2016 Cup of China Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Pairs SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We are dropping like flies in here. Never mind all the quitters that deserted after the men's event was over...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
SBS elements were not best, but the program is so awesome :love:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Can't believe Dylan missed that jump. Sheesh. Good for Lubov though.

Rough spins but I like the program.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was just great! Realistically the best that they probably could have hoped to skate though it's a pity that just when she finalllllly lands a jump he has a bobble...

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Kick *ss 3S from her. Too bad he picked the wrong time to fall. Loved that throw flip.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
3 Liubov ILYUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN)

Music: Tango Jalousie by Jacob Gade

White ruffle dress / black outfit

3Tw
3S - he stepout/hand down
3LzTh
BiDs
5ALi
FCCoSp - unison on/off
StSq

Messy on sbs jump, but otherwise nice skate - very elegant

SP: 38.97+32.31 = 71.28 (PB), 2/3

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well done, Lubov and Dylan. Dylan stumbled on the sbs jump but their throw Lutz was gorgeous, big and light.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
You know, I hate to have to say it because I am still so upset about how these pairs came to be, but Yu and Zhang really are incredible, especially considering how new they are as a team. Wonderful matching lines and connection, huge, clean elements, really cohesive and lovely programs. And I have to admit she looks happy to be out there with him today, not too upset about this turn of events at all. EXTREMELY well done.

I think it might have been a necessary thing the Chinese fed had to do. Yu is quite a tall pair girl, who needs bigger partner just to give her enough altitude to land throw jumps. With Jin, while I loved their chemistry, the inconsistency on throw jumps and xianoyu's injury from it worried me a lot. So, if the change can contribute an injury free season, I think it was a good decision. (Of course we have to see peng and Jin)

Watching Luba, there is never a dull moment. :love:

Last edited: