2016 Rostelecom Cup Livestream & TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Livestream & TV

sammyott

Rinkside
Can someone tell me the British Eurosport schedule? It's blocked in the US and I want to plan my weekend :biggrin:

cleo2070

Final Flight
Can someone tell me the British Eurosport schedule? It's blocked in the US and I want to plan my weekend :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan :bow: is really the best person to advise you, especially since the new version of the Eurosport website is a pain in a certain place.
So far as I can tell (not even the exact times are clear to me in this new version), B.ESP are showing the short dance and all short programs live on Friday (?11:45 - 15:00 GMT SD & Men SP, 18:00-21:00 Pairs and Ladies SP). On Saturday only the FD is live (11:00 GMT) and early Sunday morning you have recordings of FD and FPs (5:00-7:30 GMT). It looks like the Gala will be live.
Best check the official time schedule, I'm sure streams will be available live, since links have already been posted here (huge :thank: to everybody!).

Hope this helps and CaroLiza_fan, please don't think I'm doing anything else than trying to help out a fellow GSer in need. I have the utmost respect for the amount of work that goes into your very comprehensive posts :bow::bow::bow: and hope you have the time and inclination to continue these guides that have so often helped contributed to enjoyable watching! THANK YOU for your contributions!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza_fan :bow: is really the best person to advise you, especially since the new version of the Eurosport website is a pain in a certain place.
So far as I can tell (not even the exact times are clear to me in this new version), B.ESP are showing the short dance and all short programs live on Friday (?11:45 - 15:00 GMT SD & Men SP, 18:00-21:00 Pairs and Ladies SP). On Saturday only the FD is live (11:00 GMT) and early Sunday morning you have recordings of FD and FPs (5:00-7:30 GMT). It looks like the Gala will be live.
Best check the official time schedule, I'm sure streams will be available live, since links have already been posted here (huge :thank: to everybody!).

Hope this helps and CaroLiza_fan, please don't think I'm doing anything else than trying to help out a fellow GSer in need. I have the utmost respect for the amount of work that goes into your very comprehensive posts :bow::bow::bow: and hope you have the time and inclination to continue these guides that have so often helped contributed to enjoyable watching! THANK YOU for your contributions!

No problem. I went to make out my post yesterday morning, but my internet decided it didn't want to play ball. So, I'm going to be doing it this morning instead.

Fingers crossed that it behaves itself today!

You know, in a way, that table is a good backup in case anything happens that I don't get doing my posts. So, I might make that a regular placeholder.

I'm going to have to work out a better way of doing the TV schedule posts. Because starting making out the posts on Wednesday, and then adding another day each day afterwards is not ideal. In past seasons, I was feeling guilty about not putting the posts together until the Monday before competition starts. Now I would love to be able to put them together that early!

Why oh why did Eurosport change their TV listings pages?! :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I'm starting the thread to share good news :)
Thanks to GP moving to Europe there is finally a good coverage of events on Eurosport 1 & 2 :yahoo: Most events will be live :hap10:

Are they going to cover everything and not just the last group of each discipline?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That's good Eurosport coverage for Rostelecom Cup! I signed up for a month of Eurosport Player to watch the remaining GP events w/ commentary.

Alex D

Record Breaker
That's good Eurosport coverage for Rostelecom Cup! I signed up for a month of Eurosport Player to watch the remaining GP events w/ commentary.

ES 1 or ES 2 have commentary, the player (dedicated skating channel), will not, it´s the ISU feed. Said channel will return as well today and they show it all throughout the weekend, live!

Resurfaced

Spectator
Trying to watch short dance from USA—the links on p.1 seem to all say "not available in your country." Is there a live feed available somewhere? Tried to purchase a month of the Eurosport app but it says I have to be in the UK. :palmf:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have finally got a selection of TV Schedule lists up.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...tream-amp-TV&p=1529800&viewfull=1#post1529800

Unfortunately, the Norwegian Eurosport Player website was re-directing to the British Eurosport Player website for me this morning. But, given that the only LIVE coverage on the TV channels in Norway last week was the Pairs FS, I don't think we're missing out on much! :disapp:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

petitebrie

On the Ice
Just to let you know that I have finally got a selection of TV Schedule lists up.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...tream-amp-TV&p=1529800&viewfull=1#post1529800

Unfortunately, the Norwegian Eurosport Player website was re-directing to the British Eurosport Player website for me this morning. But, given that the only LIVE coverage on the TV channels in Norway last week was the Pairs FS, I don't think we're missing out on much! :disapp:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Norwegian Eurosport is showing quite a lot live this weekend!

Sorry this is a mess, I don't have the time to work out the best way to format it. Also the website's user interface is a total pain in the you-know-what and doesn't show exact times unless the title is shortened, because then I can hover the mouse over the schedule and see a detailed description of the broadcast.

Nov 4:
Eurosport N [LIVE] 12:40–14:05: Short Dance
Eurosport N [LIVE] 14:20–16:01: Short Programme Men

Eurosport 1 [LIVE] [schedule won't let me see exact time] 17:00–18:10: Pairs Short Programme
Eurosport 1 [rerun/highlights] 18:10–18:40: Short Programme Men
Eurosport 1 [LIVE] [can't see exact time here either] 18:40–20:13: Short Programme Ladies
Eurosport 1 [rerun/highlights] [can't see exact time] 22:15–23:15: Short Programme Men
Eurosport 1 [rerun/highlights] 23:15–23:55: Short Programme Ladies

Nov 5:
Eurosport N [rerun/highlights] 06:00–07:00: Short Programme Men
Eurosport N[rerun/highlights] 10:02–10:32: Short Programme Men
Eurosport N [rerun/highlights] 10:32–11:14: Short Programme Ladies
Eurosport N [rerun/highlights] 11:14–12:00: Short Dance
Eurosport N [LIVE] 12:00–13:25: Free Dance

Eurosport 1 [LIVE] [can't see exact time] 15:45–17:30: Free Skate Pairs
Eurosport 1 17:30–18:00: Free Skate Men
Eurosport 1 23:00–23:55: Free Skate Ladies

Nov 6:
Eurosport 1 (some early morning reruns)
Eurosport N [LIVE] [not exact time] 13:00–15:15: Gala

ETA:
It seems like the only events we won't get to see in their entirety are the singles' free skates.

I also want to add that the commentator (Espen Røtterud Runås, I believe he's an ISU judge) is excellent. He calls the elements, their quality, and occasionally explains the judging system in between skaters.

Last edited:

Resurfaced

Spectator
Thanks Tyranid and Mermaid. I'll try those links for the free dance. Gave up for the short and contented myself with heavily monitoring Twitter and catching the video I wanted to see when it came up on YouTube. (Don't want to pay the $ for Ice Network.) Not as good as live, but it will have to do!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Norwegian Eurosport is showing quite a lot live this weekend!

Sorry this is a mess, I don't have the time to work out the best way to format it. Also the website's user interface is a total pain in the you-know-what and doesn't show exact times unless the title is shortened, because then I can hover the mouse over the schedule and see a detailed description of the broadcast.

ETA:
It seems like the only events we won't get to see in their entirety are the singles' free skates.

Thank you so much, petitebrie.

So, it was just last week that they didn't broadcast much.

Sorry if I offended you or anybody else with that comment.

Tell me one thing. What exactly is Eurosport Norge? Is it basically Eurosport 2 but with more deviations from the ESP2 International schedule than in other countries?

By the way, when looking through the schedules last week, I found it interesting that in Portugal there is a third channel called Eurosport 2 Xtra. The schedule is largely the same as Eurosport 2, but it also shows other things like Formula 1.

If Portugal can have 3 channels (even if one is largely simulcasting another), it makes you wonder why other countries can't have more than just the two.

And can I just say, it is so good to hear so many people commenting about how much of a nightmare the new website layout is. Maybe if enough people give off about it, they might change it...

I know. There's more chance of the ISU becoming the model of a brilliantly run organisation than Eurosport listening to complaints.

I also want to add that the commentator (Espen Røtterud Runås, I believe he's an ISU judge) is excellent. He calls the elements, their quality, and occasionally explains the judging system in between skaters.

He sounds like the definition of the perfect commentator!

So, it's not just British Eurosport then. Eurosport as a whole really knows how to get good commentators by the sounds of things!

CaroLiza_fan

NaVi

Medalist
I tried to look for one last week but couldn't find anything, but is there a stream of Universal HD anywhere?

petitebrie

On the Ice
Thank you so much, petitebrie.

Tell me one thing. What exactly is Eurosport Norge? Is it basically Eurosport 2 but with more deviations from the ESP2 International schedule than in other countries?

No problem! Thank you for making these posts. :)

I have no idea what the difference is. I subscribed to the Eurosport Player last year and honestly it seems pretty similar to the E1/E2 distinction they had there. Perhaps they just decided to be ~unique~, it doesn't even seem like there's more Norwegian content on the channel.