Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
11 - 13 Nov 2016
Paris, France

Ladies Short Program
Friday, November 11, 2016 20:40 UTC +1

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=33&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Starting Order
StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Gracie GOLD
USA
2Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
RUS
3Gabrielle DALEMAN
CAN
4Mao ASADA
JPN
5Alena LEONOVA
RUS
6So Youn PARK
KOR
Warm-Up Group 2
7Mae Berenice MEITE
FRA
8Laurine LECAVELIER
FRA
9Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS
10Anastasia GALUSTYAN
ARM
11Yuka NAGAI
JPN
12Wakaba HIGUCHI
JPN

Entries

No.NameNation
1Anastasia GALUSTYAN
SP 17 Moments of Spring (soundtrack) by Mikhail Tariverdiev; choreo by Mikhail Zobnin
LP The Colour of the Night by Lauren Christy; choreo by Mikhail Zobnin
ARM
2Gabrielle DALEMAN
SP Acte IV Prelude from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet, Scene XIV Ballet Finale from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin; choreo by Lori Nichol
CAN
3Laurine LECAVELIER
SP Experience by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
LP Grease (musical soundtrack); choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FRA
4Mae Berenice MEITE
SP Goodness by Poddsy, Freedom by Thomas J. Bergersen (Two Steps from Hell); choreo by Shanetta Folle
LP Tristan and Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Shanetta Folle
FRA
5Mao ASADA
SP Danza Ritual del fuego (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP En la cueva - La noche (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla, Pantomime (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla, El aparecido (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla; choreo by Lori Nichol
JPN
6Wakaba HIGUCHI
SP Soundtrack to La Califfa ; choreo. by Shae Lynn Bourne
LP Scheherazade; choreo. by Massimo Scali
JPN
7Yuka NAGAI
SP Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra by Nigel Hess; choreo by Megumi Seki, Rie Takeuchi, Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP "The Ludlows" (from "Legends of the Fall" soundtrack) by James Horner; choreo by Megumi Seki, Rie Takeuchi, Shae-Lynn Bourne"
JPN
8So Youn PARK
SP Man with the Golden Arm (soundtrack); choreo by Cindy Stuart, David Wilson
LP Aranjuez, Mon Amour performed by Nana Mouskouri; choreo by Cindy Stuart, David Wilson
KOR
9Alena LEONOVA
SP "It's Oh So Quiet" by Björk; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov
LP The Four Seasons by Antionio Vivaldi; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov
RUS
10Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
SP "River Flows in You" by Lorenzo de Luca, "The Winter" by Balmorhea; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
LP Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, Piano Lesson with Grandma by Alexandre Desplat; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz, Ilia Averbukh
RUS
11Maria SOTSKOVA
SP "Story of an Unknown Actor-Agitato I and Waltz of Farewell" and Concerto Grosso No. 1, V. Rondo: Agitato by Alfred Schnittke
LP Dead Souls "At the Manilov's;" by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev
RUS
12Gracie GOLD
SP "Assassin's Tango" from Mr & Mrs Smith; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP "Daphnis and Chloé" by Ravel; choreo by Lori Nichol
USA

Last edited:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Good luck to all the ladies! In an interview after SA, Mao said something like: "I've got nothing to lose now, so I will really go for it in Trophee de France", which a commentator explained meant she would be trying the triple axel. Will she or won't she? And Wakaba declared that she would beat Mao this year. The sparks are flying! Hope Gracie has a happier skate and everyone brings their A-game. :hap10:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
So many favorite skaters of mine come to compete for their goal in such a deep field.

