2016 Cup of China Mens FS | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Mens FS

Meoima

Match Penalty
I question if this analysis is 100% accurate. :unsure:
Did you read her words at all?
I will not list all the transitions in each program, I will precisely list entries and exits on jumping elements in each of 7 programs, and others I will include in the table diagram and gifs. The variety of transitions in short program I represent in the table.
and she does not count step sequence
Step sequences and choreographic sequences are not included, as they are counted as separate elements of the program.

Before commenting something, read it carefully.
Makes you wonder what else the analyst has left out.
It makes me wonder how much you have intentionally left out when you read it.

Nice try.

Last edited:

qwertyskates

Medalist
Huh? I'm saying Machida was lowballed on GOE, and that Jin's GOE was suitable for the quality of his jumps.

Wow...can you see your own bias in this very statement?

Both were low GOEs awarded by judges, but you have no problems at all in speaking of your own *opinion* as if it were *fact*? If it's Hanyu, it must be that his competitors were held back, the judges privileged him, but if it's Patrick it can't happen, the judging is always fair, etc?

You should at least accept that you hold two very different standards here, and there's no objectivity.

My own opinion is that all 3, Patrick, Hanyu, Javier, are privileged by judges in that their flaws are often less severely punished compared to their competitors. However, they are also currently the best skaters in terms of jumps and ss, and biggest FS stars and drawers of enthusiastic audiences, backed by powerful feds (except for Javier but BOrser has his back) and that is why they will continue to enjoy their privileged positions.

The fewer flawed performances they deliver, the less egregious the judging will look. I don't hold it against them that they enjoy this privilege, they worked hard and often delivered. Having them in the finals add excitement and quality to the competition.

Patrick is guaranteed of his GPF placement, Gold or Silver, and his errors have been treated with kid's gloves, but compared to Javier, he isn't overscored here to an extreme. My problem all along is that there's effort to depress Jin unfairly and off Gold by the judges who want to make room for their skaters in GPF, in particular 3 other judges in addition to the Canadian. The judges with no stakes in GPF showed far more accurate scoring.

Sergei has been very consistent this season, and did skate better than Jin at SA, making fewer mistakes, but at COC, Jin performed closer to his normal level (he's JGPF Gold and World's Bronze after all) and won by BV with more difficult elements. When Jin missed his 4Lz-3T, he lost massively his TES scores. Like Jin, Sergei is also underscored in PCS.

Even though both were 1 point losses, Jin deserves the loss at SA because he made more severe mistakes, at COC, he deserves the win because he had the highest BV, made the fewest mistakes of all the men, his programs and performances were far superior to last year's yet earned lower PCS you perform at a subpar level, you deserve less, you perform better than the others, you deserve more, is that so difficult to grasp?

Anyway, on to NHK, hope everyone will be skating their best!

Last edited: