COC 2016: Onsite and Practice Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

COC 2016: Onsite and Practice Reports

jessa

Spectator
Today's practices (SP run through), still translated from http://weibo.com/u/5665302995

Ladies
Hicks - Skipped the jumps
Osmond - didn't do combos, 3Lz fall, beautiful 2A
Zijun Li - 3T3T, 3F, 2A, clean and nice
Wagner - 3F3T, 3Lo, 2A, looking good
Karen Chen - 3Lz3T (fall on 3T), 3Lo, 2A
Hongo - 3F, 3T3T, 2A
Tuktamysheva - still no jumps in the run through, but did a few tano 2A in the warm-up
Radionova - 3Lz3T (fall on 3T, some issues with the timing of combo), 3Lo, 2A
Xiangning Li - 3F3T (slightly step out on 3T), 3Lz fall, 2A
Mihara - 3Lz3T, 2A, 3F
Ziquan Zhao - 3T3T, 3Lo fall, 2A

btw I saw Liza at the hotel lobby this morning (actually she sat next to me for a moment!) and I think she looked fine. The flu seems to be gone. :)

Men
Chan - skipped 4T3T, 3A, 3Lz, then did a 4T, 3A hand down
Yan - 3T, 3A, 3Lz3T, a huge 4T afterwards (and he has his white shirt+vest suit back :p)
Jin - 4Lz fall, 3A, 4T

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Today's practices (SP run through), still translated from http://weibo.com/u/5665302995

Ladies
Hicks - Skipped the jumps
Osmond - didn't do combos, 3Lz fall, beautiful 2A
Zijun Li - 3T3T, 3F, 2A, clean and nice
Wagner - 3F3T, 3Lo, 2A, looking good
Karen Chen - 3Lz3T (fall on 3T), 3Lo, 2A
Hongo - 3F, 3T3T, 2A
Tuktamysheva - still no jumps in the run through, but did a few tano 2A in the warm-up
Radionova - 3Lz3T (fall on 3T, some issues with the timing of combo), 3Lo, 2A
Xiangning Li - 3F3T (slightly step out on 3T), 3Lz fall, 2A
Mihara - 3Lz3T, 2A, 3F
Ziquan Zhao - 3T3T, 3Lo fall, 2A

btw I saw Liza at the hotel lobby this morning (actually she sat next to me for a moment!) and I think she looked fine. The flu seems to be gone. :)

Men
Yan - 3T, 3A, 3Lz3T, a huge 4T afterwards (and he has his white shirt+vest suit back :p)
Jin - 4Lz fall, 3A, 4T

that's interesting... that's the place for his 4S... ??? why would he do a 3Lz there??? oh well ..

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Men
Jin - 4Lz fall, 3A, 4T

Any Max news? :love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I just realize why practice reports are scarce except Weibo which requires sign-up with a cell phone certification because twitter/facebook/google/youtube/instagram are all blocked in China.... Why these days social media require sign-ups. It is really bothersome. I highly appreciate those who have shared their own experience and translated practice reports uploaded on Weibo and Chinese media.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
^Oh, I completely forgot about that too :palmf:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I just realize why practice reports are scarce except Weibo which requires sign-up with a cell phone certification because twitter/facebook/google/youtube/instagram are all blocked in China.... Why these days social media require sign-ups. It is really bothersome. I highly appreciate those who have shared their own experience and translated practice reports uploaded on Weibo and Chinese media.

I don't have a problem with weibo without signing up unless it's for older messages. OTOH, facebook is annoying these days with notice for sign up that blocks half the page.

bestolen

Rinkside

Shibutani should teach other skaters how to across the internet Great Wall.Seems he is the only one who still can sign up those medias.

TMC

Record Breaker
Shibutani should teach other skaters how to across the internet Great Wall.Seems he is the only one who still can sign up those medias.

Maybe they just email their photos to somebody not in China who updates their social media for them while they're there?

Tastetherainbow

Medalist

Actually, you can sign up with email. I tried to sign up with yahoo and it worked fine. No cellphone anything for me.

eta

Medalist
Actually, you can sign up with email. I tried to sign up with yahoo and it worked fine. No cellphone anything for me.

Not anymore sadly. Now even if you sign up with an email you have to enter a phone number for Weibo to send you a confirmation code via text. Doesn't have to be Chinese though.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Some skaters are able to use Instagram and Twitter there...Kovtun, Brezina, etc.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
In Chinese they call it flipping the wall, it's actually quite easy to do, In August I was in China for a while and expats have told me even in some rural villages they know how to do it. In Baidu bars they share screenshots of people's instagrams and twitters all the time. Even big name celebrities like Fan Bing Bing, Angelababy do it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with weibo without signing up unless it's for older messages.
strange but some weibo pages open on cellphonejust fine without any sign up but not on PC...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I was so thirst for practice info because I was nervous for many skaters who potentially could suffer jet leg, but it turns out that practices are practices...Anything can happen on ice which is what I've learned from the event.

Ashley, Mai, Zijun were said they had good run-throughs at practice, but we know how the result went.
While Elena had falls on her jumps a lot and Kaetlyn and Liza skipped jumps at practice and the outcomes are different.

Boyang had tough times at practice; practice reports uploaded on a Russian forum said Boyang floored all over the place, but he made a cleanish SP.