Bebe out of Nebelhorn | Golden Skate

Bebe out of Nebelhorn

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Oh no! Not again! I really gained a new respect for Bebe after seeing her at Nationals this year. She is an incredible skater to see live. She has such a presence on the ice and her jumps are beautiful. She was nailing them left and right in her warm-up group and they were all beauties...then she bombed in the freeskate. But, I have hope for her. She has the potential to be a phenomenal skater.

shine

Record Breaker
That is very unfortuante :( I've really grown to love Bebe's skating and think she's the most interesting US lady for now. I hope she's not over-training herself. I'd really like to see her go to Worlds this year...it's about time.

Oh, that's just terrible news. Her next scheduled international event is NHK on November 4. Plenty of time for a full recovery, I hope.

I wonder who they will consider sending in her place. AP McDonough and Jennifer Don are scheduled only for the Finlandia event this year (a step backward for former Grand prix hopeful AP). Also Algela Nikodinov is a strong senior lady with only one scheduled international appearance (Skate America).

What about Yebin Mok? I don't see her anywhere.

Mathman

This is horrendous news for me. I'm afraid she is going the way of NNN. She needs the practice of these int'l events, although minor, they carry some clout. Well, it a let's see and a let's hope.

Anyone know what kind of injury it was?

Joe

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Poor Bebe!! That is so unfortunate for her. :cry:

I too am curious about what type of injury this is and I hope she has a speedy and complete recovery soon. :(

lavender

Record Breaker
I loved Bebe's program last year and I was starting to get excited about her skating again but she's been injured so much. She's been injured since she was that little skinny girl and that doesn't bode well for her future.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
AP is likely out, too. She has a metatarsal ((foot bone) injury and is supposedly pulling out of Finlandia. :(

Bad news on top of bad news. Those foot injuries can cost the whole season, because you don't dare go back to practice until it is fully healed.

Mathman said:
Bad news on top of bad news. Those foot injuries can cost the whole season, because you don't dare go back to practice until it is fully healed.

Oh, how I remember Michelle's 'toe' injury at Nagano. C'est domage!

Joe