2016 Cup of China Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Mens SP

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Oh my, Chan is the first to skate in sp..... Yes, at least the ice will be good for him:laugh:

da96103

Record Breaker
Wow! Many of them have potential to medal, no? So tight and unpredictable... So excited! Good luck to all!! :cheer:
Oh? Runqi LIU (CHN) is out? (I don't know him but I thought he was in the entry.)

I really really really hope the ice condition will be better than TDF! :angry2:

Another withdrawal? Goodness gracious and only 10 men.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ok, my two favourite honey bunnies, rotate fast and land graciously everything! Good luck to all skaters :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I don't like for my favs to start in the first group. Actually, I don't like the idea of a potential medal winner starting upfront at all. What can you do? Fingers crossed :yay:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i don't mind it... because everyone gets a chance at good ice... and in GP, with only 12 (sometimes even 10) skaters, the competitions goes so quickly in the SP that judges won't have time to forget how brilliant the first skaters were :) at worlds, it's another story.... someone skating well first could end up a few ranks lower than when skating later.
I don't like for my favs to start in the first group. Actually, I don't like the idea of a potential medal winner starting upfront at all. What can you do? Fingers crossed :yay:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Shen/Zhao skated first at the 2010 Olympics SP, ahead of a large field of Pairs. It was an amazing performance and they eventually won the OGM though coming in second in the LP.

Patrick was first in the last LP group at Worlds 2011. He won with a commanding lead that many complained that it was anti-climatic with no one having a chance to catch him.

Skating last gives a skater time to strategize but skating first gets a fresh ice surface, a fresh warm-up and hopefully a fresh unencumbered mind.

Go Boss Patrick! Go Hanee!

eta. And in a field like this one, there is less concern when a front runner skates first that judges would leave room for PCS like they did with 6.0. In a large field, the first skater may get forgotten and PCS tend to get inflated as the competition goes on.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I'm looking at the programs and thinking we need more fresh blood choreographers.

mrrice

Record Breaker
i don't mind it... because everyone gets a chance at good ice... and in GP, with only 12 (sometimes even 10) skaters, the competitions goes so quickly in the SP that judges won't have time to forget how brilliant the first skaters were :) at worlds, it's another story.... someone skating well first could end up a few ranks lower than when skating later.

100% Correct. If I feel sorry for anyone.....It's Ross. He has to perform right after Patrick leaves the ice........There's nothing worse than skating onto the ice while the crowd is still sitting down from the performance that preceded you. :drama:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
100% Correct. If I feel sorry for anyone.....It's Ross. He has to perform right after Patrick leaves the ice........There's nothing worse than skating onto the ice while the crowd is still sitting down from the performance that preceded you. :drama:

So true, reminds me of Scott Hamilton's commentary after Jason finished his Riverdance skate at 2014 Nats "I would *not* want to be the guy who has to skate next". And I think Ricky D. was next, although I'm not sure, and did not have his best skate.

Ross has not been skating well this year, so I hope something changes for him :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So true, reminds me of Scott Hamilton's commentary after Jason finished his Riverdance skate at 2014 Nats "I would *not* want to be the guy who has to skate next". And I think Ricky D. was next, although I'm not sure, and did not have his best skate.

Ross has not been skating well this year, so I hope something changes for him :slink:

Ricky D really copped the bad end of the stick two years running. The year before, he'd had to skate right after Max had blown everyone away with WSS.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
another thread change

:cheer: for good competition, no splat, rotated quads, no pops, Yan Han to hit that beauty of 3A, all to bring A game!

ETA - just realized that I'm feeling a bit like Gypsy on the road - for one thread to another :laugh:

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Good luck men, skate well and do us proud :hap10:

(sorry won't post individual cheer, Eurosport France commentators have killed my cheering mood. I've now turned to BESP stream in the hopes of finding it again :noshake:)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are they starting 45 minutes early?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Good luck men, skate well and do us proud :hap10:

(sorry won't post individual cheer, Eurosport France commentators have killed my cheering mood. I've now turned to BESP stream in the hopes of finding it again :noshake:)

what did they say?:console:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so ready for a beautiful Nessun Dorma from the Lion King!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I guess you normally watch Eurosport on television? Doesn't it give an option to switch between the French and British audio?