2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

qwertyskates

Medalist
Why are Pairs programs so predictable and conservative? Ice dancing is more interesting in how it's developed.

Lota

Record Breaker
Not quite the redemption skate they'd been hoping for :no: I'm guessing their GPF spot now depends on other teams?

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
i know i am in the minority but i don't like Sequin/Bilodeau. I find them boring and bland

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Julianne and Charlie obviously want to crush my predictions... Some really difficult moments. I also want them to work on line.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:scratch3: I hope S/B make it in top 4, so they can advance to GPF.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not quite the redemption skate they'd been hoping for :no: I'm guessing their GPF spot now depends on other teams?

It depends. If they do podium here then the have most likely made it; if not they need help.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This should be interesting. Other than S/M none of these teams have had a great deal of success yet.

As much as I'd like S/B to make the GPF I refuse to wish ill on any team. S/B really need to rethink the loops in the short. I think they have scored less than 2 points on them both times out. If they have a money jump I'd do it and do it well in the short.

qwertyskates

Medalist
This season most of the pairs' LPs are extremely boring and slow...not sure why, but it's not holding my interest :(

Boring and slow is safer than fast and higher possibility for mistakes. Not to mention you can recycle choreography and cobble parts of old programs to make something "new".

I think PCS should include one more criteria, Creativity/Originality.:luv17:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
They aren't really ready to do edgy programs yet. give them time, they are young. But they do seem to be some of the nicest people.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I always love the Rostelecom cameraman, then can always spot "the audience" :agree:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Why are Pairs programs so predictable and conservative? Ice dancing is more interesting in how it's developed.

Pairs is the riskiest discipline, so I kind of understand the conservativeness because safety comes first. When skaters hit their BIG elements, that wow me as they are alone. I like previous CD and current SD, but for FD, not so much...dull FD routines bore me. That is why I prefer watching pairs to ice dance.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Do more Russian skaters watch skating in the audience than other nationalities or does the COR camera operator just look for them more than other GPs? I may be wrong but it always seems I notice more skater spectators in Russia.