Cup of China: Predictions Game Round 5 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Cup of China: Predictions Game Round 5

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ladies' scores are done!

Gold: Poice, Yatagarasu, Sam-Skwantch, and Sabrina, with 50 points! :cheer:
Silver: theskatingbutterfly, eta, Layback11, [email protected], lost3iron, Pere, and sunn1ly, with 45 points! :clap:
Bronze: Shoma One, sabinfire, Ice Diva, Pippuripihvi, lady_bee, hydroblader, CaroLiza_Fan, voolfee, breynows, Daniel1998, Nathan13, silverfoxes, LA143, ssffww, text_skate, HR4, MsLiinaLii, sunnyyouyang, noctiluca, semosk8tfan, mirai4life, sequinsgalore, and sarahjoanne, with 40 points! :hap85:
Honorary Mention: karne, Pere, and sunn1ly, for being the only people in the entire game to put Tuktamysheva on the podium! :dance3:

Scores will go into the spreadsheet tomorrow, and if you think I got your score wrong, PM me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ this one hurt me the most this season... oh well ;) congrats to those who didn't believe as much as I did in the USA ladies.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Honorary Mention: karne, Pere, and sunn1ly, for being the only people in the entire game to put Tuktamysheva on the podium! :dance3:

Ha. Looks like I'm up for this once a season. Last season it was the only person to pick Max to win SkAm, this time round it's one of the only people to put Liza on the podium. Favourites for the win.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:reye: to be fair, I do spend an inhuman amount of time working on these :laugh: Congrats everyone!

So do I, and it has got me no-where! :laugh:

By the way, apologies to everybody for not keeping the Hall of Fame thread up to date. I have got WAAAAYYYY behind in everything I normally post that is to do with the Senior GP Series, because I have been running a week behind in watching the events since the start of the series. And try as I might to get caught up, it's not working.

So, I am really looking forward to there being a week off after the NHK! Because then I might finally get caught up in everything.

Me running the 2 GP Predictions Games just isn't working. I loved running the Nationals and ISU Predictions Games, but running the Junior and Senior GP Games is too much. The schedule has just been too relentless.

Thank you to samkrut for being more on the ball when it comes to getting the statistics out.

Sorry again for my negligence.

CaroLiza_fan

Puchi

On the Ice
No need to apologize, CaroLiza_fan, you're doing a great job and we all appreciate the time and effort you devote to running these games. Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication. It makes the season much more enjoyable for all of us! :rock:

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men Results

GOLD: jenaj and Poice with 75 points
SILVER: apgold, casualfan, cer, corynna, daylightescapades, Hydroblader, Kirei, Mrs. P, NoNameFace, randomfan, sabinfire, sequinsgalore, skylark, tinnychan, TTM with 65 points
BRONZE: Arriba627, Crossover, Daniel1998, FreeAgent, glorybox6, Karpenko, kumagoro, LadyB, Marin, Marius, matmuh, Nathan13, Puchi with 60 points

Congratulations to everyone!!!:yes2:

If there are any mistakes please let me know.

Gold in men; nothing in anything else.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
congrats to the winners:agree:

I thought I was more successful in men but oh well:laugh: I guessed top 3 right so Im happy abpuit it

+ reverse jinxing means that u lose the prediction game but your favs may win the actual comp (& non favs may lose:devil:):laugh: I prefer the latter

You are right that it is getting more and more crowded towards the top so that someone can rapidly propell themselves up from, say, 10th position. After 2 CoC events the top 5 are:

Nathan13 965
Puchi 965
sabinfire 960
NoNameFace 950
Sugarpova 950

So, Puchi is still in the lead but shares it with Nathan13 and you just one little step behind. I am rooting for Sugarpova who is the only my countrymate "in business" so far. I am not sure if voolfee who is 21-22 is Russian. I so far share 28-34 having my place sort of "frozen" since the very first event. Not enough to get a "free skate spot" so that creative predicting seems necessary for me. NHK gives good opportunities especially ladies.

After thinking a while I got an idea: what about having team competition next year? Teams may be national or trans-national. In the former case I wonder if any nationality proof will be needed or whoever says: "I play for Germany" will be free to do so once she does not change "federation" during the season. The idea is to win in predictions not that your country skaters win. Hence, I don't think that team competition will increase tensions between respective "patriots".
awww thx for support samkrut bb:luv17::luv17:
I dont care about being in tp 5 or 10 or 20 tho
predicting only 4 the lulz

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
^^ this one hurt me the most this season... oh well ;) congrats to those who didn't believe as much as I did in the USA ladies.

same here...what I've learned is not to put Gracie Gold and Maxim Kovtun in my predictions despite of their talent and achievements - they're now just 'not there', same goes probably (to my deepest despair as a fan) to Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov :(

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
Ladies' scores are done!

Gold: Poice, Yatagarasu, Sam-Skwantch, and Sabrina, with 50 points! :cheer:
Silver: theskatingbutterfly, eta, Layback11, [email protected], lost3iron, Pere, and sunn1ly, with 45 points! :clap:
Bronze: Shoma One, sabinfire, Ice Diva, Pippuripihvi, lady_bee, hydroblader, CaroLiza_Fan, voolfee, breynows, Daniel1998, Nathan13, silverfoxes, LA143, ssffww, text_skate, HR4, MsLiinaLii, sunnyyouyang, noctiluca, semosk8tfan, mirai4life, sequinsgalore, and sarahjoanne, with 40 points! :hap85:

Scores will go into the spreadsheet tomorrow, and if you think I got your score wrong, PM me.

Wow my worst discipline was the only one who got a medal yikes :hslap:

I wish I could celebrate a medal but I'm just so depressed about Ashley :sad21:

Poice

Final Flight
Wow I can't believe I got three golds and totally bombed pairs :D Such great competition for me :D