2016 Cup of China Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Gala

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IceNotwork won't even stream the gala for paying subscribers, when most other countries in the world get this for free as is... :sad4:

I'm at least 1000% on board with calling it Icenotwork going forward ;)

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
their ex reminds me of a nickelback song...
I don't like this feeling

Kirei

On the Ice
I think the commentators mentioned there's going to be some sort of quad-battle after the gala today?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
as an S/K supporter, this was a mad-a** boring EX guys
experiment, goddamnit. I need some raciness, spice, and energy to pep me up in this hour (btw its 1AM currently here)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Max should try to get more programs with this kind of music. He looks so comfortable and he's having fun.

katha

On the Ice
as an S/K supporter, this was a mad-a** boring EX guys
experiment, goddamnit. I need some raciness, spice, and energy to pep me up in this hour (btw its 1AM currently here)
Me, I looove it, I'm not even ashamed of it anymore either. :biggrin: It's so cheesy and random, like exhibitions should be. Also, that wannabe biker nonsense amuses me.

MIM

Medalist
I have a hope that someone in a high rank in Russian fed who is so impressed by hongbo's decision watching this competition, commands to (re)change partners of their ID teams at least forthe Olympics.

I know it is horribly wrong and dangerous way of thinking. But,,, sometimes I wish I had a magic wand..

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hi girlfriends!!!! just found out this was on... my sleep pattern is so messed up that i am fully awake and ready for this... inever watch gala so bare with me;) i may be critical... but it's okay right? since well... people are critical in competition threads LOL

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
WHERE's THEIR TROUBLEMAKER EX?????!?!?!?
BOOOOO

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Not sure why a 2-minute monologue was necessary before Stepanova/Bukin... I don't understand Chinese so I'll assume that was important.

eta

Medalist
Not sure why a 2-minute monologue was necessary before Stepanova/Bukin... I don't understand Chinese so I'll assume that was important.

He was talking about Wang/Wang, mentioned that he had a previous partner, and how Chinese pairs are doing better, coach is great, etc.

Basically useless stuff.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
The youtube stream is very good and not ghetto at all.

How much time do skaters spend practicing their exhibition piece? Yea a lot repeat moves from their competitive program, but it's not like these are improv. (although I do love improv on ice!)