Country
United-States
18 - 20 Nov 2016

Beijing China
Pairs Short Program
Friday, November 18, 2016
21:00 UTC +8

Times in other time zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...179&p5=248&p6=240&p7=224&p8=286&p9=261&p10=18

Start Order

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH
SP Jalousie ‘Tango Tzigane’ performed by Matthias Aeschbacher, composed by Jacob Gade; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
LP "When You Say You Love Me" by Darren Hayes performed by Josh Groban; choreo by David Wilson, Sandra Bezic
CAN
2Cheng PENG / Yang JIN
SP My Drag by Jimbo Mathus;choreo by Lori Nichol, David Wilson
LP "l will wait for you" from the Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 1964 composed by Michel Legrand and sung by Mario Frangoulis; choreo by Lori Nichol, David Wilson
CHN
3Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG
SP Steppin' Out With My Baby performed by The Jump’ Joz Band; choreo by David Wilson
LP Love Is A Many Splendored Thing by Sammy Fain; choreo by David Wilson
CHN
4Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG
SP Eternal Flame by Brand X Music, Fearless by Brand X Music; choreo by David Wilson
LP Piano Concerto #1 3rd Movement (Cavatina, Larghetto amoroso)by Emil von Sauer; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
5Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT
SP They Don't Care About Us by Michael Jackson; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP Second Law by Muse; choreo by Mark Pillay
GER
6Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE
SP "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, performed by The Piano Guys; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
LP Love Story by Francis Lai, performed by Nana Mouskouri; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
ITA
7Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
SP All Alone by Joe Satriani; choreo by Peter Chernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FP Clair de lune by Claude Debussy; choreo by Peter Chernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUS
8Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN
SP "Purple Rain" by Prince, featuring Stacy Francis; choreo by Emilie Nussear
LP "Don’t Cry for Me Argentina" from the Evita soundtrack, performed by Madonna; choreo by Lyndon Johnston
USA

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Can Yuko skate with injuries now? I am quite worried about that. I think two Chinese pairs and the Canadians might well make the podium here.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
COC is particularly exciting because of the Pairs event, what with 3 Chinese Pairs competing, 2 of whom the newly formed partnerships. As well, I'm very interested in seeing I/M and K/S.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:hap85: :dance: :hap57: :party2: :hap93:

This is exactly my mindset for the pair event. :) Peng/Jin's debut is so expected.

QuadThrow

Medalist
This is a very important event for Yu/zhang. With an easy win it is their chance to present themselves as a world class pair.

This is a grand prix without D/R, S/M, S/H or T/M. So no stupid quad challenge this time.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
are you sure of that? i/m have been training quads :)
This is a very important event for Yu/zhang. With an easy win it is their chance to present themselves as a world class pair.

This is a grand prix without D/R, S/M, S/H or T/M. So no stupid quad challenge this time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
are you sure of that? i/m have been training quads :)

They do? I hope they won't try them out in China yet. They need to land SBS jumps, their programs has some awesome choreography and I want them at GPF to balance some lack of choreography we're going to see there in Pairs. :hap85:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
finally some excitement!! cant wait to see Wang&Wang, they are my 2nd favourite pair behind Sui&Han!! she is just awesome and he is real life hero :luv17: all the best to all pairs! :yahoo:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
throw 4flip (seen in programs (last year) and practice) ... i heard about a possible throw 4 salchow as well but never seen that one in practice videos.

whether they land sbs is imho independent from them trying quad throws...of course, i hope they will.. but look at kavaguti smirnoff... they were trying quads and still had issues with sbs and they use 2a....

They do? I hope they won't try them out in China yet. They need to land SBS jumps, their programs has some awesome choreography and I want them at GPF to balance some lack of choreography we're going to see there in Pairs. :hap85:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
throw 4flip (seen in programs (last year) and practice) ... i heard about a possible throw 4 salchow as well but never seen that one in practice videos.

whether they land sbs is imho independent from them trying quad throws...of course, i hope they will.. but look at kavaguti smirnoff... they were trying quads and still had issues with sbs and they use 2a....

I know it's indepedent cases, but I just wish they could get jumps first as you can't land quads in SP and you need SBS jumps for both programs. But it will sure be exciting if they wiere to land 4Th Flip! I'm not really a fan of Kavaguti/Smirnov strategy, though when they do get jumps it's quite impressive.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know it's indepedent cases, but I just wish they could get jumps first as you can't land quads in SP and you need SBS jumps for both programs. But it will sure be exciting if they wiere to land 4Th Flip! I'm not really a fan of Kavaguti/Smirnov strategy, though when they do get jumps it's quite impressive.
we all hope they would get sbs... but i am glad they are looking at other ways to remain competitive... so when the sbs jumps get landed, they could fight for the top with quads as well... their lifts are amazing, death spirals too... spins are fine... they are really nice to watch so I'd say, twist could get better and throws (of course jumps)... so glad to see that they are working on these areas and whatever gets ready, looking forward to seeing it. I am a big fan of them, and it was a hard sell for me as I really liked MTM.... but truly was converted last year at worlds... I was so impressed with them. Gorgeous skating... Right now, if the Chinese pairs all land their jumps and I/M don't it may be difficult but if everyone lands their jumps, it will be interesting to see who gets the edge. I/M have more difficulty on the other elements like throws. (3Lz throw) we will see... exciting.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I'm hoping that K/S skate well here. I thought they were marked hard in Skate Canada on the PCS side, technically they were not at their best on the jumps. Yuka did seem hurt at the end of the Free but hopefully she has recovered. I'm looking forward to the debut of P/J, I was pleasantly surprised with the debut of Y/Z and think they are probably the favourites to win here. It will be interesting to see how they are judged on PCS here.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Come on, Yuko and Alexander. I wish them all the best since I also believe they had a bit of a strict marking at SCI. Want to see Lubov and Dylan doing well too. Wishing everyone fun and good skates.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I want Pairs to skate really well! :hap85: We need some good skating after all those WD this season...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't understand why people in China can't be on EDT. (That was a joke btw... kind of a "Toronto is the center of the known universe" Canadiana type joke)

Skate well pairs and God Speed to K/S. Every time they skate now I have a feeling of doom (and a John Travolta-Welcome back Kotter flash back).

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Due to the time zone, does it mean they start Friday at 8 am (ET)? Hope CBC streams it as they did it with Rostelecom.

LRK

Record Breaker
finally some excitement!! cant wait to see Wang&Wang, they are my 2nd favourite pair behind Sui&Han!! she is just awesome and he is real life hero :luv17: all the best to all pairs! :yahoo:

In which way?

Note: Not casting doubt, but a genuine question: it sounds like there may be a good story there.