Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
11 - 13 Nov 2016
Paris, France

Short Dance
Friday, November 11, 2016 17:00 UTC +1

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Entries

No.NameNation
1Viktoria KAVALIOVA / Yurii BIELIAIEV
SD Blues: Hello by Adele; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Sergei Dravitski
FD Take Care of Business by Nina Simone, The Unfinished Kiss by Daniel Pemberton, Circular Story by Daniel Pemberton, Take You Down by Daniel Pemberton; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Sergei Dravitski
BLR
2Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
SD Blues: Oh What a Night for Dancing by Barry White, Vance Wilson, Disco: Disco Inferno by Leroy Green and Ron Kersey; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
FD Argentine Tango: " Con Buena Onda by Daniel Lomuto, Ernesto Baffa, Hector M. Arce;" choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs
CAN
3Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA
SD Blues: "Summertime," performed by Renée Olstead, Swing: "Diga Diga Do," performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD "Kay by Carmine Coppola, A New Carpet by Carmine Coppola, The Immigrant (Main Title) by Nino Rota, Godfather Waltz (from "The Godfather" soundtrack) by Nino Rota, Finale (from "The Godfather" soundtrack) by Nino Rota; choreo by Igor Shpilband
CZE
4Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Pierre SOUQUET
SD "Treat Me Rough" by Debbie Gravitte, "Rhythm by Casey McGill and the Spirits of Rhythm;" choreo by. Diana Ribas, O. Schoenfelder, C. Giordani
FD Trees by Max Richter, Summer by Max Richter (a 'recomposed' version of Vivaldi's Four Seasons),Love Actually (soundtrack suite) by Craig Armstrong; choreo by Diana Ribas, O. Schoenfelder, C. Giordani
FRA
5Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
SD The way you make me feel performed by Judith Hill; The way you make me feel performed by Michael Jackson; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
FD Tonight by Elton John; Sorry seems to be the hardest word by Elton John; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer
FRA
6Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
SD Blues: Bittersweet by Lene Riebau, Maxim Illion perf. by Club des Belugas, Swing: Diga Diga Doo by Dorthy Fields, Jimmy McHugh perf. by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; ; choreo by Romain Haguenauer, Marie-France Dubreuil
FD Stillness by Nest, Oddudua by Aldo Lopez Gavilan, Happiness Does Not Wait by Olafur Arnalds; choreo by Romain Haguenauer, Marie-France Dubreuil
FRA
7Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO
SD Blues: "Real Life" by The Weeknd, Hip-Hop: "Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Pas de deux from "The Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski choreo by Igor Shpilband
ISR
8Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
SD Blues: Big, Bad Love," performed by Ray Charles & Diana Ross, and Swing: "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Louis Prima; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Antonio Najarro
FD 'Slumdog Millionaire (soundtrack), Ang Laga De by Aditi Paul; choreo by Elena Kustarova, Antonio Najarro
RUS
9Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN
SD Blues: Only You by Buck Ram, Swing: Tutti Frutti by Little Richard; choreo by Greg Zuerlein, Adrienne Lenda
FD Droit de Cite by Raphael Beau ("Micmacs" soundtrack), Sur le mesure by Hugues Le Bars, Diabolique by Raphael Beau ("Micmacs" soundtrack); choreo by Greg Zuerlein, Adrienne Lenda
UKR
10Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
SD Blues: "Feelin' Good" by Nina Simone; Hip Hop: "Hammer Time (Can't Touch This)" by MC Hammer
"Push It," by Salt N Pepa, "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot; "Apache (Jump On It)" by Sugarhill Gang; and "Turn Down for What" by DJ Snake & Lil Jon;. choreo. by Samuel Chouinard
FD Love Medley by various artists: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," performed by Bootstraps, "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You," performed by Ingrid Michaelson, "Earned It," by Bootstraps; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
USA

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
So many teams I like will compete! :cheer:

with Disco Diane with colourful hair and sequins and Disco Reggie from the 70's couch (wearing it) accessorized with cool moustache on the top of that list :cheer:

ETA - 1000 posts for me :cheer: :drama::hb:, I had my break periods from GS, my posts are maybe not very good, not very frequent as I would have them to be, but regardless - the forum is giving me so much fun and so much knowledge from you posts guys. It's great to have so many people a bit crazy over figure skating to share my passion for it, off to go for another 1000!

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
So shall we expect a record breaking SD score of 80 here? Or is that being reserved for GPF?

Sackie

Medalist
I would say it is too early for an 80 score yet! They have to save something for GPF and worlds.
But I expect H\D SD score to jump by 3-4 points to assure they make the GPF. So with that in mind P/C score will have to be higher -close to 77/78 in comparison.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
But I expect H\D SD score to jump by 3-4 points to assure they make the GPF. So with that in mind P/C score will have to be higher -close to 77/78 in comparison.

Without a win, Hubbell & Donahue's score here cannot assure they make the GPF unless they outscore Chock & Bates's total. (They are over ten points behind C&B's lowest score at the moment and would have to defeat their high score by over ten points. It won't happen).

The placement for H&D in France is far more important for their chances than the score. Defeating Gilles & Poirier would make a huge difference in H&D's chances. If they lose to G&P, then H&D will fall beneath them in the rankings and likely wind up out of the Final. If they place second in France ahead of G&P, H&D have an excellent shot of getting in.

Regardless H&D would still need to wait to see what happens with the Shibs, Weaver & Poje, and Sinitsina & Katsalapov in China. W&P have a shot to win in China. If they place second there, they will not be able to pass a second place H&D regardless of the score. So, again, it's the placement that matters the most for H&D. The score, however, will likely matter a lot to Gilles & Poirier if they finish second in France.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
And another nail in the coffin - the draw is not good for G/P and better for H/D!
I really think they should go back to some sort of seeding. At least group the top 6 seeds so they are assured of skating in the final group.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And another nail in the coffin - the draw is not good for G/P and better for H/D!
I really think they should go back to some sort of seeding. At least group the top 6 seeds so they are assured of skating in the final group.

G/P should be close enough after SD anyway and can always pass H/D in FD if they skate well :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Only if you believe that starting earlier is a handicap.

Personally I think it's unproven superstitious nonsense, made up by malcontents to "explain" why their favourites don't get the scores they think they "deserve".

I have never seen anything approaching a proof that it happens. Even if it does indeed happen, I don't see it being as often and routine as some would have us believe. And indeed there have been glaring examples of skaters scoring very highly despite skating early (or late skaters scoring poorly). Oh, but of course those are explained by "home cooking", "reputation", "strong feds", whatever... because when one unproven conspiracy theory fails, there's always another one to turn to instead... :p

When people present convincing evidence of under/over scoring... based on actual protocols, the ISU rules, and video evidence... THEN is the time to look for conspiracies. And I will pick up my pitchfork and burning torch too. But not before there is proof. And certainly not before a competition even started...

Last edited:

robredo40

On the Ice
gilles and Poirier should easily beat Hubbel and Donahue if the judging is fair and their sd is the best this year deserves at least 73-74 points if skated cleanly.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I don't think this is a wild prediction by any means, but I think P/C will score around 77-80+ in the SD and 115+ in the FD. Of course I could be wrong.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Can't wait for G/P and I/Z!! I hope they're doing well. :clapper:
I'm not a fan, but I must admit I'm looking forward to P/C and H/D programmes.
Just a little concerned that Piper and Paul start so early.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only if you believe that starting earlier is a handicap.

Personally I think it's unproven superstitious nonsense, made up by malcontents to "explain" why their favourites don't get the scores they think they "deserve".

I have never seen anything approaching a proof that it happens. Even if it does indeed happen, I don't see it being as often and routine as some would have us believe. And indeed there have been glaring examples of skaters scoring very highly despite skating early (or late skaters scoring poorly). Oh, but of course those are explained by "home cooking", "reputation", "strong feds", whatever... because when one unproven conspiracy theory fails, there's always another one to turn to instead... :p

Sometimes it's a matter of taste, because our taste (including the judges') affects our perceptions of "underscored." It's not necessarily conspiracy theory.

For instance, the B.Esp. guys said at Worlds that they both felt Ashley's SP could/should have been scored higher. She wasn't in the final group, and I think that could have made a difference. Of course, I realize that world ranking did affect her starting position in that instance.

But it's also about whether one loves, likes, tolerates, feels "meh" about or dislikes a certain skater's style. It's funny, because if I were to offer the opinion the B.Esp. guys did here in the forum, I know for sure that I'd be metaphorically pelted with rotten apples, rocks, etc. However, I do agree with it 100%.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aaaaannnnd, to get back on topic, I can hardly wait to see Gabrielle/Guilliame, Piper/Paul, Elena/Ruslan, and Madi/Zach tomorrow.

Good luck to all!:cheer: