2017 Italian Figure Skating Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Italian Figure Skating Championships

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Deserved, actually i thought Roberta could have been first in the FS but second overall cause Carolina didn't skate that well.

Mishin wasn't too happy in the KnC, i don't know if that was a joke or something else (cause Caro was smiling all the time) but apparently her FS was a little messy; also i don't know about the strategy: we've seen at Golden Spin that she is doing 3ltz-2lo but no 3-3 and no 2a-3t in the FS, respect for recovering all the jumps but i hope to see the 3-3 or at least 2a-3t in the long at the Europeans.
She didn't do 3Lz-2L in Zagreb, she did 2Lz-2L. I don't think that she ever did the 3Lz in combination, at least not in the last 10 years.
So she did go for the 3Lz at Nationals and she rotated it and she didn't fall so that's already a huge step forward in only a week. The entry into the 3Lz is shorter than it was. I think her plan for the FS is all triples (exept the 3A of course) and the combos 2A-2T-2L, 2A-3T and 3T-2T or 3L-2T.
Mishin always looks serene (I did like his look with the black coat, very smart looking). I think she wanted to do all the triples except the 3A and she did that. That's great imo. The 2A-2T-2L was nice and some of the jumps (like the 3F in the beginning) were great. But Carolina wasn't willing to sacrifice her program to add a jump or to get the levels on a spin (in the SP). She didn't need to anyway. And I think she already looked faster than in Zagreb. She needs stamina, that's all. I think Mishin has done a marvellous job. She already looks much better than I expected, great comeback!

Last edited:

npavel

On the Ice
She didn't do 3Lz-2L in Zagreb, she did 2Lz-2L. I don't think that she ever did the 3Lz in combination, at least not in the last 10 years.
So she did go for the 3Lz at Nationals and she rotated it and she didn't fall so that's already a huge step forward in only a week. The entry into the 3Lz is shorter than it was. I think her plan for the FS is all triples (exept the 3A of course) and the combos 2A-2T-2L, 2A-3T and 3T-2T or 3L-2T.
Her Lp in 2007GPF Has 3Lz2L, https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3q5Atf_xn_M#t=80
but earlier she did 3Lz3T https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=28djAK9g4-0#t=49
2008 GPF 3Lz2T2Lhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dtsBuMvYIws#t=1551

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anyone know if idealweb has uploaded video to another provider? Youtube has either stripped the audio or blocked the video completely for the events so far.

They used to upload the entire competition videos to their own website, http://www.idealweb.tv . But, I just went there using the link to last year's Lombardia coverage, and the website has been given an overhaul since the last time I visited. And there is no sign of the video archives any more. :bang: :mad:

I hope all the videos do appear somewhere, because I decided to watch other things (i.e. LIVE snooker and a combination of both sets of Junior GP Final coverage) based on the knowledge that the videos got archived in previous years.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

lappo

Final Flight
Me American? :rofl: I have clearly stated under my avatar than I'm from Poland... You could read at least that before exclaim that I'm North American. But I did not know they are so strict about it.I thought maybe they're going to special classes that focus on sports and are more forgiving of missing lessons if there are competitions, so thank you for insight. I'll keep that in mind next time :)

To further clarify: in Italy you have to attend 3/4 of the annual lessons in order to be admitted to the subsequent year. There are however some exceptions (normally, illnessess that requires a longer absence or athletes competing at regional, national or international levels) that can be allowed more missing days (my boyfriend taught to a junior national athletes a couple of years ago). There are also, albeit still in experimental phase, specific public schools for athletes who try to keep up with their schedules; however they're pretty rare.

rosy14

Final Flight
Thanks! That makes sense :)

We have two spots at Euros, so of course Caro and Roberta, which is why she fought nails and toes to arrive second (Caro was first by default).
And unless Caro at Euros melts completely, she will go to Helsinki, in the hope she finishes within the first 10 and we have again two spots for Olympics.

rosy14

Final Flight
It's clear Caro can't compete with the Russians, unless she skates very clean and one of them does big mistakes. But a good SP can put her in 4th place at Euros and perhaps in 6-8th position at Worlds. And then we will see...
Images in Zagreb were really poor and people who were there, said she was much better. Even now, with better streaming, people there said she's better live.
I hope she does another competition, just to train to the ambiance of a competition, before Euros.
As for Roberta: she skates very welll the SP, but did a 3-2, in the FS again a 3-2, was slower and of course her SS are not Caro's.
Gilda has always better choreos than Roberta's and performs artistically better. Her problems are jumps and I' m afraid she is a bit late to learn new and more difficult one. Last year she won the national title, but was not sent to worlds. And I don't know why, she does never take part in ISU Challenge competitions. Perhaps other Italians here can clarify this.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
She is clearly capable of a 3T, but interestingly there is no 3T in the LP so far. I'm willing to bet that the 3T will be added on to either the first 3F or one of the 2A. The jumps right now are place holder.

