2016 Cup of China Free Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Free Dance

Ice Diva

On the Ice
I just love the Shibs' music and their freedance. Spiegel Im Spiegel to start is quite glorious. Also love Weaver/Poje's free dance. Yes, the upcoming Grand Prix final's going to be a feast for ice dance fans. So much depth!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Yes! Absolutely loved reading your post, NoNameFace, you have a wonderful way with words and of capturing the essence of all of these teams.

:eek::

thank you for your kind words, I tried my best to give my impressions and opinion on those top 5 teams, I'm not so much of technical expert in Ice Dance, but luckily it's not necessary to watch and enjoy the discipline

auser

Record Breaker
Yup. Leslei Browne getting her diva on. :) I do remember that the piece she dances a solo to is by Duke Ellington at his most experimental. Great piece of music that of course, I can't remember the title of!

The River Vortex(I cheated with search engines :eek:::laugh:)

auser

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir doesn't know bubkus about ice dancing, and as a very well paid commentator for a major US television network he should be docked pay for not properly preparing to do his job.
Earlier in his commentating career, Johnny casually mentioned that he would not care to watch ice dance if he wasn't already there sitting through it(or something to that effect). That is why I chose to listen to BBC commentary while watching NBCSN video during the 2014 Olympics ice dance events. :devil:

Last edited: