2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And now, despite his scrambled eggs being ready he won't come inside because there are 2 squirrels in the backyard that he's monitoring. *sigh*

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:laugh: how old is he?

nearly 10. He has health problems and sometimes won't eat and we are trying to keep up his muscle mass and joint health so when he is hungry we feed him. I made him eggs, plain yogurt, chia and sunflower seeds and coconut oil for lunch. But he's outside harassing squirrels.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man, I am SO gutted for Julianne and Charlie. But looking at the standings, IMO they still have a decent shot. It looks like a lot of teams might end up at 22 points, and since they'll win any tiebreaker at 22 with their win, well, they've got a shot.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Hmmmm SB seemed off :(
Thoughts about acclimatization came to my mind

SM being given huge points for THAt :confused2:

EZ surprised with the placement by I'm still bored by them

Huge AR fan but when on earth they will be clean:hslap:
Again can't enjoy the placement 100%

Hoped Valya/Ondrej could go for the podium but ugh another case of the not clean programm being underwhelming

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
nearly 10. He has health problems and sometimes won't eat and we are trying to keep up his muscle mass and joint health so when he is hungry we feed him. I made him eggs, plain yogurt, chia and sunflower seeds and coconut oil for lunch. But he's outside harassing squirrels.

Oh, it sounded like he was a young dog. Hope the diet helps his health. You should start the dogs' thread(if there isn't one, saw there is a cat thread).

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
It is very disappointing to see the pairs skating moving this way. At least the medalists should skate within their power and try to present some comparatively clean, NOT fragmented, programs to the audience! Simply terrible! :disapp:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Enbert is better looking than Larionov
but Zabijako / Enbert is a Bazarova / larionov 2.0, they are very boring.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hmmmm SB seemed off :(
Thoughts about acclimatization came to my mind

SM being given huge points for THAt :confused2:

EZ surprised with the placement by I'm still bored by them

Huge AR fan but when on earth they will be clean:hslap:
Again can't enjoy the placement 100%

Hoped Valya/Ondrej could go for the podium but ugh another case of the not clean programm being underwhelming

Sorry but can I ask what you mean by acclimatization? like jet lag or am I totally not getting it?

reneerose

Final Flight
Man, I am SO gutted for Julianne and Charlie. But looking at the standings, IMO they still have a decent shot. It looks like a lot of teams might end up at 22 points, and since they'll win any tiebreaker at 22 with their win, well, they've got a shot.

They only pick the top six in each discipline right? I hope Julianne and Charlie can still get in! Was sad about their jumps? Wonder how far in advance they arrive in Moscow to practice before start of the competition? Maybe that's where the acclimatization comes in? Getting adjusted to everything...but then they've competed as Juniors so they should be used to that by now...maybe....

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They only pick the top six in each discipline right? I hope Julianne and Charlie can still get in! Was sad about their jumps? Wonder how far in advance they arrive in Moscow to practice before start of the competition? Maybe that's where the acclimatization comes in? Getting adjusted to everything...but then they've competed as Juniors so they should be used to that by now...maybe....

Yes, but with so many top teams out of the GP series this year it's less competitive than normal. We've really only got Duhamel/Radford and Savchenko/Massot as sure things, with Yu/Zhang a strong probability. The rest are usually second B teams that have a real chance, but with Julianne and Charlie's gold winning any tiebreakers, they still have a good chance. We should know more after France though.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Aliona is crazy. Who the hell tries a Quad Sal at the end of a program. It's a great program, though.

And I am SOOOO happy for Astakhova/Rogonov making the podium. Really hope they are on the World team. They give such complete choreography and interpretation, always staying within the performance as much as possible. Love them.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Okay, I am deeply resentful that I now have that 90s power ballad Color of the Night in my head. SHEESH.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Who had your favourite of each element broken down and why? E.g. Who had the best lift? The best jump combo? The best sbs spins? Etc. Show your working! ;)

For example, best lift for me was the first (?) lift by Savchenko / Massot where he had her one armed and off centred. Showed really job dropping strength and a lovely position, IMO.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Who had your favourite of each element broken down and why? E.g. Who had the best lift? The best jump combo? The best sbs spins? Etc. Show your working! ;)

For example, best lift for me was the first (?) lift by Savchenko / Massot where he had her one armed and off centred. Showed really job dropping strength and a lovely position, IMO.

you ask to many questions in one post;).

I can tell you much about pair skating. But to many questions make everyone confused.

Ajona and Bruno´s lifts are definitly the best in the world. They are pushing bounderies in lifts and throws. But IMO it is better if they do big triple throws instead of double-footed falls.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I think this wonderful subject deserves its own independent thread. :)

lavoix

Match Penalty
Can someone tell me the names of the music that Astakhova/Rogonov used for the FS?