Alexandra Trusova | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

SkateSkates

Medalist
I think double junior world champion who is 15 already (senior age) deserved this title. Maybe they were waiting until she will be 15 :)
More interesting for me, that she jumped through MS title, which is unusual :)
It's pity for me, that she hadn't that title.

I think she was eligible for it because she placed at Russian senior nationals and won junior worlds in the same season. I don’t remember where I saw this information otherwise I would link it here.

Pracygr

On the Ice
MSMK is a penultimate mastering level.
It usually requires 1-8 place at Olympics or 1-4 place on Worlds. Seniors only.
Interesting how did she get one...
There's a specific list of requirements that Ministry of Sport publishes for every sport they cover. This is the most recent one for figure skating: https://www.minsport.gov.ru/2019/doc/FigurKatanie310119_EVSK2019.xlsx

One of the ways you get MSMK is by placing 1-st at JW and 1-6 place at nationals. Alexandra passes the requirement so she gets the title.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I have a questions abut these ranking MSMK and MS and all that they are called. Do they affect anything relevant (such as funding or fed suport) or is it just an honour? Do the skaters get something tangible for achiveing them?
I am just a non Russian who has no idea and is currious. Please dont be offended by my ignorance

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I have a questions abut these ranking MSMK and MS and all that they are called. Do they affect anything relevant (such as funding or fed suport) or is it just an honour? Do the skaters get something tangible for achiveing them?
I am just a non Russian who has no idea and is currious. Please dont be offended by my ignorance

These ranks are valuable in later life when you continue in your sport as a trainer, coach, judge. And they give the sportsperson other benefits, like entrance to education, and even social advances and privileges, like higher ranking for a new apartment etc.

When Aleksandra medals in the Olympic Games, she will most likely be rewarded Merited Master of Sports, the highest rank available.

Arbitrary

Medalist

MS - Master of Sport (some money every month, till the necessary level hold)
MSMK aka IMS - Master of Sport International Level (more money, till the necessary level hold).
ZMS aka MMS - Merited Master of Sport. Usually OGoldM is enough but lesser achievements also possible (especially in football or honorable). Some substantial money for life.

ZT aka MC - Merited Coach. Usually a couch of OGoldM, few OG medalists/team or lesser in some sports.

In chess and other board games Russian levels are: MS, MSMK, GM (grand-master) , MGM (international level grand-master), ZMS (+ MGM) for a World Champion if available.

At least that what were in the USSR. Another times another merit.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thank you Edwin for the explanation!

The state rewards are also sort of a compensation for lost chances because the sportsperson devoted his/her childhood and youth to the glory of the Russian Federation.

I believe you must stay loyal to the system to reap the benefits though. Recalcitrants, dissidents, etc. get nothing in the end and have lost all chance.

To the children and teens this probably doesn't matter much, but their parents should always consider.
If your child is ambitious, bright and studious, parents should weigh the benefits of sports achievements vs. education at the highest level and independence in adult life and career.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The state rewards are also sort of a compensation for lost chances because the sportsperson devoted his/her childhood and youth to the glory of the Russian Federation.

I believe you must stay loyal to the system to reap the benefits though. Recalcitrants, dissidents, etc. get nothing in the end and have lost all chance.

To the children and teens this probably doesn't matter much, but their parents should always consider.
If your child is ambitious, bright and studious, parents should weigh the benefits of sports achievements vs. education at the highest level and independence in adult life and career.

I am sure that even the parents of these athletes vaguely remember the system you are talking about. And this has nothing to do with this fanfest, I think.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
These ranks are valuable in later life when you continue in your sport as a trainer, coach, judge. And they give the sportsperson other benefits, like entrance to education, and even social advances and privileges, like higher ranking for a new apartment etc.

When Aleksandra medals in the Olympic Games, she will most likely be rewarded Merited Master of Sports, the highest rank available.

Sasha may not necessarily need an Olympic medal to achieve that rank. Tuktamysheva and Kolyada both have it as World medalists.

Skuratov

On the Ice