2016 Skate Canada Free Dance | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
As there seems to be no thread for this, I'm going to start one. Unfortunately I can't do the lovely opening information post dorisp usually provides us, but its absence should make us appreciate what doris and mrs p and the rest of TPTB provide for us week in and week out of every season.

Please post all available online stream links when available.

As you can see, my own computer skills are woefully unskillful, but this is the starting order from the results page:

Ice Dance - Free Dance

Starting Order

StN. Name Nation Rank Points
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
CHN
9 57.86
2 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN
FIN
10 56.98
3 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
DEN
7 62.63
4 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM
CAN
8 58.83
5 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
USA
6 65.01
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
RUS
5 68.12
7 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
ITA
4 71.08
8 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
CAN
1 77.23
9 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
CAN
3 72.12
10 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
USA
2 76.21

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
2016 Skate Canada Free Dance
28 - 30 Oct 2016
Mississauga, Canada

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 21:15 UTC -4

Check out the time in other time zones here
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/canada/mississauga

Start Order

StN.
Name
Nation
Rank
Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU

CHN
Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN

FIN
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN

DEN
Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM

CAN
Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER

USA
Warm-Up Group 2
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN

RUS
Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE

ITA
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR

CAN
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER

CAN
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES

USA

Entries​

No.
Name
Nation
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
SD Blues: Oh What a Night for Dancing by Barry White, Vance Wilson, Disco: Disco Inferno by Leroy Green and Ron Kersey; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
FD Argentine Tango: " Con Buena Onda by Daniel Lomuto, Ernesto Baffa, Hector M. Arce;" choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
CAN
Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM
SD "Big Spender" from the Sweet Charity soundtrack and "Sing Sing Sing!;" choreo. by Romain Haguenauer
FD Liebesträum No. 3 in A flat by Franz Liszt, Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C sharp minor by Franz Liszt, Concerto Paraphrase on "Rigoletto" by Franz Liszt; choreo. by Romain Haguenauer
CAN
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
SD Prince medley, including "5 Women," "Purple Rain" and "Kiss;" choreo by David Wilson, M.-F. Dubreuil, S. Choinard
FD Pilgrims on a Long Journey by Coeur de Pirate, Latch (Acoustic) by Sam Smith; choreo by David Wilson, M.-F. Dubreuil, S. Choinard
CAN
Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
SD Blues by Gary Moore, Swing; choreo by Anjelika Krylova, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD "New York, New York" by Ralph Burns; choreo by Anjelika Krylova, Pasquale Camerlengo
CHN
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
SD Blues: You're the Boss performed by Elvis Presley, Ann Margrert, Swing: A Little Less Conversation performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FD La vie en rose by Edith Piaf; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
DEN
Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN
SD Blues: "Fancy Man Blues" and Jive: "Dance Little Sister" by the Rolling Stones; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, Maurizio Margaglio
FD "Stonemilker" by Björk, "The Golden Age" by Woodkid; choreo by Massimo Scali, Marina Zueva, Maurizio Margaglio
FIN
Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
SD Blues: Cry For Me,Boogie Woogie: Choo Choo Boogie; choreo by Liudmila Vlasova
FD Limelight by Charlie Chaplin, Chaplin Medley,City Lights: Ouverture by Charlie Chaplin; choreo by Liudmila Vlasova
ITA
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
SD Blues: "At Last" , Hip-hop: "I Got Bills," by LunchMoney Lewis; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
FD Tango medley: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, arranged by E. Runge, J. Ammon, Verano Porteno by Astor Piazzolla, Primavera Portena by Astor Piazzolla, Libertango by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Aliona Samarskaia
RUS
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
SD Blues: "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood, Hip Hop: "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars; choreo by Rohene Ward
FD "Under Pressure" performed by Freddie Mercury and David Bowie; choreo by Christopher Dean
USA
Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
SD Blues: Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé and Hip Hop: “How I Feel” by Flo Rida; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Benji Schwimmer
FD "Liebestraum" composed and edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Benji Schwimmer
USA

Feel free to use that in the OP ;)

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
So the free dance will start at 9:45pm local time. I'm not used to sports starting at this late hour. It's like a concert :rock:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Thanks for the streams!

Got out of the men's long program thread because the hanyu vs chan stuff is going to suck up any of the light in my dark dark soul.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you Alex for posting that. I'm hopeless with things like that. It took me years to get over computers not having joysticks.

:slink:

And auser continues to be Awesome with all the stream links!

:hap10:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Next week the Free Dance will start at 6 am my time. That's like having to go to sunrise mass.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thanks for the streams!

Got out of the men's long program thread because the hanyu vs chan stuff is going to suck up any of the light in my dark dark soul.

Come to ID! Come into the light!

(Damn, that would be so much funnier with the right background music)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I love the tango but..3 of them out of 10 couples? That's like 30% tango. Have these people never heard of a paso or a salsa.

Let the best tango win!

auser

Record Breaker
Thanks for the streams!

Fortunately I had to leave Men's thread to post FD stream links above before I read anything too ugly. Besides I can't believe anyone who cares for his/her dog the way you do can have so dark a soul :agree:.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Here for Piper and Paul! Interested in FB/S because they're doing something that's not a warhorse. I was really excited about Chock/Bates when I first heard they were doing Under Pressure, but it turned out to be some awful remix, so :disapp:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I love the tango but..3 of them out of 10 couples? That's like 30% tango. Have these people never heard of a paso or a salsa.

Let the best tango win!

Please, a moratorium on pasos for the next decade at least. I haven't recovered from the Paso SD season yet.

But some really lovely modern dance would be VERY welcome.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Next week the Free Dance will start at 6 am my time. That's like having to go to sunrise mass.

Have you found a schedule? I've been looking and looking but no luck yet.

Edit: Ohmigosh I just found it and I feel really stupid now. :facepalm:

Edit #2: You know what's funny, I kept checking IN's streaming schedule and GS and I trust those sources so much I forgot to look at the ISU page. :rofl:

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Here for Piper and Paul! Interested in FB/S because they're doing something that's not a warhorse. I was really excited about Chock/Bates when I first heard they were doing Under Pressure, but it turned out to be some awful remix, so :disapp:

Yay for the no warhorse :hap10:. Plus their SD was so much fun to watch yesterday :dance2:.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
He's a German Shepherd. You either love him or he outsmarts you and steals all your pizza when you are looking.