2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP | Page 66 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP

ks777

Record Breaker
No, it's not underrotated. Of about 90 degrees of underrotation and even less. Although Evgenia's landing could be cleaner of course.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not underrotated. Of about 90 degrees of underrotation and even less. Although Evgenia's landing could be cleaner of course.

It's clearly underrotated. she came down after 2.5 revolution.

skater85

Rinkside
Watched this on NBC today. How did Osmond score higher than Miyahara? And not just higher but a lot higher? And with a fall? She was so overscored on PCS. No wonder some people say it stands for People Cheat Still.

Osmond score was so much higher than Miyahara because Miyahara received 0 for her step sequence as it did not fulfill the requirements and had other under rotation issues. Even if you argue Osmond's PCS were too high, she beat Miyahara by 6 points on TES alone. Did T&J mention of this on NBC?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Osmond score was so much higher than Miyahara because Miyahara received 0 for her step sequence as it did not fulfill the requirements and had other under rotation issues. Even if you argue Osmond's PCS were too high, she beat Miyahara by 6 points on TES alone. Did T&J mention of this on NBC?

Well, that explains it and no, I don't think T&J mentioned it (but admittedly, I wasn't paying rapt attention to their comments). I still think Osmond was scored too high on PCS.

chloepoco

Medalist

I don't understand how her step sequence did not fulfill requirements, when she had no problems with the requirements at her previous competitions.

skater85

Rinkside
I don't understand how her step sequence did not fulfill requirements, when she had no problems with the requirements at her previous competitions.

I believe the problem was that it did not fully utilize the ice, as per the rule. Maybe someone else can confirm whether that as the issue, but I can't imagine it was anything else. As to her getting credit in a previous competition and not here, maybe she did it correctly the last time? I compared her FS at Skate Canada and at the US Classic in September and at the US Classic she appears to start the sequence much deeper into the left half of the ice (if we're looking from the judges stand) than she did at Skate Canada.

gnom

On the Ice
It's hard to judge the pattern / ice coverage of Satoko's StSq by video. However, the requirement of the StSq is defined as:

"There is no longer a required pattern, but a step sequence must fully utilize the ice surface. It must be visible and identifiable and should be performed by using almost the full ice surface either in it length from short barrier to short barrier (e.g. straight line, serpentine or similar shape) or twice in its width from long barrier to long barrier (e.g. circle, oval or similar shape). Failure to achieve the above description will result in no value."

Failing to meet the pattern requirement is the only possible reason I can think of. However, quite harsh by the technical panel.

stryke

On the Ice
I saw Evgenia in person and boy was she magical. Clearly above everyone else and a well deserved score.

On a side note it's hilarious reading all this hate on her. All of you hating on Evgenia keep doing it. You're only making her stronger.

viennaskater

Medalist
Arrived late so only saw Medvedeva. Sigh. If she's literally going to do the same program right down to the transitions, she should just use last year's music again. I don't know what was different with today's broadcast, but you could hear the background during the step sequence more clearly and it's in such terrible taste.

Atrocious. I'm an Ashley Wagner fan myself.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
I saw Evgenia in person and boy was she magical. Clearly above everyone else and a well deserved score.

On a side note it's hilarious reading all this hate on her. All of you hating on Evgenia keep doing it. You're only making her stronger.

:palmf:

Some people here obviously lost their sense of reality.....