videos that come in (thus preventing clutter) and have as many people submit videos as possible into the thread. That way it's not so much responsibility on any one person but the work still gets done. For the GP series, the inactive Mao88 threads will be there (hopefully turning into active later on!) but at least there will only be two *active* threads.

Ah, see, I wasn't going to get involved, but now it's too late. :laugh: That's what happens when I start typing! Mods, others, please give as many opinions as you'd all like to!

Edit: It's been brought to my attention that syvpow has compiled some excellent link posts in the SA thread in a format very similar to Mao88's threads. That may be something they're willing to continue, if we all ask nicely. :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Perhaps a single spoiler and a single non-spoiler thread would be best, with one person somewhat heading up each thread just to organize the videos that come in (thus preventing clutter) and have as many people submit videos as possible into the thread. That way it's not so much responsibility on any one person but the work still gets done.
I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I wanted to create a "spoiler-free videos" thread and then ask people if they're still willing to contribute. I thought it might work to keep a kind of "master list" in the first post from which I could link to the specific posts within the thread where people have posted their video lists. That way the lists wouldn't get lost in the thread (and people can still edit their lists without the initial reference being lost).
Not sure this will work as I imagine it, but I thought it would be worth a try :)

cleo2070

Final Flight
I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I wanted to create a "spoiler-free videos" thread and then ask people if they're still willing to contribute. I thought it might work to keep a kind of "master list" in the first post from which I could link to the specific posts within the thread where people have posted their video lists. That way the lists wouldn't get lost in the thread (and people can still edit their lists without the initial reference being lost).
Not sure this will work as I imagine it, but I thought it would be worth a try :)

I'd been thinking about the same thing! Only I was second-guessing myself about it... But if someone is willing to keep updating the first post with all eight links, it ought to work pretty well:
- links would be accessible first thing, like you said;
- anyone/everyone can contribute and keep improving the list afterwards (again like you said:thumbsup:);
- even more spoiler-free because you don't risk seeing the starting order for the FS/FD.

Ilvskating

Final Flight

syvpow, please:luv17::luv17::luv17:

syvpow

On the Ice
LADIES SP

Group 1 full version

1 Rika Hongo..........B ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....IN.....R ESP.....SBS.....B ESP
2 Yuka Nagai..........B ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....IN.....SBS
3 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva..........B ESP.....No commentary, HD.....Russian.....ELTA.....No commentary.....IN.....UHD.....SBS.....B ESP
4 Mirai Nagasu..........B ESP.....Russian.....ELTA.....IN.....R ESP.....DM-B ESP.....SBS
5 Kaetlyn Osmond..........B ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....ELTA.....No commentary.....IN.....R ESP.....SBS.....B ESP
6 Dabin Choi..........B ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....IN.....R ESP.....SBS
7 Nahyun Kim..........Russian.....Russian.....IN.....R ESP.....SBS
8 Alaine Chartrand..........B ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....IN.....SBS.....B ESP
9 Satoko Miyahara..........B ESP.....R ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....IN.....B ESP
10 Joshi Helgesson..........R ESP.....Russian.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....IN
11 Evgenia Medvedeva..........B ESP.....UHD.....Russian.....Russian.....ELTA.....No commentary.....No commentary.....IN.....B ESP.....B ESP

Results Protocols

Many thanks to all the wonderful (and quick) uploaders!

Last edited:

syvpow

On the Ice
PAIRS SP

Full version

1 Della Monica / Guarise..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP
2 Duhamel / Radford..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary.....R ESP.....B ESP.....B ESP
3 Yu / Zhang..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP
4 Ilyushechkina / Moscovitch..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP
5 Kavaguti / Smirnov..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP.....B ESP
6 Denney / Frazier..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary.....R ESP.....B ESP
7 Jones / Reagan..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary.....No commentary

Results Protocols

Last edited:

syvpow

On the Ice
ICE DANCE SD

Group 1 full version

1 Chock / Bates..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
2 Gilles / Poirier..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
3 Paul / Islam..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
4 Wang / Liu..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
5 Cappellini / Lanotte..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
6 Hawayek / Baker..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
7 Virtue / Moir..........Russian HD.....Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
8 Fournier Beaudry / Sorensen..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
9 TÖrn / Partanen..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian
10 Stepanova / Bukin..........Russian.....No commentary.....Russian

Results Protocols

Last edited:

syvpow

On the Ice
MEN SP

Group 1 Full version

1 Misha Ge..........IN.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary
2 Han Yan..........IN.....Russian.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary
3 Michal Brezina..........IN.....Russian.....Russian.....Russian.....TSN
4 Daniel Samohin..........Russian.....Russian.....TSN.....No commentary
5 Patrick Chan..........IN.....Russian.....Russian.....DM-No commentary
6 Yuzuru Hanyu..........Russian.....ELTA.....fancam.....TSN.....No commentary
7 Liam Firus..........Russian.....Russian.....TSN
8 Ross Miner..........Russian
9 Grant Hochstein..........Russian.....Russian
10 Alexander Petrov..........Russian.....Russian.....No commentary
11 Takahito Mura..........No commentary.....IN.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary, HD.....No commentary
12 Kevin Reynolds..........No commentary.....IN.....Russian.....Russian.....No commentary

Results Protocols

Last edited:

syvpow

On the Ice
LADIES FS

Group 2 Full version 1

1 Joshi Helgesson..........B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
2 Yuka Nagai..........B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
3 Nahyun Kim..........B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
4 Dabin Choi..........B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
5 Mirai Nagasu..........B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
6 Rika Hongo..........B ESP.....B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
7 Satoko Miyahara..........No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....ELTA.....CTV
8 Alaine Chartrand..........No commentary.....B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....CTV
9 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva..........No commentary.....B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....ELTA.....No commentary, HD.....CTV
10 Kaetlyn Osmond..........No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....ELTA.....CTV
11 Evgenia Medvedeva..........No commentary.....No commentary.....B ESP.....B ESP.....Russian.....ELTA.....No commentary, HD.....CTV

Results Protocols

Ladies Victory Ceremony 1 2

Last edited:

syvpow

On the Ice
PAIRS FS
1 Jones / Reagan..........No commentary.....No commentary.....Arena.....B ESP
2 Kavaguti / Smirnov..........No commentary.....No commentary.....IN.....No commentary.....Arena
3 Della Monica / Guarise..........No commentary.....No commentary.....Arena
4 Denney / Frazier..........No commentary.....No commentary.....Arena
5 Ilyushechkina / Moscovitch..........No commentary.....No commentary.....No commentary.....Arena.....Match
6 Duhamel / Radford..........No commentary.....No commentary.....No commentary.....Arena
7 Yu / Zhang..........No commentary.....Arena.....ELTA.....DM-No commentary

Results Protocols

Pairs Victory Ceremony

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Guys, I'm so tempted to run into the no spoilers thread and yell THEY WON! THEY WON! without saying who or in what discipline. :rofl:

syvpow

On the Ice
MEN FS
1 Liam Firus..........No commentary.....Russian
2 Ross Miner..........No commentary.....Russian
3 Grant Hochstein..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA
4 Misha Ge..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA
5 Michal Brezina..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA
6 Alexander Petrov..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA
7 Han Yan..........No commentary.....Russian
8 Yuzuru Hanyu..........No commentary.....No commentary, HD.....Russian.....ELTA
9 Daniel Samohin..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA
10 Kevin Reynolds..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA
11 Patrick Chan..........No commentary.....No commentary, HD.....Russian.....ELTA
12 Takahito Mura..........No commentary.....Russian.....ELTA

Results Protocols

Men Victory Ceremony

Last edited: