Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
11 - 13 Nov 2016
Paris, France

Pairs Short Program
Friday, November 11, 2016 15:30 UTC +1

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Entries

No.NameNation
1Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP Turn To Stone performed by Ingrid Michaelson; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Mika Medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
2Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP Earned It by The Weeknd from the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack (arranged by Maxine Rodriguez); choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
LP The Sound of Silence by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, performed by Disturbed (arranged by Maxine Rodriguez); choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
FRA
3Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP That Man by Caro Emerald; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
LP Lighthouse by Patrick Watson; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
GER
4Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP GLAM (electro-swing remix) by Dimie Cat; choreo by Alla Kapranova, A. Gazsi (SP), P. Tchernyshev (SP)
LP "Music" by John Miles; choreo by Alla Kapranova
RUS
5Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP The Blizzard by Georgi Sviridov; choreo by Alla Kapranova
LP Cry Me a River by Michael Bublé; choreo by Alla Kapranova
RUS
6Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
SP Fallin' by Alicia Keys; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS Don't Stop Believin'; Open Arms; Any Way You Want It, by Journey; choreo. by Julie Marcotte
USA

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No matter how many times I see it, it's still depressing. Still can't believe somone would reduce already small field to even smaller one :disapp:

eta

Medalist
I've been watching less pairs competitions this season because I'm constantly being reminded of the absence of Sui/Han :cry:

Good luck to all the pairs, hope nobody (else) gets injured.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
This is a tiny field, 50% of the couples will end up on the podium. It will be interesting to see how T/M perform here after their disappointing free in SA. I wonder will we see the quad twist? I enjoyed S/M's short in Russia, the free not as much but I felt both performances were over marked from a PCS point view. Still I would have them as favourites here.

It will be a battle between J/C and Z/E for the final spot on the podium. I was impressed with Z/E in Russia. J/C also didn't have a great free in SA but hopefully they can bounce back here, I don't want to see Morgan sulking in the K&C. It strikes me a fiery relationship, they have some public blow ups and other times when you see social media posts I kinda think they could be a couple. Still I like them and they have really up the ante on the tech side this year.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
No matter how many times I see it, it's still depressing. Still can't believe somone would reduce already small field to even smaller one :disapp:

I wonder how much money the FFSG would save by withdrawing their own skaters who might need international exposures and experience to grow more. Even before the FFSG lost the sponsorship of Eric Bombard, they didn't fill the host pick spots in full or not even in half. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've been watching less pairs competitions this season because I'm constantly being reminded of the absence of Sui/Han :cry:

Good luck to all the pairs, hope nobody (else) gets injured.

Sui/Han were not initially assigned to the event, but to Skate America and Cup of China. Though I can understand your sentiment. The absence of Stolbova/Klimov and Volosozhar/Trankov from the top tier and Scimeca/Knierim and KMT/MM from the middle tier make this season's pair competitions less exciting to watch than ever.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Is it too late to sign up with my GF? We would ultimately come last, but we could be the 7th pair!

eta

Medalist
Sui/Han were not initially assigned to the event, but to Skate America and Cup of China. Though I can understand your sentiment. The absence of Stolbova/Klimov and Volosozhar/Trankov from the top tier and Scimeca/Knierim and KMT/MM from the middle tier make this season's pair competitions less exciting to watch than ever.

Yeah, plus I don't know if Kavaguti/Smirnov are completely recovered, this season is really not great for pairs. Though I am curious to see how the "new" Chinese pairs develop.

Only six pairs here, that's just too sad...

QuadThrow

Medalist
In spite of the abscence of many pairs this field is quite nice and interesting.

S/M are defintily the favourites. Their programs are the best and they can beat T/M even with a fall at a big element. But in Moscow so many things went wrong that I am quite concerned. Their Triple Axel is just massive. Maybe too massive.

IMO T/M will go for the Quad Twist again. It has not been worth it so far, because her rotation has been too slow. But they need this element in the future if they want to medal in 2018.

I really like J/C. Conerning choreography they are at S/M´s level (logical. Zimmermann/Fontana choreographed all programs). But they should ditch the Quad and go for clean programs.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
This event is really one of my favorites because of S/M, T/M, J/C and Marissa and Mervin. C/T have also very good choreography and good skating and not just elements and I am waiting for the day to see them skate clean.

campgold

Rinkside
I so hope that Castelli/Tran come in and shock everyone with 2 clean skates! They need to get some confidence, I really feel like they have the physical ability but mentally they are killing themselves. They have a certain spark skating together that I love to see, I also enjoy their speed.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Having seen them live at CoR last week, I can't wait to cheer on Mozer Team Nr 3 Zabiiako/Enbert again. They can really surprise with beautiful moves.
My faves are Tarasova/Morozov and I wish them all the best. Of course, it's going to be very tough against Savchenko/Massot. In that small field, Group 2 is really a bit like a gladiator showdown.
I have a soft spot for C/T and would love to see them finish better than sixth.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Having seen them live at CoR last week, I can't wait to cheer on Mozer Team Nr 3 Zabiiako/Enbert again. They can really surprise with beautiful moves.
My faves are Tarasova/Morozov and I wish them all the best. Of course, it's going to be very tough against Savchenko/Massot. In that small field, Group 2 is really a bit like a gladiator showdown.
I have a soft spot for C/T and would love to see them finish better than sixth.

Well, C/T will likely beat Ziegler/Kiefer, regardless if they beat anyone else, but I hope they do beat someone else.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I won't be home during Pairs, so good luck to all teams! I hope there will be better showing than CoR :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yack! I got that messed up. I thought it was Dance first.

Okay Good morning, afternoon, evening and night to all.

Go all pairs with no crashy twists or aborted lifts.