Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
11 - 13 Nov 2016
Paris, France

Men's Free Skate
Saturday, November 12, 2016. 18:15 UTC +1

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Starting Order
StN.NameNationRankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1Artur DMITRIEV
RUS
2Ivan RIGHINI
ITA
3Chafik BESSEGHIER
FRA
4Brendan KERRY
AUS
5Misha GE
UZB
Warm-Up Group 2
6Adam RIPPON
USA
7Takahito MURA
JPN
8Jorik HENDRICKX
BEL
9Nathan CHEN
USA
10Denis TEN
KAZ
11Javier FERNANDEZ
ESP

Entries

No.NameNation
1Brendan KERRY
SP Singin' in the Rain by Arthur Freed and Nacio Herb Brown; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUS
2Jorik HENDRICKX
SP Broken Vow performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Adam Solya
LP The Battle of Life and Death ("Gods and Demons" by Future World Music); choreo by Adam Solya
BEL
3Chafik BESSEGHIER
SP "It's A Man's World" by Seal, choreographed by Allan Schramm, Laurie May
LP 300 BOF by Audio Machine, Tears of the Sun (soundtrack) by John Williams, Aeternae by Globus; choreographed by Allan Schramm, Laurie May
FRA
4Ivan RIGHINI
SP You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban; choreo by Ivan Righini
LP Can't Help Falling in Love With You performed by Elvis Presley, Steamroller Blues performed by Elvis Presley, A Little Less Conversation performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, Barbara Riboldi, Ivan Righini
ITA
5Takahito MURA
SP Zapateado (Flamenco); choreo Massimo Scali
LP Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2; choreo by Charlie White
JPN
6Denis TEN
SP Romeo and Juliet by Sergei Prokofiev (new arrangement); choreo by Nikolai Morozov
LP Tosca by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
KAZ
7Artur DMITRIEV
SP Adagio by Tomaso Albinoni; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
LP Polovetsian Dances by Alexander Borodin; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUS
8Javier FERNANDEZ
SP Malagueña, performed by Paco de Lucia and Placido Domingo; choreo by Antonio Najarro
LP Trouble performed by Elvis Presley, Fever performed by Elvis Presley, Jailhouse Rock performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by David Wilson
ESP
9Nathan CHEN
SP Le Corsaire by Adolphe Adam; choreo by Marina Zoueva
LP “Polovtsian Dances” (from Prince Igor) by Alexander Borodin; choreo by Nadia Kanaeva
USA
10Adam RIPPON
SP Let Me Think About It by Ida Coor vs Fedde le Grand; choreo by Jeff Buttle
LP "Arrival of the Birds" ("Crimson Wing" soundtrack) by The Cinematic Orchestra, "O" by Coldplay; choreo by Benji Schwimmer
USA
11Misha GE
SP "Paint It Black (remake)" by Rolling Stones; choreo by Misha Ge
LP "The Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Misha Ge
UZB

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Nathan Chen!

Denis Ten!

They are in my mystery box. Nathan competed at Finlandia, but I'm curious as to his jump layouts, especially his FS one for his GP debut. If he lands cleanly 4F and 4Lz in the SP, that means he's making history. As for Denis, I hope he is healthy enough to compete here. He is a skater known as a slow starter, so I don't expect much from him honestly. As long as skaters are healthy, many things can be established even if that are not medals.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I wish Adam would get a solid quad. I hate that he needs it but he does, I don't think there is anyway around it now.
A solid clean quad in LP with the two 3axels after the bonus would shoot his score up a lot.

Hoping for podium finishes for the 2 American men.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, I tell you what. The US Men couldn't asked for a better draw. Especially Adam, he'll know exactly what he needs to do before he ever takes the ice. If Javi and Nathan don't skate well ( Which I doubt ) he won't to put in his quad. However, if they both go clean he'll have nothing lose by putting in his Big Lutz and letting the chips fall where may. Looking forward to tomorrow's programs and hoping Misha has strong performance since he'll be skating right after Adam who always seems to please the crowd.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
adam will skate before them mrrice... look at the order .. adam is first in the final flight.

Well, I tell you what. The US Men couldn't asked for a better draw. Especially Adam, he'll know exactly what he needs to do before he ever takes the ice. If Javi and Nathan don't skate well ( Which I doubt ) he won't to put in his quad. However, if they both go clean he'll have nothing lose by putting in his Big Lutz and letting the chips fall where may. Looking forward to tomorrow's programs and hoping Misha has strong performance since he'll be skating right after Adam who always seems to please the crowd.

da96103

Record Breaker
I am ready for Nathan's 5 quad no 3A FS in which Borodin's Polovtsian Dance would eat him up.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
In some ways so called progress really is a downer. Jason Brown and Adam Rippon are really amazing skaters as is Chan but they just aren't super jumpers. Actually they are good jumpers but not at the bigger jumps which there is now an emphasis. I know people love Nathan but to be honest all this hype about him for a while actually and yes the jumps are amazing but I honestly thought he was suppose to be the wonder kid and he is to a point but not nearly as artistic as I was l ed to believe - actualy while I am impressed by the jumps quite a disappointment to me.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
^^ Interesting, not a big problem since they are thankfully not to compete back to back as one Polovtsian and one Elvis in each group.

Anything can't be compared to endless 2014-15's POTO programs in a row at Worlds.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^^ Interesting, not a big problem since they are thankfully not to compete back to back as one Polovtsian and one Elvis in each group.

Anything can't be compared to endless 2014-15's POTO programs in a row at Worlds.

True...luckily, unlike POTO, I enjoy both PD and Elvis (although I can't say I'm a fan of Artur's interpretation of PD, and I certainly hope Nathan's is better than what he put out at Finlandia:drama:)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am ready for Nathan's 5 quad no 3A FS in which Borodin's Polovtsian Dance would eat him up.

That is ridiculous!!!! A thrill in the attempt in itself.. i love it!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

It's going to be quite ridiculous so I am looking forward. Bring me the popcorn. :biggrin: I remember that time when Lambiel was jumping quads but not triple axels at all ...

da96103

Record Breaker
If Nathan's 3A can never be consistent, he can actually do a no-3A FS.

4Lz + 3T
4Lz
4F + 2T
4F
4S
4T
3Lz
3F + 1Lo + 3S

This would really match Polovtsian's big sounds.
Nathan can tell 3A to take a hike.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Also rooting for Denis (even though I didn't pick him) as well as all the men. Fly high and free, gentlemen.