Predictions: Russian team for Euro Champs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions: Russian team for Euro Champs

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I hate the Russian fed for what they did to Menshov, but they can't be stupid enough to do that in this case. You can see that even with mistakes Sergei is capable of scoring far higher than clean Petrov. He's also been pretty consistent lately, which you could never say about Menshov in 2012 when they screwed him over. Sergei's track record is much better than Menshov's was - he's already a 2-time Euro medalist. And as wrong as they were to do that to Menshov, he still got to go to Euros the next season & medaled there. You would think the Fed would have learned their lesson after that mess. As for Kovtun, Sergei has been getting the higher scores internationally and he's beaten Max in both their competitions soundly. So there is absolutely no reason for them to keep Sergei down at all (unless some disaster happens at Nats, I guess).
+1! the only thing that's able to keep him from Euros is his own bad skate (hopefully not happening!!)

of course it does, just see:
1st Kovtun
2nd Kolyada
3rd Petrov/Voronov

Kovtun as always could be clean or almost clean in RusNats. I saw his SP score at domestic competition. it was 100+ :laugh2:
So even if he spoil his FS, he will have handicap and also high PCS for nothing. I don't know why everyone put him third or fourth.
He could win RusNats and then will be 10th-15th at Euro/Worlds. :palmf:
well we can laugh but I totally see it happening
I put him #1 in y predictions:slink:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
A good many men could be 10-15th at Worlds.

Blow everything in the short, and you can sit out the free skate. As Han Yan and Nam Nguyen showed us last season. We all hope it won't happen to anyone with the ability to contend this season. But the guys take so much risk right now, and the field is so deep internationally. I'm looking at the top 24 SBs for Senior men. The number who have placed in the final group at Worlds/Olympics after the short and/or top 6 at the end of the competition is huge. Kovtun, at the moment, is below 10-15 on the SB list. (22nd). But both Voronov and Kolyada are right there. (13th & 14th).

Last edited:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
wishful thinking

Med, Anna, Liza
Aliev, Voronov, Misha
TM SK KS
BS SB SK

reality
Med, Anna, Sotskova
Kovtun, Serg, Misha
TM SK ZE
BS SB IZ

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
wishful thinking

Med, Anna, Liza
Aliev, Voronov, Misha
TM SK ZE
BS SB SK

reality
Med, Anna, Sotskova
Kovtun, Serg, Misha
TM SK KS
BS SB IZ

How come KS made into reality team and not your wishful one? I thought you're an uber!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
actually the weather here is awful +2 degrees & very 'convenient' to get sick:hopelessness:

Same where I live :( But it's very sunny, so it feels warmer. I can't remember when was the last time, the Christmas were white. In last few years we got Easter white two years in a row, but no Christmas... :palmf:

Btw. I like your wishful teams. Except, I love Ruslena, so I would have them. But not instead of S/K, but S/B. I soooo want Ruslena & Vikita to battle it up on big international stage! :devil:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Same where I live :( But it's very sunny, so it feels warmer. I can't remember when was the last time, the Christmas were white. In last few years we got Easter white two years in a row, but no Christmas... :palmf:

Btw. I like your wishful teams. Except, I love Ruslena, so I would have them. But not instead of S/K, but S/B. I soooo want Ruslena & Vikita to battle it up on big international stage! :devil:
well we have snow but it looks grey & disgusting :mad: we'll see what happens actual holidays
It been pretty sunnyless for a loong time already (thats why I was really :confused2: about some ppl suggesting Gold to move here to train :confused:) & depressing :bang:

IZ have a good chance to make the team actually. we'll see

now I see what you meant :rofl:
nah
Bukins all the way!!!
Bukins are drama free :agree: (well if you wont take into account their TAT promotion & Betemianova always puzzling & OTT comments)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Russians are the best at drama though :biggrin: Last year I was watching some Junior ID teams at JGP who were skating to Masquerade waltz. And my mom came and asked if it's Russian music. I said: 'Yes, how do you know?' and her answer was: 'I thought so. It's so dramatic!' :laugh: So you see, drama is very Russian like ;) It's what make Russian Figure Skating so exciting too :hap10:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Russians are the best at drama though :biggrin: Last year I was watching some Junior ID teams at JGP who were skating to Masquerade waltz. And my mom came and asked if it's Russian music. I said: 'Yes, how do you know?' and her answer was: 'I thought so. It's so dramatic!' :laugh: So you see, drama is very Russian like ;) It's what make Russian Figure Skating so exciting too :hap10:
Drama is great
only
If it happens on the ice:agree:

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Yes, I'd caught sight of that too and was confused... :unsure:

I wondered if you had turned... traitor... :drama:

I'm so relieved it was all a mistake.:thumbsup:
one does not simly stop being a K/S uber :peace::eek:: never a traitor! always & forever a fan!:agree: