2016 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Free Dance

bwayrose7

On the Ice
Anyone else having trouble with the Canadian feeds? All of the links bring up error messages for me now.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I gave up on the Canadian feeds. The Russian feeds are totally off in terms of synced sound. Really, it is like 5 years ago when most of the feeds were dreadful.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doris would be the right person to ask about that. The thing is, modern covers a very wide variety of dance, so it might be a challenge to come up with one SD pattern for it.

But they should.

As a modern dancer, I would LOVE that. But... I don't think it'd ever happen. It's not ballroom, and which style would they go with? Can you imagine a Graham program? :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Dear team Finland:

Please get rid of the Bjork and the horrible coloured dress. I want to support you but.. I really can't do the Bjork. At least it's not that dreadful it's so quiet song with her screeching...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Can't believe you people like Bjork but dissed Tom F'ing Jones. It's like I died and went to musical purgatory.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
You said you wanted modern dance, Weak Ankles? Hope you like maudlin contemporary, cause that seems to be the only form it takes in ice dance.

I liked the unique music choices, but T/P didn't seem to do anything unique with them

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You said you wanted modern dance, Weak Ankles? Hope you like maudlin contemporary, cause that seems to be the only form it takes in ice dance.

I liked the unique music choices, but T/P didn't seem to do anything unique with them

Alas you are right. Well Piper and Paul's FD last year wasn't maudlin. But it just baffled people. Not me. I loved it. But you're right. ID choreographers are generally so unadventurous.