My big cheers go for Gracie, Wakaba, Gabby, So Youn and Mae, but they are sadly not consistent skaters.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Masha!!! I'm so pumped to see her GP debut. :hap85:

Isn't it nice that the GP has so many likeable skaters in each event. Good luck to everyone! I think the reason I do so poorly in the predictions game is because I honestly like so many athletes and the line between expectation and admiration is a very blurry one. :bow:

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
My big cheers go for So Youn, Mao, Mae, Gabby, and Gracie! :cheer2: Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Wakaba and Maria make their GP debut! :cheer:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie needs this one. Go get ya some girl :cheer:

I think we'll see a better Mao too and that is what my heart needs at this point plain and simple.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Go Masha!!! I'm so pumped to see her GP debut. :hap85:

Isn't it nice that the GP has so many likeable skaters in each event. Good luck to everyone! I think the reason I do so poorly in the predictions game is because I honestly like so many athletes and the line between expectation and admiration is a very blurry one. :bow:

Well said,

the depth is amazing :)

Hopefully Gracie can skate well, but knowing her at European event´s, I am sure of that. Skate well and safe everyone ;)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Gracie's draw is the first of the first group. :slink:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpfra2016/SEG003.HTM

StN. Name Nation

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Gracie GOLD USA
2 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
3 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN
4 Mao ASADA JPN
5 Alena LEONOVA RUS
6 So Youn PARK KOR

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
8 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA
9 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
10 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM
11 Yuka NAGAI JPN
12 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN

Last edited:

loopy

Final Flight
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Gracie is first???? Hang in there girl and fight!

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Maybe it's better for Gracie to be first. No time to build up stress, and the big test for her will likely come in the FP anyway. But wouldn't it spice up the season nicely if she managed beat Zhenia here? :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Gracie is in a perfect position. She'll still be warm and she won't have to hear the crowd screaming for Med should she have a great performance. She also won't have to hear Meds big numbers should she get them. I'm also wondering if all the skaters have a desire to make this a great event after what happened last year. Of all GP's, this is the one that I'd like to see go well for the organizer's. Maybe Gracie will feel like she's going to finish the job that was only halfway completed last year. Who knows. I would like to see a full audience and hope the people of France and the guests from other Countries come out in big numbers to support the event.

Last edited:

loopy

Final Flight
This really is a lovely group of skaters, I cannot wait to watch them all.

Nathan13

Medalist
Gracie is in a perfect position. She'll still be warm and she won't have to hear the crowd screaming for Med should she have a great performance. She also won't have to hear Meds big numbers should she get them. I'm also wondering if all the skaters have a desire to make this a great event after what happened last year. Of all GP's, this is the one that I'd like to see go well for the organizer's. Maybe Gracie will feel like she's going to finish the job that was only halfway completed last year. Who knows. I would like to see a full audience and hope the people of France and the guests from other Countries come out in big numbers to support the event.
I thought the same thing about Gracie being in a good position. I think she genuinely loves her SP, and this won't give her time to over think things. Also, it seems like many are counting her out (even counting her off the World team) this year...I would like to remind them about another skater who had a tragically bad GP season last year and ended up on the World podium.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I thought the same thing about Gracie being in a good position. I think she genuinely loves her SP, and this won't give her time to over think things. Also, it seems like many are counting her out (even counting her off the World team) this year...I would like to remind them about another skater who had a tragically bad GP season last year and ended up on the World podium.

Completely true. Assuming you're talking about Anna Pogorilaya. I had no idea who Pogo was and after hearing about her rough GP season, I was expecting nothing from her until she showed up in that cool dress and Diva'd her way into my heart. I usually hate comparison's but she really does remind me of Butyrskaya and we all know how much Papa loves his Maria......:love:

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
That first group is 🔥
Hope it goes well for everyone

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ladies are starting all guns blazing! Full power in the first group. Could be interesting as skaters in Group 2 know what they are aiming for without the favourite coming last. Could be very exciting. :popcorn:

Come on Gabbi, Zhenja and Masha!!:hap10:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ladies are starting all guns blazing! Full power in the first group. Could be interesting as skaters in Group 2 know what they are aiming for without the favourite coming last. Could be very exciting. :popcorn:

Come on Gabbi, Zhenja and Masha!!:hap10:

There's one skater and the last one to skate that is worth speaking about ready to spoil the party :)

I can see Wakaba Higuchi getting top 3 spot after SP providing judges don't screw her on PCS.

Last edited: