2016 Trophée de France Mens FS | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Mens FS

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wish one day ISU realizes that having similar marks for all 5 PCS categories does not make sense. Someone can have high SS and low PE that particular day, for example. Just saying... Although I complained about few judging decisions, I enjoyed FS. Congrats for Javi, Denis and Adam! I actually LOVED Nathan's program. His and Mura's are the ones I repeat most. I'm so happy for my man, Takahito with that wonderful FS and his new sexy hair. :love:
Oh I'm still mad at that ice condition though. Skaters' safety MUST come first, no matter what!! :dev2:

Thanks for the great analysis! I agree with all your points! Some fans have argued in past Javi doesn't have much TR which is not true, he just does a lot of CO simultanously :) And welcome to Takahito's Hair Fan Club! I think he is under appreciated too, especially now that Shoma has appeared, though I can't see where excatly he is so much better than Mura (ok, now he does 4F, but last season he didn't have that). I think they're quite equally good and I prefer Mura's programs this season for sure!

qwertyskates

Medalist
Geek On Ice, that was awesome!:agree:

I agree with your observations.

Me too, I prefer Mura over Shoma. Mura works so hard, his programs are very difficult, and he never gives up. He isn't the most consistent skater but when he nails it he really delivers. I didn't like his programs as much before, POTO, etc. but now that Charlie White is choreographing for him, Mura is looking special!:love:

Your CO/TR breakdown is impressive. This helps me understand why I prefer Patrick and Mura (but only this season as I used to dislike Mura's programs) over Javier and Shoma. I also like the new kids like Chen and Jin - they pack alot in between, not as much as the veterans, but still they try.

Last edited:

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Thank you so much, Crossover, Interspectator, cathlen and qwertyskates!! :yahoo:

I'm so happy that my analysis was okay! Phew...
Yes, I was trying very hard to be objective, because if I'm not careful my love for Mura oozes out! :luv17:
On a serious note, it's not only because Mura is my favorite skater and not always winning. (TBH I love him no matter how he does. I don't love him for his medals, you know.) OTOH there are skaters I like AND winning but I still question their scores sometimes. For example, I feel the same way, if not stronger, about Jump GOE for ladies too. IMO we are losing diversity and "pure" technique, if we keep rewarding only certain types of skaters.

Thanks for the great analysis! I agree with all your points! Some fans have argued in past Javi doesn't have much TR which is not true, he just does a lot of CO simultanously :)

Thank you! After the analysis I was thinking why I was so surprised by # of Javi's CO and I think you're right, he does mix turns & skating movement with his CO. Also Javi and Mura do not do too many CO in a row and their upper body stays still. Where I found Adam and Nathan often did 3 in quicker pace, giving stronger impressions of "stroking".

And welcome to Takahito's Hair Fan Club! I think he is under appreciated too, especially now that Shoma has appeared, though I can't see where excatly he is so much better than Mura (ok, now he does 4F, but last season he didn't have that). I think they're quite equally good and I prefer Mura's programs this season for sure!

Yay, I am now the official member of "Takahito's Hair Fan Club"!! (I wonder if we ever going to have "Takahito's Costume Fan Club"...) :scratch3:
And I totally agree with your point about Mura/Shoma (which probably I cannot say in a Japanese forum... hush hush. You don't know how happy I am, finally being able to share this thoughts!). I really like Shoma, but even with 4F, after watching Nathan's beautiful "pure" 4F, his jumping technique needs some improvement IMO. (In an interview Shoma said he knows it too and plans to work on it.)

Me too, I prefer Mura over Shoma. Mura works so hard, his programs are very difficult, and he never gives up. He isn't the most consistent skater but when he nails it he really delivers. I didn't like his programs as much before, POTO, etc. but now that Charlie White is choreographing for him, Mura is looking special!:love:

It makes me so happy to know that Takahito's hard work is acknowledged! I actually think non-Japanese fans/media is more kind to him sometimes... :rolleye:
Yes, working with Charlie sure made a huge impact on Mura as a skater!

Your CO/TR breakdown is impressive. This helps me understand why I prefer Patrick and Mura (but only this season as I used to dislike Mura's programs) over Javier and Shoma. I also like the new kids like Chen and Jin - they pack alot in between, not as much as the veterans, but still they try.

