2016 Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Ladies FS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
For ladies it's an issue but not a huge deal, but for men and quads the UR vs fall thing is ridiculous. You can have a minimal UR which doesn't hurt or disrupt the actual performance at all. However, it is going to cost several points off the base value and then several more points with GOE. It's often actually better to fall a quad than it is to slightly UR a quad, even if you don't fall.

I have been thinking about this issue for the past months and I think that falls should be -1 at a minimum but should also be a % of the base amount, for example 30%. For instance, falling a 3Lz would be -1.8 points but falling something like 2T would be just the minimum(-1). That way, falling on quads would hurt and falling on a 3lz would hurt quite a bit as well, but something silly like falling during a step sequence or during a 2A would not be penalized nearly as much in comparison.

I actually don't mind that URs get punished harsly. To me it's really ugly watching someone underrotate every single jump and it's irritating for the others who performed them properly. However, they should not be penalized nearly as severely as falls on non-UR'd jumps.

It might even be possible to introduce a "slight UR" which penalizes very minor URs that require slow-mos and such to even notice with, say, half the normal reduction.

Last edited:

Kyo

Spectator
Very sad about Ashley...it's really difficult for me imagine a grand prix final without she...there's no other skater with her programs and her charm :(

(all of you have a very hight knockledge about figure skating...I'm sorry about my ignorance and my bad english too... :eek::)

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley...it's really difficult for me imagine a grand prix final without she...there's no other skater with her programs and her charm

:agree: Very true! She brings something unique to every competition that is charismatic and engages the emotions.

And we have many posters here for whom English isn't their first language, so please don't let that deter you. Also, there are all levels of figure skating knowledge and many levels of appreciation.

Welcome, Kyo! Please post long and post often! (as the moderators like to say).

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know how to do that multiple quote thing so this is in response to Mrs. P. and Ice Coverage also.

:laugh: Eli is happy. He hates rain and loves snow so he's been in heaven the last few days. He frolics around in it like he's a big puppy. It's adorable.

Click the quotation marks at bottom right of each of the posts you want to multi-quote. After you click Reply With Quote on the first one, the second and third ones will magically appear in the same Reply box. :) Remember to click to uncheck the multi-quote function, or those same quotes will appear in your other replies in the thread.

What fun to see a (ahem) mature dog frolicking like a puppy! You have snow? are you in Canada? (My spouse is the obsessive weather-map watcher in our household, so I don't always keep up.)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Click the quotation marks at bottom right of each of the posts you want to multi-quote. After you click Reply With Quote on the first one, the second and third ones will magically appear in the same Reply box. :) Remember to click to uncheck the multi-quote function, or those same quotes will appear in your other replies in the thread.

What fun to see a (ahem) mature dog frolicking like a puppy! You have snow? are you in Canada? (My spouse is the obsessive weather-map watcher in our household, so I don't always keep up.)

Ah, you have armed me with info! I can now multiquote.

It is fun. He's a really wonderful boy. Canada, Ottawa to be exact. We got 21 cm of snow (although a lot of it was wet so it only looked like about 10 cm maybe). We often get our first real snow fall at the end of Nov./beginning of Dec and it last, usually, well into March or April but last year it didn't snow until after Christmas. It was like heaven.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, you have armed me with info! I can now multiquote.

It is fun. He's a really wonderful boy. Canada, Ottawa to be exact. We got 21 cm of snow (although a lot of it was wet so it only looked like about 10 cm maybe). We often get our first real snow fall at the end of Nov./beginning of Dec and it last, usually, well into March or April but last year it didn't snow until after Christmas. It was like heaven.

I grew up in the south, where we often could play outside without a coat at Christmas. Snow was the real treat, but almost never till January and then it usually melted in 2 days. Now, I live up north and enjoy cold weather and the beauty of sun glistening on snow drifts. My husband ran outside in his underwear this morning into freezing 32 degrees F., all to shoot a squirrel who ate up all the beets in our garden this year. When he came in, I said, "Compulsive, much?" LOL.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very sad about Ashley...it's really difficult for me imagine a grand prix final without she...there's no other skater with her programs and her charm :(

(all of you have a very hight knockledge about figure skating...I'm sorry about my ignorance and my bad english too... :eek::)

I'm always amazed at how many GSers we have who apologize for their English and then write with good grammar and have a great vocabulary. Don't worry - we're all pretty friendly here! Welcome! :)

Kyo

Spectator
Thank you skylark and Arriba627!!! :luv17:

(The mention about my english is a "preventive apologies" because my years of english student passed time ago!jajaja! :laugh:)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you skylark and Arriba627!!! :luv17:

(The mention about my english is a "preventive apologies" because my years of english student passed time ago!jajaja! :laugh:)

And I speak Spanish too, so when in doubt, send me a Private Message in Spanish. :biggrin: