2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Pairs FP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
It's like night and day watching K/S after Jones/Reagan. Yeah, there are some messy elements, but K/S are a pair while Brittany and Josh are two people skating together. I really makes you understand the intangibles of pair skating.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
2 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS)

Music: Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy

Blue costumes

3T<< - she fell, almost crashed
3Tw
1A+2A+SEQ - he singles 1st
3STh
FCCoSp
ChSq
3LoTh
5ALi
FiDs
5BLi
3Li
PCoSp

Problems on jumps. Rough around the edges, seemed cautious overall

FS: 55.47+63.88-1.00 = 118.35, 182.75, 1/2

Last edited:

glorybox6

Final Flight
Oh god, Yuko looked like she couldn't even get to the K&C seat.

What is the motivation at this point? They clearly were not ready to skate here. They're endangering themselves and it's hard to watch.

s_parks

Record Breaker
kinda OT, but I'm thoroughly convinced the Russian Fed is trying to sabotage T/M. They should be sent to Moskvina, she's exactly what they need and could make them champions.
And Yuko. :sad21:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Claire de Lune is my favorite ever program of Yuko and Sasha. It really takes artistry, grace, and connection with each other and with the music to skate that. Beautiful.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
as harsh as we all are about the canadians, let's give the kids a break ;) they're young and new

andromache

Record Breaker
Oh god, Yuko looked like she couldn't even get to the K&C seat.

What is the motivation at this point? They clearly were not ready to skate here. They're endangering themselves and it's hard to watch.

The motivation is to keep Moskvina in the K&C until she realizes she never wants to retire and adopts a young Russian pair and nurtures them to greatness! :drama:

glorybox6

Final Flight
kinda OT, but I'm thoroughly convinced the Russian Fed is trying to sabotage T/M. They should be sent to Moskvina, she's exactly what they need and could make them champions.

150%. Which makes zero sense since it's pretty clear T/M are the federation's best bet for 2018 right now.