I'm so glad to hear that! Thank you! I don't like when people are quick to label skaters with just stereotype impressions that is why I wanted to present at least bit more detailed analysis. I do prefer skaters with stronger skating skill too. And I actually love Jin & Chen too! Again, many think that they are just young jumping beans, but they have much more potential than that IMO.
I also love Han Yan! Better luck for Jin & Han Yan at CoC!! :cheer:

Okay, I'd better change gears towards CoC now! So looking forward to it, many of my favorite skaters!
Thanks you guys again for your kind comments for a newbie like me!
:thank:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Thank you so much, Crossover, Interspectator, cathlen and qwertyskates!! :yahoo:

I'm so happy that my analysis was okay! Phew...
Yes, I was trying very hard to be objective, because if I'm not careful my love for Mura oozes out! :luv17:
On a serious note, it's not only because Mura is my favorite skater and not always winning. (TBH I love him no matter how he does. I don't love him for his medals, you know.) OTOH there are skaters I like AND winning but I still question their scores sometimes. For example, I feel the same way, if not stronger, about Jump GOE for ladies too. IMO we are losing diversity and "pure" technique, if we keep rewarding only certain types of skaters.
You're so welcomed, and I'm grateful for detailed, expert and informed posts like yours. You don't just go with the judges' conclusions, and have been very fair and objective about what you like in the skaters, though of course we will have our own favourites.

Mura didn't stand out as much before because he wasn't given good material to showcase his abilities. I'm noticing that many men, including Jason, Adam, and now Mura and Denis are doing more experimental and non-conventional programs with really outstanding results. The creativity is inspiring, I hope to see more as judges start rewarding these.

Your posts educate me about the sport, so keep posting, I look forward so much to them.:thank:

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Maybe it's too late to talk about TDF, but here are my thoughts and breakdown of scores of Men FS. Sorry if there is any mistake!
Please note, this is just my personal opinion and I'm not bashing any skaters. :)

BV+GOE=TES TOP 5
BV (Jump/Spin/Step)GOE (Jump/Spin/Step)TotalDed.
1. FERNANDEZ87.39 (72.49/9.60/5.30)10.14 (4.99/1.98/3.14)97.53-1.00
2. RIPPON81.17 (65.67/10.20/5.30)13.47 (7.86/3.00/2.61)94.64
3. CHEN96.70 (81.70/9.70/5.30)-2.11 (-5.34/1.57/1.66)94.59-2.00
4. TEN79.08 (63.88/9.30/5.90)14.31 (8.25/2.36/3.70)93.39
5. MURA82.28 (67.58/8.80/5.90)7.56 (3.93/1.53/2.10)89.84-1.00

TEN had lower BV but got most GOE and RIPPON next. CHEN had highest BV but negative GOE.

JUMP TOP 5 - Total(BV/GOE)
1.FERNANDEZ 77.48(72.49/4.99)2.CHEN 76.36(81.70/-5.34)3.RIPPON 73.53(65.67/7.86)4.TEN 72.13(63.88/8.25)5.MURA 71.51(67.58/3.93)

FERNANDEZ(-3), MURA(-2.1) and CHEN(-8) had falls. IMO it was generous for RIPPON/TEN. Their jumps were good but not fantastic. Adam had long prep for few jumps, Denis had few shaky landings. MURA had a fall/e, so not so much this time, but I've always been frustrated with his low-balled GOE.

IMO current judging "trends" do NOT appreciate enough of big jumps w/ proper techniques & good speed in/out. Yes, adding entries/exit/tano are the GOE checkboxes, but there are others like "delay (same box as tano)","height/distance (judges seem to give this out like candy but should be more special IMO)","extension on landing (same box as exit)","flow","effortless" and "matching to music"! Quite honestly, if a jump itself is not that clean, then those "extra" sould NOT be counted as it defeats the true meaning of "adding difficulties". Ah... not enough space to talk about this frustration about jump GOE!!

SPIN TOP 5 - Total(BV/GOE)

1.RIPPON 13.20(10.20/3.00)2.HENDRICKX 11.84(9.70/2.14)3.TEN 11.66(9.30/2.36)4.FERNANDEZ 11.58(9.60/1.98)5.CHEN 11.27(9.70/1.57)

RIPPON's spins were gorgeous!! His positions matched the bird theme so well. IMO FERNANDEZ's spins were not that great.