I think the potential layout might be

3F-3T
3Lo
3Lz
2A-3T-2Lo
3Lo
3Sal
2A

This is a very strong layout. Clearly she can rotate the 3T at the backend of the combo.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well she does 3t3t in the sp so of course she can tag 3toes at end of combos...

but yeah... i couldn't resist laughing at all the 10s she got in PCS.... if that were international scores, medvedeva would get 11s? haha oh well... respect to caro though because her content is getting stronger very quickly. I am still a bit of a doubter for this year but I will be happy if she proves me wrong... for next year, it's too soon...

npavel

On the Ice

but yeah... i couldn't resist laughing at all the 10s she got in PCS.... if that were international scores, medvedeva would get 11s? haha oh well... respect to caro though because her content is getting stronger very quickly. I am still a bit of a doubter for this year but I will be happy if she proves me wrong... for next year, it's too soon...
You must have spelled wrong for, if Medvedeva gets 9 in pcs, Caro should get 11... Well, you have to see Caro and Medvedeva live to get it, it's such a difference

heavy

Rinkside
You think Medvedeva is better in PCS than Carolina? [emoji33]

FSGMT

Record Breaker
She is clearly capable of a 3T, but interestingly there is no 3T in the LP so far. I'm willing to bet that the 3T will be added on to either the first 3F or one of the 2A. The jumps right now are place holder.

I think the potential layout might be

3F-3T
3Lo
3Lz
2A-3T-2Lo
3Lo
3Sal
2A

This is a very strong layout. Clearly she can rotate the 3T at the backend of the combo.
2A+3T+2Lo seems rather a tough combo, I don't think she could ever do that, she's probably planning to put a simple 2A+3T there and then add the 2T+2Lo elsewhere (to the second 2A?). Doing the three combos in the second half could be a wise choice to get more points, but she would then have just six triples. Getting the 3F+3T back is probably still her goal (as it should be).
Another alternative could also be putting the 3T+3T in the FS (even though she's never done that in recent years), but that would require doing two loops or salchows both in the second half, not an easy task mentally... The way this program is structured definitely gives her a lot of chances :think:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i didn't say i thought that... i raised the question about what scores medvedeva would get....

very different thing... please read properly...
You think Medvedeva is better in PCS than Carolina? [emoji33]

FlattFan

Match Penalty
2A+3T+2Lo seems rather a tough combo, I don't think she could ever do that, she's probably planning to put a simple 2A+3T there and then add the 2T+2Lo elsewhere (to the second 2A?). Doing the three combos in the second half could be a wise choice to get more points, but she would then have just six triples. Getting the 3F+3T back is probably still her goal (as it should be).
Another alternative could also be putting the 3T+3T in the FS (even though she's never done that in recent years), but that would require doing two loops or salchows both in the second half, not an easy task mentally... The way this program is structured definitely gives her a lot of chances :think:

Normally she would put the 3lutz in as the first jumping pass. By putting 3F in first, you bet it is going to be a 3F-3T.

I think with this layout, it will be an additional 2A-3T combo.

As far as ladies skating goes, if you have 7 triples and 2A, you max out. Carolina also doesn't have edge issue so I think unless the Sochi judges are resurrected, she should beat all of the girls.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can I just point out that the girl whp I was talking about at the start of the thread as being somebody that I had taken a real liking to last season, Elisabetta Leccardi, has only gone and won the Junior Ladies title!!!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

She won both segments to finish just a shade under 10 points ahead of the rest of the field.

Alessia Tornaghi, who very nearly won the Junior title last year when she was still of Novice age, was again the runner-up.

In the SP, Tornaghi was 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], only 1.57 points behind Leccardi. But she was 7.85 behind in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the FS, having had a fall.

Completing the podium was Lara Naki Gutmann, who was 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the SP and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the FS.

Leo-Luca Sforza's Pairs partner, Giulia Forresti, was 6[SUP]th[/SUP] in the SP. But, 12[SUP]th[/SUP] in the FS dropped her to 9[SUP]th[/SUP] overall.

SP Results; Protocols
FS Results; Protocols
Total Results

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS!!!!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

rosy14

Final Flight
Can I just point out that the girl whp I was talking about at the start of the thread as being somebody that I had taken a real liking to last season, Elisabetta Leccardi, has only gone and won the Junior Ladies title!!!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points
She won both segments to finish just a shade under 10 points ahead of the rest of the field.

Alessia Tornaghi, who very nearly won the Junior title last year when she was still of Novice age, was again the runner-up.

In the SP, Tornaghi was 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], only 1.57 points behind Leccardi. But she was 7.85 behind in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the FS, having had a fall.

Completing the podium was Lara Naki Gutmann, who was 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the SP and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the FS.

Leo-Luca Sforza's Pairs partner, Giulia Forresti, was 6[SUP]th[/SUP] in the SP. But, 12[SUP]th[/SUP] in the FS dropped her to 9[SUP]th[/SUP] overall.

SP Results; Protocols
FS Results; Protocols
Total Results

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS!!!!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

I liked Elisabetta a lot. When she started moving on ice to reach the initial position in the middle of the rink, she reminded me, as for her posture, Yuna. And she JUMPS ans has a good skating. Crossing the fingers for the future...