2016 Trophée de France Ladies FS | Page 58 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Ladies FS

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wakaba continues to impress me with her presentation, jumps and over all style. I don't think she'll ever be a strong spinner, but the other areas make up for it. If she goes clean, it could be a close battle between her and Satoko (who I also love) for a spot in the final.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wakaba continues to impress me with her presentation, jumps and over all style. I don't think she'll ever by a strong spinner, but the other areas make up for it. If she goes clean, it could be a close battle between her and Satoko (who I also love) for a spot in the final.

Wish youtube had a slow motion feature. Like others, I am impressed with all facets of her jumps....but I think to appreciate them on a whole 'nother level, one could watch them in slow mo.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wish youtube had a slow motion feature. Like others, I am impressed with all facets of her jumps....but I think to appreciate them on a whole 'nother level, one could watch them in slow mo.

YouTube does have a slow motion feature. Click on the 'dial' on the bottom right of the video (Settings) and then you can change the speed of the video.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
YouTube does have a slow motion feature. Click on the 'dial' on the bottom right of the video (Settings) and then you can change the speed of the video.

Thanks! I clicked the gear wheel and set the speed to .25. It was pretty jerky and a bit blurry but even though its not "network slow mo recap" clear it is a tool I will use now that I know it lives there.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thanks! I clicked the gear wheel and set the speed to .25. It was pretty jerky and a bit blurry but even though its not "network slow mo recap" clear it is a tool I will use now that I know it lives there.

You're very welcome! :) Enjoy the slow-mo videos! ;)

gotoschool

Medalist
I wanted to slap Mao, what on earth is wrong with her???? She is not that.

She has a left knee injury that is causing her chronic pain and she only jumped two triples in the warmup. She has even admitted that her practices are not so good and Coach Sato says she cannot train intensively or the pain will be aggravated further. This has been made public by Coach Sato a number of times but announcers, such as those at eurosport, suspiciously refuse to mention and mislead viewers to believe that she is not injured. I don't think she should be skating and instead I wish she would seek treatment but I guess she is intent on competing but since she cried after the performance I dearly hope she will reconsider competing again until she can recuperate and train intensively.

Last edited:

lavoix

Match Penalty
She has a left knee injury that is causing her chronic pain and she only jumped two triples in the warmup. She has even admitted that her practices are not so good and Coach Sato says she cannot train intensively or the pain will be aggravated further. This has been made public by Coach Sato a number of times but the announcers suspiciously refuse to mention and mislead viewers to believe that she is not injured. I don't think she should be skating and instead I wish she would seek treatment but I guess she is intent on competing but since she cried after the performance I dearly hope she will reconsider competing again until she can recuperate and train intensively.

I thought it would have something to do with injury. She needs to rest!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
She has a left knee injury that is causing her chronic pain and she only jumped two triples in the warmup. She has even admitted that her practices are not so good and Coach Sato says she cannot train intensively or the pain will be aggravated further. This has been made public by Coach Sato a number of times but the announcers suspiciously refuse to mention and mislead viewers to believe that she is not injured. I don't think she should be skating and instead I wish she would seek treatment but I guess she is intent on competing but since she cried after the performance I dearly hope she will reconsider competing again until she can recuperate and train intensively.

I thought it was odd that announcers didnt mention her injury....so sad for her....after the last two performances I had to go back and watch her free skates from the last two seasons....get well, Mao!