Yura Matsuda | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yura Matsuda

champs

Final Flight
Yura's interview after NHK Trophy 2016 Short Program

dailymotion

Maybe someone can help to translate it from japanese?)

I'll take it.

Interviewer(I): This was your first NHK Trophy, great smiles at the end. How do you feel about it now?
Yura(Y): The score was not as good as I had hoped to get, but I was able to perform up to my ability, so what's done is already done, I'll look forward.
I: The key element according to you was the 3Lo combo in the second half, what do you think about it?
Y: Not as good as how I was landing it in practice, but was still the best among my recent attempts in the short program (in competitions) so I'm happy about it.
I: What about the step sequence that opened your program?
Y: I truly devoted a lot of time for that sequence in my practice, and I did it very carefully here, so it was good.
I: You looked pretty composed with no sign of nervousness. How were you actually?
Y: Indeed, I wasn't nervous at all and really enjoyed my skating with a lot of people in the arena waving the flag for me.
I: Your expectations for the freeskate tomorrow?
Y: I think I received some underrotation(s) today, so I'm hoping to jump as well as I can and skate clean.
I: Otsukaresamadeshita. (I will never know what's the best to way to translate this phrase we use when you "sympathize" for the person you're talking to after he/she has completed a hard work. A respectful way of verbal back-patting.)
Y: Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
I'll take it.

Interviewer(I): This was your first NHK Trophy, great smiles at the end. How do you feel about it now?
Yura(Y): The score was not as good as I had hoped to get, but I was able to perform up to my ability, so what's done is already done, I'll look forward.
I: The key element according to you was the 3Lo combo in the second half, what do you think about it?
Y: Not as good as how I was landing it in practice, but was still the best among my recent attempts in the short program (in competitions) so I'm happy about it.
I: What about the step sequence that opened your program?
Y: I truly devoted a lot of time for that sequence in my practice, and I did it very carefully here, so it was good.
I: You looked pretty composed with no sign of nervousness. How were you actually?
Y: Indeed, I wasn't nervous at all and really enjoyed my skating with a lot of people in the arena waving the flag for me.
I: Your expectations for the freeskate tomorrow?
Y: I think I received some underrotation(s) today, so I'm hoping to jump as well as I can and skate clean.
I: Otsukaresamadeshita. (I will never know what's the best to way to translate this phrase we use when you "sympathize" for the person you're talking to after he/she has completed a hard work. A respectful way of verbal back-patting.)
Y: Thank you very much.

Arigato!!

And can you translate other videos?)

Last edited:

champs

Final Flight
Arigato!!

And can you translate other videos?)

Which ones? No promise but I'll look at them.
I rarely do translations because I'm slow and I suck with my limited vocab ;) Some of the bilinguals on this forum or those devoted tumblr bloggers do far better translations in such a short time.
But I'm thinking the portion of Akiko's Room from the NHK Trophy gala where Yura and Wakaba were invited together may be short enough to me. Anything else you prefer?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone say anything about Yura being injured? She had a wonderful springiness to her jumps at Sk Can, while at Rostelecom, it seemed she had very little lift to her jumps. Hope she's ok.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Did anyone say anything about Yura being injured? She had a wonderful springiness to her jumps at Sk Can, while at Rostelecom, it seemed she had very little lift to her jumps. Hope she's ok.

It's already reported in the news that Yura had been carrying an injury while going into these two competitions. She injured her right ankle (similar to Hanyu's?) early on in June. She was told that the injury would require operation. But since she got two GP assignments, she wanted to make it through both competitions and then get treatment. She will now undergo surgery after COR, which could imply that she may not make it through to National this season. (But hopefully she'll get over the injury soon and come back to ice again!)