Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
11 - 13 Nov 2016
Paris, France

Ladies Free Skate
Saturday, November 12, 2016 20:30 UTC +1

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Starting Order​
StN.NameNationRankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1Mae Berenice MEITE
FRA
2Yuka NAGAI
JPN
3Gracie GOLD
USA
4Anastasia GALUSTYAN
ARM
5Alena LEONOVA
RUS
6Mao ASADA
JPN
Warm-Up Group 2
7So Youn PARK
KOR
8Wakaba HIGUCHI
JPN
9Laurine LECAVELIER
FRA
10Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
RUS
11Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS
12Gabrielle DALEMAN
CAN

Entries

No.NameNation
1Anastasia GALUSTYAN
SP 17 Moments of Spring (soundtrack) by Mikhail Tariverdiev; choreo by Mikhail Zobnin
LP The Colour of the Night by Lauren Christy; choreo by Mikhail Zobnin
ARM
2Gabrielle DALEMAN
SP Acte IV Prelude from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet, Scene XIV Ballet Finale from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin; choreo by Lori Nichol
CAN
3Laurine LECAVELIER
SP Experience by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
LP Grease (musical soundtrack); choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FRA
4Mae Berenice MEITE
SP Goodness by Poddsy, Freedom by Thomas J. Bergersen (Two Steps from Hell); choreo by Shanetta Folle
LP Tristan and Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Shanetta Folle
FRA
5Mao ASADA
SP Danza Ritual del fuego (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP En la cueva - La noche (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla, Pantomime (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla, El aparecido (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla; choreo by Lori Nichol
JPN
6Wakaba HIGUCHI
SP Soundtrack to La Califfa ; choreo. by Shae Lynn Bourne
LP Scheherazade; choreo. by Massimo Scali
JPN
7Yuka NAGAI
SP Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra by Nigel Hess; choreo by Megumi Seki, Rie Takeuchi, Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP "The Ludlows" (from "Legends of the Fall" soundtrack) by James Horner; choreo by Megumi Seki, Rie Takeuchi, Shae-Lynn Bourne"
JPN
8So Youn PARK
SP Man with the Golden Arm (soundtrack); choreo by Cindy Stuart, David Wilson
LP Aranjuez, Mon Amour performed by Nana Mouskouri; choreo by Cindy Stuart, David Wilson
KOR
9Alena LEONOVA
SP "It's Oh So Quiet" by Björk; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov
LP The Four Seasons by Antionio Vivaldi; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov
RUS
10Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
SP "River Flows in You" by Lorenzo de Luca, "The Winter" by Balmorhea; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
LP Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
RUS
11Maria SOTSKOVA
SP Butterflies Are Free by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev, Nikita Mikhailov
LP Adagio by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev, Nikita Mikhailov
RUS
12Gracie GOLD
SP "Assassin's Tango" from Mr & Mrs Smith; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP "Daphnis and Chloé" by Ravel; choreo by Lori Nichol
USA

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not gonna be able to watch this one live but I wanted to pop in and say good luck to the ladies! :cheer: Such a great group in general :love:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Is Gold still doing the Free or do you think she may WD at this point!

Why? she has to finish the competition to show to herself and the judges that she is still a top skater.

After SA she had very little chances here to win the competition beating Medvedeva, so at this point this is more a test of character.

Last edited:

stryke

On the Ice
I hope Evgenia wins this so hard she breaks her free skate record so all you haters and suffer more.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
1. Folks don't give up on Gracie. With the scoring system she could still win. If she skates her best and cleanly she scores high 140's to 150 ish. Medveda say scores 130 -- Gracie wins gold.

2. I know I have admitted i tend to fight for the underdog or the one being picked on ie. Evgenia, Duhamel and Radford, et al. But EVgenia's artistr is not all that bad; it is different and young but her performances or programs do have artistic flair and really I know Mao is great but I am not so sure she deserves such pcs at least for the program still great skating but people even the pony tail - i don't see how it has anything to do with the program or the look and real or not it actually at ties look kind of fake.

4. I wish Mao the best, kind of wish she would take some time off if she is injured ie . Polina E. It is hard to see an icon kind of lose some of that power and authority in her skating - not only jumps but performance.

5. Gabby and Kaetlyn from Canada are kind of my surprise. I will be curious to see if Gabby can skate a reasonably goodlong and podium. She must control those jumps because they are huge and can get away. And imho her programs are good and don't deserve to be hacked or attacked as much as some think, I think she was underscored pc wise in the sp but I suspect if she gets consistent those scores will rise

6. Watch for another great skate for both or one of the French ladies - look at pairs :) I don't think it is just national inflation it is because with the backing of the home nation audience that helps. Other than dance of course where p/c are by far the the world faves.

mary01

Final Flight
Is Mao turning in Fumie Suguri? So sad.

No Mao was injured not long ago, forcing her to skate conservative to not aggravate her injury further, I really hope to see her in topform soon, it looks soo wrong to see her skate soo early, and to see someone of her league receive that kind of low score reaally hurts me a viewer and fan, who has followed her for soo long, so for heaven Mao and gods sake and ofcourse on behalf of the whole the skating community please be back in good condition soon, and show us what you showed early last season, i really want to see her back on top of the podium that's where she belongs!

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Good luck Mao, So Youn, Zhenya, Gracie, Gabby, and all the ladies! :)
Excited to see Mao's step sequence again! :love:

deedee1

Record Breaker
:clapper: Me cheering esp. for Gracie and Mao tonight! :clapper: Anyone interested in joining me? :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who's already having mini-convulsions because of this? (I'm currently attempting to practice viola but I'm so nervous that my hands are shaky.)

Warwick360

Medalist
Eurosport making joke fluff piece of Yuzuru's COC crash few years ago. What a bunch of.....

I can normally understand the humour with skaters failing on this jumps, but this was just low. :palmf:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Eurosport making joke fluff piece of Yuzuru's COC crash few years ago. What a bunch of.....

I can normally understand the humour with skaters failing on this jumps, but this was just low. :palmf:

Yikes, talk about missing the mark, that's low :palmf: