2017 Italian Figure Skating Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Italian Figure Skating Championships

deneb

On the Ice
What happened to Lucrezia's leg? :( Nice skate!
She had a knee injury just before JGP in France, for that reason she had to withdraw in that competition.
Since that she is always wearing the brace.

I can't remember, did Bianca Mannocardi and her partner (forgot his name) have split?
Bianca Manacorda. She decided to stop in order to focus on her study.
Niccolò Macii has teamed up with Anastasiia Revenko and they'll compete in Junior Pairs.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I didn't know the Nationals was underway, but a suggested clip on YouTube led me watch Carolina's SP at recent Nationals. At first I saw her performance at Gold Spin, as some people expressed, her SS were greatly regressed, but she showed here she was getting back to her previous form slowly but surely at the age of 30! Though I think the program is more suitable for exhibition nor competition. However, her FS music is totally my taste, so I can compensate it myself. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, last year she competed and finished 5th

Yes, Nikol was competing as a guest skater last year, because she was still on a temporary residency visa thingy. So, although she finished 5th, she was not eligible to be counted in the official results. That's probably what caused the confusion.

But, she's got her Italian citizenship now. So, she's fully eligible to count.

By the way, I only noticed there now that Nikol's husband, Leo-Luca Sforza, is not entered in either Junior or Senior Pairs. But, his partner, Giulia Foresti, is entered in Junior Ladies (she'll be kicking off the SP).

I wonder if there is something going on that we don't know about. Maybe the newleyweds forming their own Pairs partnership...

I hope not! I like Leo-Luca and Giulia skating together! And Nikol skating on her own!

CaroLiza_fan

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Gosviani has withdrew at every competition she entered this season. Its almost like a bad joke now but hopefully she comes back eventually.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Keeping my fingers crossed for Lucrezia to skate well! :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ah, Lucrezia :luv17: I hope she'll be sent to Junior Worlds.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I should watch Italian Nationals more often. I love them all! (ok, the three I saw .. ;))

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Giada SS are visibly better than 3 previous ladies. Too bad her jumps are not always there, she could be realy good competitor.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, Carolina won't be getting such high PCS at Europeans, I think. She's not her best yet, and TES is quite low... But we know which two Ladies will be sent to Europeans at least :) Does Italian Fed decide on World Team based on Nationals too? Or they wait for Euros results?

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Caro still needs to work a little on the jumps and the speed. If she has the speed she will project more self-assurance, and then I think her PCS will be quite competitive. The way a seasoned, top-talented vet like her skates is just irrepoducible by others. As of now she is definitely on a good track.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Well, Carolina won't be getting such high PCS at Europeans, I think. She's not her best yet, and TES is quite low... But we know which two Ladies will be sent to Europeans at least :) Does Italian Fed decide on World Team based on Nationals too? Or they wait for Euros results?

I wonder too. But I guess they wait and give Rodegheiro the chance.

LOL, Mishin talking seriously to Carolina in kiss &cry. Not that impressed with her skate I think, waving the scores away? - already figuring how she’ll do better :rock:

sarama

Medalist

Unless it was changed recently, Euro and Worlds assignments are based on a "national ranking" that combines nationals scores and international scores (usually from the best 2 competitions), I believe they are also averaged and there is an adjustment for juniors...anyway it is a bit complicated to explain, but usually it works well enough

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Unless it was changed recently, Euro and Worlds assignments are based on a "national ranking" that combines nationals scores and international scores (usually from the best 2 competitions), I believe they are also averaged and there is an adjustment for juniors...anyway it is a bit complicated to explain, but usually it works well enough

Thanks! That makes sense :)