TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like a little bigger audience today -- thank goodness! :hap10:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This song is so maudlin and overwrought it's getting in the way of me enjoying them. Love the blues in the costume though.

Layback11

Record Breaker
The first time I saw a post mentioning Chen/Zhao, I'm like, "um, you misspelled Shen..." and then it hit me :laugh2:

Ice Dance Opinions #3: Cannuscio/McManus

Pretty. Very #aesthetic. I like their passion and abandon and exuberance. Pretty music. I can hear their edges, which I love. They seem so happy. :luv17:

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i think they did well. The crowd seems to like them. I just can't with the music though. Sorry.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Cannuscio/McManus

I can tell this is going to be easy listening program. She's wearing an easy listening dress- similar to a maudlin contemporary dress but in pastels, not strapless, and with a sweetheart neckline. I- yep, called it. Neat upside down lift position. Neat choreo at the end where they skate to the judges and then change direction. Not something I'll be watching again later

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Better today I think. Good for them. Hope Colin feels better.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Do pairs and ice dance teams have to wear the same brand of skating boot? It seems like you never see one wearing Edeas and the other wearing Jacksons. But not every brand works for every skater? :scratch2: I'm surprised we don't hear more of "boot problems" in these disciplines.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well two fantastic elements for C/M: the rotational lift into the dance spin (a real wowser) and the straight line lift. But I don't understand why they've decided to play it so straight this year. I can't see them holding onto fourth this year at US Nats. Really disappointing, given how interesting and unique and eye-catching their previous FDs have been.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Being the number four ice dance team in the US must be tough. It seems like it'll be mighty difficult to move up from the potato medal position on the podium for the next few years.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
SB for them.

You seem to know this team. Is that a good score for them?

FD score is not bad, but SD was and so overall it's not impressive for them. Btw. They were 4th at US Nationals this year, so I guess they had higher expectation.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Wang/Liu

40s program. He's in a 3 piece suit with no jacket and a pink dress shirt. She's in the closest I've seen to a real dance sport waltze dress in ID- pink and white. Nailed it. Cute fist pump and hopping at the end.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ohhhh boy, this program is making me sleepy too. I'm going to need some Ritalin if I plan on making it through the night.