StSq+ChSq TOP 5 - Total (BV/GOE)
1.TEN 9.60(5.90/3.70)2.FERNANDEZ 8.44(5.30/3.14)3.GE
(5.30/3.03)
4.MURA 8.00(5.90/2.10)5.RIPPON 7.91(5.30/2.61)

TEN sure does not waste any note or nuance of music! GE had a PERFECT GOE for his beautiful ChSq!! I loved MURA's soft upper body w/ deep edge! Denis and Mura are the only LVL4. Not sure about Javi's GOE. Charming as always, but slow and labored IMO.

SS TOP 5
1.FERNANDEZ 9.182.TEN 8.793.RIPPON 8.684.MURA 8.465.CHEN 8.11

I like FERNANDEZ's skating, but it's a bit overrated IMO. OTOH MURA's skating skill is so underrated. Not saying he's as good as Patrick (nobody is!) but pretty good. His strokes are so strong that he only needs few to go across the ice. (This may be why people often think he just skates w/o any transions.) Also w/ excellent control & deep edge, going in different direction smoothly. Also I actually think CHEN has better skating skill than RIPPON, because he manages this direction changes better w/ deeper edge.

Just because skaters are artistic, it does not makes them better at skating skill automatically. Or vice versa. Just because they're jumpers it does not make them less at skating skill either. Skating skill deals athletic aspects. I just don't like this stereotype impression.

TR TOP 5
1.FERNANDEZ 9.142.RIPPON 8.323.TEN 8.074.MURA 7.795.CHEN/GE 7.61

Me not happy at all. I think TEN/MURA deserved more, or it was way too generous to RIPPON. IMO it's another stereotype. Just because they go for difficult jumps or do not have "showy" movement, it doesn't mean that they don't do stuff in b/w. IMO transitions using blades should be valued as much as, or even more than, upper body movement. So I actually counted strokes and turns of top 5 skaters. (There may be few mistakes, hard to concentrate when beautiful programs are going on!)

Bwd. CrossFwd. CrossTurnsMajor skating movement
FERNANDEZ2216452 Ina, Lunge, Few choreographic routines
RIPPON3012362 Walley, Choreographic routine after 3A+2T
TEN19653Choreographic routine after 2nd spin
MURA16651Choreographic routine after first spin
CHEN28643Choreographic routine at start
GE341036Ina, Few eagle

I'm not bashing, really. But Adam does too many basic crossovers and less turns than others, for that score. Yes, his performance was beautiful, but rather empty in terms of transition IMO. I actually feel the same way about Shoma's program too. (Because they are artistic in presentation, judges are mesmerized & deceived maybe?) Javi does more choreographic routines, thus high marks I guess, but he also does CO a lot, I was surprised.

PE TOP 5
1.FERNANDEZ 9.042.RIPPON 8.963.TEN 8.934.MURA 8.215.GE 8.14

IMO RIPPON should be above FERNANDEZ. Adam's commitment to the performance was something. Javi may be tired from CoR and that nasty fall seemed to drain his energy slightly. TEN's intense concentration gave me chills, but ATST, he looked nervous. I don't blame him, coming back from injuries. Welcome back, Denis!! Oh, Takahito, please look up more! You're a lot sexier than you think!

CO TOP 5
1.FERNANDEZ 9.392.RIPPON 8.753.TEN 8.684.GE 8.115.MURA/CHEN 8.07

I never fully understood what's been evaluated here since they changed from CH/CO to CO. Does it still evaluate choreography too?

IN TOP 5

1.FERNANDEZ 9.392.RIPPON 9.113.TEN 8.864.GE 8.325.MURA 8.07

RIPPON should be above FERNANDEZ IMO. Although I am not a big fan of too much "literal miming", Adam WAS a beautiful bird throughout the program w/ gorgeous arms. Javi was more "Javi than Elvis" maybe. TEN's musicality is always brilliant. I wish GE and MURA had higher mark. It's difficult to be noticed than more obvious interpretation (like Adam or Javi's), but these two presented great interpretation of music, Misha w/ beautiful ballet-like movement and Mura w/ heavy strokes accentuated with soft hands. (Not in TOP5 but CHEN's interpretation was great too!)

I wish one day ISU realizes that having similar marks for all 5 PCS categories does not make sense. Someone can have high SS and low PE that particular day, for example. Just saying... Although I complained about few judging decisions, I enjoyed FS. Congrats for Javi, Denis and Adam! I actually LOVED Nathan's program. His and Mura's are the ones I repeat most. I'm so happy for my man, Takahito with that wonderful FS and his new sexy hair. :love:
Oh I'm still mad at that ice condition though. Skaters' safety MUST come first, no matter what!! :dev2:

Geek on Ice: thank you so much for this really interesting analysis. I'm sure it was a ton of work! If you are so inclined, I would love to see your analysis for the men at COC and NHK. Since these competitions will determine who makes GPF, it would be super interesting.

Thank you!

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Thank you so much, @Geek On Ice for your colorful, insightful, and thorough analysis!!!:agree: (I know how hard it is to draw a table like this here ..... )

Maybe it's too late to talk about TDF, but here are my thoughts and breakdown of scores of Men FS. Sorry if there is any mistake!
Please note, this is just my personal opinion and I'm not bashing any skaters. :)

StSq+ChSq TOP 5 - Total (BV/GOE)
1.TEN 9.60(5.90/3.70)2.FERNANDEZ 8.44(5.30/3.14)3.GE
(5.30/3.03)
4.MURA 8.00(5.90/2.10)5.RIPPON 7.91(5.30/2.61)

TEN sure does not waste any note or nuance of music! GE had a PERFECT GOE for his beautiful ChSq!! I loved MURA's soft upper body w/ deep edge! Denis and Mura are the only LVL4. Not sure about Javi's GOE. Charming as always, but slow and labored IMO.

I did not know that these two are the ones who received lv 4. in steps. Great!! Mura has grown on me so much especially at this competition, especially the steps .:luv17:

SS TOP 5
1.FERNANDEZ 9.182.TEN 8.793.RIPPON 8.684.MURA 8.465.CHEN 8.11

I like FERNANDEZ's skating, but it's a bit overrated IMO. OTOH MURA's skating skill is so underrated. Not saying he's as good as Patrick (nobody is!) but pretty good. His strokes are so strong that he only needs few to go across the ice. (This may be why people often think he just skates w/o any transions.) Also w/ excellent control & deep edge, going in different direction smoothly. Also I actually think CHEN has better skating skill than RIPPON, because he manages this direction changes better w/ deeper edge.

Just because skaters are artistic, it does not makes them better at skating skill automatically. Or vice versa. Just because they're jumpers it does not make them less at skating skill either. Skating skill deals athletic aspects. I just don't like this stereotype impression.
SPEECH!!!:thumbsup:
Again, Mura! I did not notice he had such a strong SS until this season. His movement at times looked too labored, heavy, and little slow... But NO!! A bariton has been singing tenor!! His edge is deep with good weight, hence he needed a program and music that responds to his own body rhythm! I am so happy he found the right choreographer who paid attention to his asset and capitalized it. Still, the program needs little more power and stamina to pull through. He has his work cut out, which is to be a super human!:)

Also, it makes me think how hard the skaters with less-than-desirable SS have to work to sell the program and connect to the audiences. It is a huge gift and/or a special set of skills, which needs to be recognized and judged separately in PE/IN.

It was a well skated men's event. Everyone brought something different, done all successfully. It is so nice to re-live/re-appreciate the event with the figures you provided with the well-though-out perspectives.

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Thank you, qwertyskates, Tavi... and MIM! :hap93:

I am no expert though... still lots and lots to learn!! :eek::
But for sure, I'm already loving it here, sharing thoughts with other knowledgeable experts and enthusiastic figure skating fans like you!

thank you so much for this really interesting analysis. I'm sure it was a ton of work! If you are so inclined, I would love to see your analysis for the men at COC and NHK.

Thank you! I'm making a template for an analysis now, so I hope to do the similar analysis for future events. I only did TOP 5 this time, but IF I have time, maybe I'd like to do for all. Because there are so many wonderful skaters who may not always be on podium and often get unnoticed. More I learn about those hard working "unsung" skaters, more I wish judging system improve some aspects to assess their talent fairly.

Mura didn't stand out as much before because he wasn't given good material to showcase his abilities. I'm noticing that many men, including Jason, Adam, and now Mura and Denis are doing more experimental and non-conventional programs with really outstanding results. The creativity is inspiring, I hope to see more as judges start rewarding these.

Again, Mura! I did not notice he had such a strong SS until this season. His movement at times looked too labored, heavy, and little slow... But NO!! A bariton has been singing tenor!! His edge is deep with good weight, hence he needed a program and music that responds to his own body rhythm! I am so happy he found the right choreographer who paid attention to his asset and capitalized it. Still, the program needs little more power and stamina to pull through. He has his work cut out, which is to be a super human!:)

What you two said, made me realize the importance for a skater to meet a right person/program at a right time. (Jason w/ Rohene, Adam w/ Benji too. I actually think it was kind of refreshing to see Denis w/ Morozov, away from Lori...) Charlie is trying to maximize the quality that I always loved about Mura (but not showcased well in the past like you guys said) and that shows his dedication, passion and sincerity as a choreographer which I have a deep respect for. Takahito is going to see Charlie, to brush up his program before JP Nat. So looking forward to see version 2.0, maybe with beautiful 4S like this one, maybe!? (I wish FULL recovery from his ankle injury FIRST though!) :yes2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMrSnquA0Qj/

Also, it makes me think how hard the skaters with less-than-desirable SS have to work to sell the program and connect to the audiences. It is a huge gift and/or a special set of skills, which needs to be recognized and judged separately in PE/IN.

That is SO true... That is why, I don't like those 5 PCS scores getting too similar. Everyone has strength/weakness and that is what makes this colorful, diverse skating world!

Okay, see I cannot stop talking about this beautiful sport we all love!!
Your warm welcome made my day! Thank you again!!
:thank:

qwertyskates

Medalist
I wonder if you (Geek On Ice) could do a separate Totally Geek Thread (kind of like a Mini Edge for the event which is also open to everyone of course, to contribute, debate, etc. ) for each GP since you're putting so much efforts into the tables, data analysis and comparison? This might be helpful for not only us fans but also skaters to find during and after the event?:luv17:

This will really keep track of empirical data for opinions, eg tracking when did BV skyrocket, when did PCS got inflated, that we all debated about over several seasons leading to next Olympics? What do you think?

Last edited:

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Thank you so much, qwertyskates!

I wonder if you (Geek On Ice) could do a separate Totally Geek Thread (kind of like a Mini Edge for the event which is also open to everyone of course, to contribute, debate, etc. ) for each GP since you're putting so much efforts into the tables, data analysis and comparison? This might be helpful for not only us fans but also skaters to find during and after the event?:luv17:

This will really keep track of empirical data for opinions, eg tracking when did BV skyrocket, when did PCS got inflated, that we all debated about over several seasons leading to next Olympics? What do you think?

I'm so so so glad that you liked that analysis. :eek::
But is it okay for a newbie like me to start new thread??? Don't I need permission? :confused:
Now that you suggested though, I actually felt bad for my long post, taking up space & breaking up discussions, so maybe it is better if I have a separate thread. (If I'm allowed.) :agree2:

I'm more than happy to share the data tables, but I think I should omit my comments, because as much as I try to be objective, they are "personal" opinion (often contaminated by :love: "MURA LOVE" :love:). Of course, I will still write comments in a separate post in that thread, along with others discussing the data. This way, any opinion will not interfere when people look at the numbers. What do you think?

So new thread should be on top page of each GP? (eg. "Forum: 2016 Cup of China")
What would be the proper name of the thread?
"2016 Cup of China - Score Analysis"? or
"2016 Cup of China - Breakdown of Scores"??
May I ask your help on the title?? I'm so bad at these things... :hpull:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Thank you so much, qwertyskates!

I'm so so so glad that you liked that analysis. :eek::
But is it okay for a newbie like me to start new thread??? Don't I need permission? :confused:
Now that you suggested though, I actually felt bad for my long post, taking up space & breaking up discussions, so maybe it is better if I have a separate thread. (If I'm allowed.) :agree2:

I'm more than happy to share the data tables, but I think I should omit my comments, because as much as I try to be objective, they are "personal" opinion (often contaminated by :love: "MURA LOVE" :love:). Of course, I will still write comments in a separate post in that thread, along with others discussing the data. This way, any opinion will not interfere when people look at the numbers. What do you think?

So new thread should be on top page of each GP? (eg. "Forum: 2016 Cup of China")
What would be the proper name of the thread?
"2016 Cup of China - Score Analysis"? or
"2016 Cup of China - Breakdown of Scores"??
May I ask your help on the title?? I'm so bad at these things... :hpull:

Most of these regular threads go on to many many pages as the community here is crazy about the sport :laugh:and we can go on endlessly about each competition and so info can definitely get buried.

I can see that many seem to like the statistical-analytical-personal way you have gone about to analyze the FS, and many posters here do go into detailed analysis, counting turns, URs, transitions, crossovers, etc. (again, buried in the long long thread), so I would think that among some of us it would be fascinating to have it as an ongoing feature that collects more specific observations and opinions based on data that is open to everyone to contribute.

Many of us would love to do this as we bicker often over scores and placement, and empirical data would help so much, since with COP it's all about the scores, and even 0.5 pt can mean the difference between a podium placement or not, but it takes so much time to do the cross-tabs, etc., so it's really great that someone is stepping up.

COP has certainly changed the sport - skaters are now attempting more difficult and challenging elements and programs, every point counts, it's not only an aesthetic sport but a numbers game (which is good and bad...good in that it has inched closer towards being a true sport decided by scores, bad in that it might bring about terrible injuries and the artistic aspects are not as easy to tabulate and could gradually take a backseat to technicals)...

I think it would become a helpful resource too, not only for hardcore fans, but also for skaters, coaches, to track over seasons, a companion to the video archives on GS.

You might need permission, but why not start a thread about this at The Edge to see if the mods and other posters would support this?

You should decide the title thread that is to your liking, I would use a fun title that reflects your name and statistical angle eg. "Totally Geek", "Skating Geek", attached to each competition, but I hope others will pitch in with better names, and those of us who enjoy breaking it all down to comprehensible bits can bicker away there. :laugh:

You've got my upvote for this, Crossover also mentioned you should make a separate thread, but I think many others like what you did too, and will support it. :agree:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Separate thread would nice, I agree :) I actually don't think the name of thread will really matter, but there is restrcition to number of characters so it cannot be too long for sure, so maybe "CoC 2016 - Geek Analysis" ? But it's your choice, we'll be happy to just see you analysis, Geek on Ice ;)

Last edited:

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Thank you so much for your input and support, Interspectator, qwertyskates and cathlen!! :thank:

How about this, I will do few more for CoC (in regular Mens SP or Mens FS thread like I did for TDF) first. Right now, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to present this data (ie. changing the layout of table, selecting which data to include/exclude, etc) so a couple more test drive would be nice before making it as an independent thread.

Later on if it becomes a separate thread, the title, as much as I feel so honored and grateful by your suggestions about putting "Geek" somewhere :eek::, maybe it's better to keep it general like "2016 TDF - Score Analysis (Men)". *Although I actually follow all categories closely, currently I probably have time to do this detailed analysis for Men's event only AND if we start to mix the categories, it may become too confusing, so I thought we should put "(Men)".

I'm just so excited about CoC right now! See you all later at CoC thread!! :yay:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Geek On Ice, see you at your thread at COC, I don't think it's a problem as other GSers who compiled videos, etc have started their own threads, and it's so great to have their work as a resource. :thank: See you tomorrow when COC starts!!:yahoo:

MDfsfan

Rinkside
IMHO, I think Adam's Rippon Lutz should almost be worth the equivalent of a quad jump. There's not any other man in the World that does it and it's always the last jump of his program. :clap:

MDfsfan

Rinkside
Does anyone have a link, if it exists, to CBC's coverage of Adam's FP? I can find CBC's video of Javier, Dennis and Nathan's FP's on YouTube, but not Adam's. Don't understand why. Thanks in advance for providing it.

MDfsfan

Rinkside
Thanks you so much for the link. I really appreciate it. :hap85: I don't know if it's my computer or what, but DailyMotion videos always start, stop, start and stop all the way to the end. It's kind of frustrating. :scratch3:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks you so much for the link. I really appreciate it. :hap85: I don't know if it's my computer or what, but DailyMotion videos always start, stop, start and stop all the way to the end. It's kind of frustrating. :scratch3:

I have had that issue with Daily Motion on my desktop, and the constant stuttering makes skating almost unwatchable. On my six year old iMac and 4 gigs of memory. On spousal unit's one year old iMac, 36 gigs and faster processor, I can actually watch with no problem.

I usually default to the iPad app, which also works.